University of Phoenix / fraudulent school and staff
I have been going to the University of Phoenix for over a year now and I must say that it is the worst organization I have ever had to deal with. The school is a joke! From it's poorly educated educator's (a few of my instructor's had no grasp of the English language. How in the hell were they allowed to teach? Most of them had full time jobs as educator's for other universities. How would they be able to find the time to communicate with us students and help guide us in our journey of knowledge and better education?) to it's clueless academic counselor's and money hungry financial advisers. There have been many times where I have attempted to contact my financial counselor, Aaron Rangel, and was not able to reach him. He never picked up his phone and never responded to any messages I left him. I would request that my academic counselor, Derek Dowty, transfer me to him and he would never be available. If it wasn't for their marketing campaign, I would assume that the school employed no more than 50 people total.
I failed one of my classes and ended having to retake it. Well, sure enough that will cost you $1, 000 out of pocket, even though they said that my financial aid would cover it. Turns out that because I failed the class, they had to send back half of my financial aid. What in the hell is that about? So I took the class again and did my best to apply as much as my time as possible to passing it. Keep in mind I have a full time salary job that requires me to work as needed. So what I did was reuse some of the previous material that I submitted to the previous class to the new class. And of course the work I had submitted before that was graded exceptionally well by the first teacher was graded horribly by the second. In the end, the instructor ended up failing me by LITERALLY just about 10 points. I called my academic counselor and tried to dispute the issue and he said that all grading was left up to the teacher's. He didn't even care that I was upset. He basically wanted to know if I wanted to continue, and if not, would I like to be transferred to the financial adviser to pay off my now hugely growing debt.
In the end, I am now in debt about $15, 000 and have only made 15 credits towards general education. I beg of anyone who has taken the time to read this: PLEASE DO NOT CONSIDER JOINING THIS SCHOOL. The worse part about it is I took the time to research the school and as well read all of these complaints, and I still went through with it because I was looking for an easy way out.
The end result? An empty bank account, 15 credits, no additional knowledge of business (except to stay away from UOP) and a lifetime of regret.
More University of Phoenix Complaints & Reviews
- University of Phoenix - misleading students when enrolling and financial aid disbursements 
- University Of Phoenix / Axia College / Apollo Group - class action law suit: misuse of title iv funds and accounting practices: unethical business practices : scam and fraud 
- University Of Phoenix Financialaid Processing Department - failure to release financial aid information 
- University Of Phoenix Axia Online - rip off 
- University of Phoenix - not returning financial aid dispersed to them 
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - loans
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - new financial aid policy
- University of Phoenix - financial aid scam
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - excess student refund loan never
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - student loans