U.S. Bank / customer service

United States Review updated:
U.S. Bank
I have a car loan with U.S. Bank. I was receiving paper statements and decided to go paperless with online statements and by receiving email alerts. The email alerts never arrived. Customer Service told me to place them on my 'contacts' list which I immediately did. Still no email alerts. My second call/email to Customer Service informed me that my emails were bouncing back as undeliverable despite the fact that the address is completely correct. They recommended I set up text alerts for my cell phone. I did so. The text messages came...at 5:00 a.m.!! On my third contact with Customer Service, they informed me the text messages are random and they cannot control the time they arrive. They also told me regardless of whether my alerts were arriving, it was my responsibility to remember to make payments. After 4-5 months of no satisfaction from Customer Service, I went back to paper statements. I have NEVER had any difficulty with any online banking alerts coming to my email, so something is definitely wrong with the system at U.S. Bank. Lesson learned...never allow your car dealership finance dept to choose your financing company.

A  23rd of Jul, 2009 by
I have had the same experience at US Bank. My email provider said that the US bank emails contain link(s) that have been identified as spam so the email provider is bouncing the entire email as spam. US Bank needs to get their servers off of the spam lists.

US Bank / US Bancorp Logo US Bank / US Bancorp