US Passport Agency / what passport!

I want to know if we, as in the American People can form a class action lawsuit against the government passport agency for reimbursement for passports promised, but no gotten on time. I know there are a lot of us out there--personally I should have been on a plane by now on route to Jamaica for my first vacation in two years. Instead I am searching for an attorney an people like me. I personally am out $1000 dollars in cancellation fees and not to mention the expedited cost of trying to get it here in time.

I am figuring that even if we don't see a dime, perhaps that will get the Governments attention that we are not powerless and they can be held accountable for their incompetence. Email me at survgrrl@hotmail.com. I am currently collecting names and emails and I want your stories so I can pass them around and petition.

I am prepared to use any avenue possible and any help or advise is appreciated.

Comments

• Pa
      29th of May, 2007

My husband won a trip to Cabo. As soon as we found out the dates, I sent in for my passport. I mailed in my renewal the first of March. We are scheduled to leave on June 1, which is 12 weeks after I sent in my application. No one answers at the lines given, no one answers at the state dept, we contacted our senator, no help there either. I cant believe the lack of concern, which is typical of our wonderful government. There is no one to turn to because no one cares or can help. We have just lost the trip of a life time because I couldn't get my passport in a timely manner. And it isn't even a new passport, its a RENEWAL!!!

• Cs
      31st of May, 2007

It's been 12 weeks and I am still waiting... my daughter and I applied within 2 days of each other... and she received hers over 4 weeks ago. I did get someone on the phone after 2 days of trying to be told that my passport was in New Orleans... just waiting to be "mailed", but that I could apply in person and that I could only get an appointment with in 3 days of by travel date. I'm in Georgia... I would need to travel to LA. ??? Within 3 days of leaving the country? And you are NOT guaranteed that you will get your passport due to long lines.

I am not out of money YET, but there is no rhyme or reason to why my daughter would get her's within 8 weeks and I am still waiting...

• Sk
      9th of Jun, 2007

I'm thinking there has to be a way to get some help! Why is this mess not all over the media... I'm sick of hearing about Parris Hilton. I am just absolutely disgusted with our Passport Agency. My 3y.o. nieces pp application was submitted Mar 20, 2007. Back then the wait time was 8-10 weeks. She is scheduled to travel June 12 to Jamaica with my two teenage sons to spend the summer with family. Today is June 9... still no passport after many phone calls and promises. The new leniency allowance does not help us because #1, application status search shows 'application not found' after nearly 3 mos, and #2, she is not traveling with a parent/legal guardian. The customer service reps. That I've spoke to are of no help whatsoever... I'm not even sure why they even exist. Just last night (Friday) we were told the only option is to get to Louisiana today (Sat.) (we are in GA, that's a 7 hr drive each way). After expressing my complete dissatisfaction and disgust, I actually agreed to take the appt. in LA. The phone rep asked for all my info to schedule the appt., then she stopped in her tracks and said she could no longer authorize the appt. since the travel date is for Tues June 12 and not Mon June 11... people, the flight leaves Atlanta @ 8:30 am on Tuesday morning... Have you ever heard such rubbish. Does that not make you sick to your stomach?? This situation is just crazy. Note: Not once has a representative even apologized for the inconvenience. The Govt. has imposed these new travel laws without the resources to ensure free movement of its law abiding citizens. So much for freedom!!!

• Kr
      13th of Jun, 2007

My daughter is supposed to leave on a hiking trip to Nepal on June 15. It's now June 13 (pm), and we still don't have a passport. THOUSANDS of dollars down the drain. Can't get a human being anywhere, and the automated system (after 3 days of trying), can now only give us an appointment in Houston, 5 hours away, on Monday, June18! Am hoping to see my House Rep. in the morning, June 14. I've heard they can sometimes help. If Pete Sessions can help us, I'll vote Republican in the next election!

• Vi
      22nd of May, 2009

I sent in my 7 year old sons paper work to obtain his passport, over a month later I have not received it! I got a letter from the houston passport agency stating that the date of registration was not on the long birth certificate that I sent???? Do I make the birth certificate??? NO!!! I have called every week to get ahold of someone and explain that the registration date is not my issue and if so they need to send me my $ back!!! I would love to sue these thiefs! My son is an american born citizen and its his RIGHT to get a passport!!!

• Ve
      30th of Sep, 2010

I agree with each end every one of you and I am soooooo very mad at this point! Why can't ppl help ppl? why can't they do their jobs right? They have ruined my trip with my husband to reunite with his parents whom he hasn;t seen in 9 years. Now I can't live that part of his life with him. I'm so upset. They haven't met me nor our daughter who is now 3 yrs old. I am a citizen and have a right to get my passport!! I don't know what to do?!>!? This is seriously depressing me.

• Ne
      30th of Sep, 2015

I agreed terrible government office I never saw in my life. Web site, customer service, Agent, email and letters are saying different statement. But nothing is true. I am really wondering how this office are functioning in America.

7th of Oct, 2015

Incompetent. Washington DC office. That is all I want to say to them.

• Ne
      17th of Oct, 2015

After visit with passport office with my son and got the passport. thanks JESUS