USAA / credit line

United States Review updated:
2.5
I had been a loyal customer of USAA. Last month I cancelled my car insurance, of 20 years . I had moved to another State and gave the car to my daughter. I stated that when we did purchase another vehicle it would be up to my (husband to be) who he wanted to go with. He has been with his insurance company for 30+ years. I was told for a fee that they could hold my account open so I could get the same rate. We know that is not the truth. Another person told me, because of my great rating that I would be taken back. I have never ever been late with my car insurance or any other payments. Yesterday in the mail I get a letter stating because of my credit history they took my credit line from $13, 500 to $5, 200.

#1 Never have I had my card to my limit
#2 I never asked to have my limit raised it was done because of my credit history
#3 I have not used this card in over 10 months
#4 Some time this past summer I sent in $3, 000 payment. I have no minimal payment due but I send in a good amount each month.

My limit was taken down, for one reason only!!! I cancelled my car insurance with you. I don't need this card nor did I ever need a $13, 500 on my credit line. You people are nothing but a scam. Over the years I have gotten people to go with USAA, I will now tell people my story and call the ones who still have business with you, including my family. My dad has been with USAA for a life time. He is 88 and still living and still is with you. I will get him switched.

Comments

Me
  22nd of Nov, 2008
I've been reading more and more complaints about USAA, and one conclusion that I can come to is that they have taken a nosedive in terms of quality and service over the last few years. I've been a loyal customer for 10 years with home and auto loans, insurance, credit cards, and banking accounts. Three months ago, I received a mailer from USAA for a credit card offer, with a good fixed interest rate and an introductory interest rate of 0.0% on convenience checks for 12 months. My wife and I decided to finish off some home improvement projects and use the checks, while paying the balance off and not accruing any interest. Three months later, the economy has crashed, numerous USAA investment funds have lost up to 50% of their value, and mysteriously my credit card terms have changed. I don't have the original mailer, but do have the confirmation number written down, but (and this is the kicker) USAA says that number is not a valid confirmation number for a credit card application. This was, of course, not mentioned during the application process over the phone. I was also just told today that USAA doesn't offer credit cards with fixed rates, also a lie because the previous card I had with them did have a fixed rate. If anyone else has received a similar offer, please respond on this board, I don't believe that this was an isolated incident.
Hy
  8th of Dec, 2009
Please report this to the BBB

USAA (United Services Automobile Association) Logo USAA (United Services Automobile Association)
Overall Satisfaction Rating