UPS / jewish holiday
I took time off work today to wait for a parcel I had ordered last week and I was tracking it online to make sure it would actually arrive. The status was set to "Out for Delivery" this morning so things were looking good. As it neared 5pm, after a day of waiting at home for it to arrive, I called them as the status had changed and it was now "In Transit" despite no communication, a knock on the door or a redelivery slip. There was a note saying there had been an "Exception" next to the tracking number. I spoke to a person in customer services who passed my details onto the depot where my parcel was dispatched from this morning. They promptly phoned me and then very abruptly told me that they couldn't deliver my parcel to my house as it was a Jewish holiday and quickly hung up with no apology. After thinking it through I decided to phone the main customer service department back and make a complaint. They were very understanding and got the supervisor of the depot to phone me to see what they could do... It transpires nothing! The supervisor was as abrupt and unapologetic as her colleague ( I can now understand why the people under her also have bad customer service skills). This is in no way an argument against religious holidays, but for an international company as big as UPS not being able to deliver for another 4 days to my address is outrageous.
I saw a UPS truck today on a short trip to the Post Office about 5 blocks away so I am still in wonder as to why they couldn't deliver to my address. I live two blocks away form a Jewish community but that still doesn't excuse the fact that they are completely unable to deliver a parcel for four more days!
Guess I will have to wait and write a letter to the head office...
More UPS Complaints & Reviews
- UPS - the truth about ups 
- UPS Basic - poor service 
- UPS - I hate ups - the worst shipping company! 
- UPS - harassment 
- UPS Canada - poorest customer service 
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - left notice outside building, no name as to who the receiver is, and no check box as to first notice, second notice or final notice to pickup!
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - a delivery truck driver
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - muffler
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - poor customer service with reluctance 
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - reckless driving