USAA / credit card payment holds

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I've been making regular bi-weekly payments to my credit card company. These payments were always 25=50% of my total balance. There has never been a problem with my payments, for example an insufficient funds issue. They're always good payments. Now they've put a 7 day hold on my payment. Why? Because I'm making large payments too often. All I get from the people who work there is the company line.."we reserve the right to hold your payments." Ridiculous. After I complained, I was told that all of my future payments will also be put on a 7 day hold. I would not suggest anyone go to USAA for a credit card. Their customer service is on par with a herd of goats. The people who work with the public are miscast and lack any shred of interpersonal communication skills.

Comments

5th of May, 2011

More then likely the credit card company your paying towards had other issues with other members in the bank. Did you Google whatever company your paying off? Do they have any fraud complaints?
    If any bank told you that such and such a company is being put on a 7 day hold because of unfair or unethical business practices, or because said company might be in the middle of being bought out. They could be sued for defamation, or even possibly insider trading information. A 7 day hold on any payment over the amount of 200$ is standard practice in almost all banks. When a bank does something to keep you "safe" people yell. But what if the payment was done after you paid these people? and you didn't catch it? Chase did that to us. We paid of that credit card canceled the direct deposit and for 4 months continued to try to take money out of our bank, thank goodness for the hold and USAA catching it. Or we'd of been out more money. As well as USAA put a freeze on our account because thank to a certain bank in Abu Dhabi US credit /debit card numbers were sold to criminals who proceeded to use the bank card for big purchases it was caught and only wrecked our account for about a week and USAA refunded all the money, most other banks wouldn't of. I'm sorry you feel it is unfair, however I can tell you that when the shoe is on the other foot and large transaction isn't wanted you'd feel better with a bank who is quick to freeze and hold vs one who doesn't care and just gives your money to crooks.