USAA / don't ever sign up with usaa

I wrote this email below to USAA (socialmedia@usaa.com) and never got any reply at all! If you're considering signing up with USAA, try sending this email below and see if you get any response. That will give you an idea of their customer service. By the way, the email address is valid. Here is the proof: http://twitter.com/USAA

=============
Dear USAA,

I signed up for USAA banking account (savings and checking) on June
9th 2010, and I paid the $50. It has been 3 months now and I am still
not allowed to use my account. I was told there is "investigation" on
my account.

I do not mind at all if there is an investigation, but three months is
unreasonably long. At least let me know how the "investigation" is
progressing. What result are they waiting for? What step is slowing
them down?

Or, refund my money. Isn't my request perfectly reasonable?

Thanks again,

Bob

Cw

Comments

• Li
      14th of Nov, 2010

I am utterly disgusted with USAA Mortgage Services. When I call for a status on my VA refinance, my processor barely can form a sentence in English and is also very rude. She will never return a call either. On 1 loan, this is my 4th processor assigned! None of them could speak very good english neither were they kind. Nothing against Mexican American people- however, in business, you need bright, articulate, knowledgeable staff that communicate kindly and effectively. I give up AND I also will be contacting Clark Howard to tell him my disgust!! USAA Mortgage is based in San Antonio. I did some checking around and found that it is the policy of USAA Mortgage to hire and promote Mexican Americans over caucasian. Who gets hurt the blatent favortism like this?? It is the Veteran!! I am trying to warn everyone I can to stay away from them! In the name of "political correctness" they are hurting the customer and I am disgusted. Hmmm is it a coincidence that the CEO is a Mexican American as well? Joe Robles USAA Mortgage Services is Toxic and should be avoided.

• Li
      28th of Nov, 2010

I am posting everywhere I can to warn people about USAA and their horrible treatment of customers (members) - USAA Mortgage is run by mexican immigrants, I am totally convinced of that!! Our VA Mortgage Processor, could not communicate well at all (and I think she cursed out my husband in Spanish) therefore, I will tell everyone I know AND the VA loan center about how Veterans and their families are treated.

I applied alnong with my husband for a VA Refinance a month ago. My husband is 100% disabked as a result if service in Afghanistan- a grenade exploded under him during a "sweep". He is a grunt, an infantryman and would die for his country- and he almost did!! Anyway, our VA Processor kept telling us he has to pay the 3.3% funding fee. Then, she changed her mind and said no he did not. She refused to accept any paperwork from the VA with his rating. This incompetant [censored] mexican lady put us through hell and back! It finally came to the point that our lock expired not once but twice on us. Had we gone through with the USAA refinance, we would have had another half a percent tacked on to our rate.

I am thinking that this malicious treatment has to be criminal or fraud. I find it hard to believe that a fortune 500 organization would be so "politically correct" in its hiring to reflect the large mexican american population in TX without regard to skill or merit. I understand that they have a consumer reporter on KENS 5 in SA. I have contacted him and they will be airing an expose on USAA Mortgage Services in early Feb 2011.

I want to vomit when I think of the bad people there.

• He
      28th of Nov, 2010

Lisa: "it is the policy of USAA Mortgage to hire and promote Mexican Americans over Caucasian." Do you have proof of this? If not don't use it as part of your complaint, if it turns out wrong it will just make you look untrustworthy.