UPS United Parcel Service Canada / Courier Service / lost documents, poor customer service

1 Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

During my relocation from Ontario to Alberta, my Ontario attorney sent important mortgage documents (signed by my wife, who hasn't moved yet) by UPS courier to my Alberta attorney for overnight delivery. To make a long story short, UPS has lost this package, and after nearly a week, are still unable to locate it. As a result I missed my closing date on my new home, and this has potentially scuttled the deal entirely. Repeated calls from myself and from both attorneys to UPS were not returned, and only after being cornered, did UPS admit that they had indeed lost the package. I worked for UPS years ago, and saw many of the shenanigans that went on there, from theft to wilfull destruction of packages, and had I known he was planning on using UPS, I would have forbidden my attorney from doing so.

Heed my warning: avoid UPS. They don't take proper care of your shipments, and don't like to help when something goes wrong.

Don't do business with these spoiled, petulant brats.

Al

Comments

• Da
      6th of Mar, 2009

I agree with you totally...UPS is the worst...the charge up the ### and offer very little or anything service...It has been six days and no information on my package whatsoever...it just says billing information received...this is a ground shipment from california to canada

• Na
      13th of Dec, 2010

I too agree to these complaints! I don't know what to do! I have a friend in Canada who I purchased the Apple Imac from, he used it like a few times, and I always wanted one, but it was too expensive for me to get a brand new one. Anyway getting to the point - I purchased the Imac and the Ipad, however after a week from the date it was supposed to be delivered, I called UPS only to be told that the package was at the South African Airport at the UPS office, frustrated I decided to drive there and pick up the package myself, upon arrival I was presented with just the one package (IPAD) and not the IMAC. They told me it hadn't left Canada and that I needed to contact them! I did so and basically no one could tell me where my package was, until they finally admitted that it hadn't left Canada and that they couldn't find it. It's now 3 weeks since my expected delivery and i have not heard anything, I have to keep calling on them! To make matters worst, I insured my package for the amount I was paying for the IMAC (although it's practically brand new with plastic covers and all) I sold my other laptop to buy this one, and I have nothing! The package is lost or stolen and still I haven't received any compensation or any correspondance with regard to this situation!!! I lost out $2800! I'm insured for only $1600. I transport goods all the time, but this is the first time I've had a package lost!