USAA / insurance rates
Spetember 22, 2010
Not srue this is a complaint so much as just passing on some information. I was not scammed by USAA, however ...
As a reservist, I was refered to this company by word of mouth. I was told they have great rates, customer service, etc.
At first, I submitted for an auto insurance quote. I have three vehicles, three drivers. USAA came back with a quote of almost $4, 000 per year. I currently pay $2, 000 per year. Then I submitted a quote for homeowners insurance - USAA was $300 per year higher. If Shelter Insurance is in your area, I suggest you check them out.
Then, I submitted a quote to refinance my home. Even though they used a quote with a percentage rate 1.5 percent less than my current, the monthly payment was $300 a month more than my current. And the total loan value was more than my original 4 years ago.
If this is what USAA members call value, I think they should shop around.
If it sounds to good to be true ...
More USAA Complaints & Reviews
- USAA - horrible mortgage servicing 
- USAA - cam and cheating! 
- USAA - cam and rip off! 
- USAA Federal Savings Bank - usaa's unfair business practices! 
- USAA Home Owners Insurance - bad faith 
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - "secured" credit card cancellation
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - car loan
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - mortgage
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - auto insurnace
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - unethical behavior and incompetent customer service when disputing debit transaction