University of Phoenix / scam
I enrolled in UOP received a loan for 20, 000. I was informed that only half of my loan could be disbursed based upon credit hours. My 1st disbursement was (10, 000) 7, 000 was mailed to me and the school used 3, 000 to cover the cost for the class which I was enrolled in. UOP states that the other 10, 000 of the original (20, 000)loan was returned to the lender. I am now in repayment status repaying the loan, but have received several letters saying that I owed UOP 7, 600 in addition to paying the lender and if I do not pay UOP this will further damage my credit and prevent me from pursuing another school. Upon withdrawing from this school I had a 0 balance and all my fees were paid with loan funds. How do I defend myself knowing that this is a scam. I received a loan and I should be required to repay only the loan back not the school.
More University of Phoenix Complaints & Reviews
- University of Phoenix - misleading students when enrolling and financial aid disbursements 
- University Of Phoenix / Axia College / Apollo Group - class action law suit: misuse of title iv funds and accounting practices: unethical business practices : scam and fraud 
- University Of Phoenix Financialaid Processing Department - failure to release financial aid information 
- University Of Phoenix Axia Online - rip off 
- University of Phoenix - not returning financial aid dispersed to them 
- University of Phoenix - financial aid scam
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - excess student refund loan never
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - student loans
- University of Phoenix - corrupt, scam, criminal (crap) "school"
- University of Phoenix - advisors: enrollment/ re-entry