UPS / delivered to wrong address

1 MI, United States Review updated:

I own a small computer store in which I build, sell and repair computers. I orderd some LED lights
and an LED light headset from a company in Nevada. The assured me that they would ship the
items the same day and we calculated that using UPS ground, the shipment would arrive by
Friday May 9th even with delays. According to UPS tracking, the shipment was due to be
delivered on Friday May 9th and it was sent in two boxes, both to be deliverd on the same day.
Some of the parts were for a custom built gaming computer that a customer ordered for his
son's birthday on Sunday May 11th. It is a $2100.00 computer. I received the box from UPS
with the LED light headset but not the box with the important parts for the computer.
According to the tracking number, my box was delivered somewhere else and signed for
by someone named Mary. We don't have a Mary working here. I called UPS and they told
me that I had to contact the business that I originally ordered the parts from to initiate an
investigation. I did and they said they would contact UPS which they did because UPS called
later that day. You would think that they would make the driver go out and try to find my
shipment but I guess not. Here it is Saturday, the customer was nice about the computer
but canceled the order because it won't be finished by Sunday so I lost a $21oo.oo sale. Does
UPS care? I think not. I want to thank the idiots of UPS for my lost sale and a computer that
will sit in my store for who knows how long because gaming computers are a niche market.
I'm going to look into taking UPS to small claims court to try and recoup some of the lost
sale. The customer told me that if I get a court date that he can work around he will
appear with me. Pretty nice, huh? Even though he has to scramble to get his son something
else for Sunday.

Comments

• Lo
      18th of Nov, 2009

i had a similar experience. my package was an important gift for one of the kids. UPS insisted it had been delivered and signed for and that there was nothing they could do. nearly a week later, my neighbor from across the street and a couple houses down brought over a package he said had been sitting on his dining room table for the past week! Actually though i was angrier at the neighbor for not bringing it over sooner...But that being said, i have never had a problem with Fedex. its just that with a lot of places online, they only offer UPS. i also notice when i send things, there are a lot more UPS points than other methods.