UPS / late/no delivery

1 WA, United States Review updated:

I'm in Gig Harbor, WA, and was affected by bad weather here over Christmas. Still, a gift I ordered for my husband that was supposed to arrive on 12/22 is still not here on 12/30. Every day, the UPS website shows that the package will be delivered "today", yet when the day comes and goes, the date simply rolls over to the next day. So I have zero confidence right now that my package will arrive at all. I've called once so far but they basically said there's not much they can do, just wait and see. I have a feeling they'll be hearing from me again when the package does not show up today.

My mom also paid $128 to have a package sent next day air from Detroit on 12/23, but that package hasn't arrived yet either. Is it fair to charge someone $128 when you know you can't make the guarantee? I'll bet they smiled at her, looked her in the eye, lied to her, and took her money, knowing full well they were covered by their "no guarantees during holidays" clause.

I would advise anyone to not use UPS. Use Fedex instead. The packages I sent Fedex managed to get to my mom by Christmas, and the weather in Detroit was no better than it was here. So explain that one, UPS.

Comments

• Ae
      25th of Aug, 2009

I USED UPS FOR RETURNING TWO DEFECTIVE ESP3 KODAK PRINTERS AND UPS CAN'T TELL ME THE SHIPPING NUMBERS. THEY SAID I SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN THEM DOWN! UPS SHOULD NOT BE USED WHEN THERE OTHER SHIPPERS TO TRY. THEY HAD ME TALK TO A VERY SICKENING SUPV. WHO WANTS TO ACT LIKE SHE IS SOMEONES MOTHER INSTEAD OF A HELPFUL BUSINESS PERSON.

• Ae
      25th of Aug, 2009

KODAK CANT LOOK UP WHAT WAS SENT TO THEM, UNLESS YOU HAVE THE TRACKING NUMBERS, WHICH UPS DOESNOT SUPPLY YOU ON RETURNS.

• 80
      25th of Nov, 2010

I too had an experience with this same ups office. They left a delivery attempt notice on 11/23/10 so I took the day off on 11/24 to receive the package. Around 5:55 I opened my door to find another notice indicating their attempt to deliver. I was home all day and no one rang the bell or knocked on the door. I spoke to an agent at the 800 number who stated I would hear from someone within the hour which I did. Someone by the name of Ms. Alexandra called to tell me the driver was gone for the day. Ms. Alexandra claimed to be a supervisor and when I inquired of her Supervisor the call was abruptly disconnected. I would like to file a formal complaint regarding this situation and plan on visiting the center the next day they are open. This is not a professionally run office and it seems the delivery people need closer supervision in their vans.

• 80
      25th of Nov, 2010

The office I am referring to is located at 345 Brush Ave in the Bronx NY.