Value City Furniture / Bad customer service

United States Review updated:

A long story that I will summarize. Ordered a leather sofa and loveseat and told it would be delivered in two weeks. Got a call two weeks later saying they are delivering our black set but of course we ordered white. They delivered it but it was damaged. Since they only deliver during normal working hours we had to wait until the following Saturday (wasting the whole day since they only give you a 4 hr window the day before) then called that day to say sorry but the new one is more damaged that the old one. They then offered to attempt to repair the old one but since their repair hrs are the same as their delivery ones, once again the only time would be the following Saturday. We said no, just bring a new one BUT only if you promise to deliver it before 10:30 so we wouldn't waste a full third Saturday. They agreed but of cource two weeks later they forgot even though they had notes on the account stating the agreement. I said fine, I'm done, come get the junk. They said they would be there by 11:00- then called saying 11:30 then 12:30 then 1:30. So for the third Saturday we sit here wondering if they are showing up. Not sure if they are liers or simply incompetent but either way when we go shopping for the other items we are purchasing very soon such as the kitchen table, bedroom furniture etc. you can be sure we will not consider Value City. I'm sure our friends at work, in the neighborhood, and church feel the same after hearing our story and loss of about 15 hrs of our life.

Re

Comments

• Je
      17th of Feb, 2010

First I got the wrong rails to my bed, I had to wait another week, because when I asked if it could be delivered after 3pm during the week I was told I better move the delivery to another Saturday. Today is Saturday and I was told that the truck will be here between 2-5pm. It is 6pm now and they are not here!!! I called to check what was going on and they said they will be here in 30 minutes. This is just crazy. How much longer do I have to wait?? This wasnt even my mistake!