UPS / do not pay claims apparently
Had a loss last November. Somewhere along the UPS line their gorillas destroyed a shipped item that was packed according to their specifications and it was insured. As it was a one of a kind item, had to immediately refund Buyer his money and freight charge. First, UPS tried to say it was not packed according to their regulations and denied the claim. Upon having to review pictures of the packing, destroyed box (elephant sat on it?), and the item, they agreed it was packed correctly. That was Dec 31, 2008. Sent them by their fax number documented claim form on January 8, 2009. Called several times to person handling it, said was being process and check would go out "very soon". Called again 2/13/09, and person no longer works for them. Show claim was approved, but show no file nor claim form received, therefore can do nothing. Told me to resubmit claim for and they would follow through. When, after they are bankrupt, which I understand is where they are heading. Local employees say they have lost business to other companies and are not busy at all. Because of their attitude, we have switched to Fed-X and LOVE IT - much cheaper (20%+) and much better personalized service at the receiving station. I'm having other merchants tell me they almost never get paid by UPS on claims, give up, and change to Fed-X. Most of our incoming is now coming Fed-X rather than UPS. Another ICON about to bite the dust.
More UPS Complaints & Reviews
- UPS - the truth about ups 
- UPS Basic - poor service 
- UPS - I hate ups - the worst shipping company! 
- UPS - harassment 
- UPS Canada - poorest customer service 
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - Delivered to wrong address
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - Packages going to my neighbors
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - failure to perform delivery of live animal product (via next day air in a timely manner)
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - credit card charged for revised delivery date that was never delivered! wtf 
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - delivery driver lying about attempting to deliver a package!!