University of Phoenix / lies and more lies

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

Really??? Everybody who is complaining probably failed a class and is just upset, or maybe they are not smart enough to actually finish a class. I have been attending at uop for almost three years now and am almost done with my bsb/a. I have had the best experience. Sure there are a few instructors I didn't like but that is about it. There are such things as financial agreements, and e-signing of forms. If you don't read them then that is your fault. Everything is in there and it is really that simple. This is probably why all of you where not successful in school... Go to the local community college

Ro

Comments

• Be
      4th of Mar, 2010

I attended the UOP and got great grades, but due to their new attendence policy I can't keep up. I opted to transfer back to Capella due to the flexibility. And UOP screwed me. I completed my courses before my withdraw. They sent my funds back to the lender and sent me a bill for 2999 dollars, and refuse to give me a copy of my transcripts untill I pay up! I contacted my lender and asked if those funds could be returned to UOP, they said all they had to do was request them. But when I contacted them to give them this information, they said they would and have not! So all my hard work was for nothing! My advisors at UOP did everything in there power to keep me there but I knew I had a better chance of completing my degree at Capella. They still keep giving me the runaround. When I originally left Capella they were supportive and very helpful...they didn't try to stop me or bully me into staying and do underhanded things like University of Phoenix. And just to make another point when I finalized my withdraw from University of Phoenix. I asked my advisor if there was anything I needed to know especially if my withdraw would effect my financial aid or anything and I was told NO! So I am happy that it has worked out for you, but you are one of few!

• Ki
      22nd of Mar, 2010

You are probably an anvisor and work at the school, advisors get their cut, and that's why they are still sitting in back of does desk lying to students and making money off them, you can't talk for over 300 people complaints, I would understand failing, but most of the students wirth the complaints all over the website are not about grades, it is about the advisors lying to them, nobody knows your background just like you don't know theirs, so you can't say that people arent smart because you are incorrect, students actually have cases with attorneys and the school has been investigated, and is still being investigating. if you have a BSB/A like you mentioned then why do you talk out of your ###, without reading the statistics, you are a looser that probably lies, and is making up crap just to back up the school.

• Gr
      25th of Mar, 2010

BINGO rogship, I too have had an amazing experience with University of Phoenix... I graduate this summer with a 3.5 GPA. I think all of these negative complainers need to except the fact that they are the type of people that blame everyone else for their lack of ambition. You have to earn a degree at University of Phoenix. In no way is it handed to you. Congrat's rogship!!

• Ik
      6th of Apr, 2010

If you guys are proud of yourselves for having such high grade point averages I wouldn't be. The only way that you fail a course at the University of Phoenix is by being a brain dead idiot, which much of their student base is due part that they will put anyone with a pulse, "GED" or high school diploma, and the ability to complete an application in school.

However in defense of UOP, they are "supposed" to return the financial aid award back to the lender for any incomplete courses in accordance with the guidelines imposed by the higher education act. However this isn't required and is completely unfair to the student due in part to the unfair repayment process that this imposes on the borrower. Even more worrisome is that I would hazard a guess that 99% of students entering into a financial aid agreement with UOP are unaware of this fact. Granted UOP puts this fact somewhere on their financial aid application, but you try and find it.

But don't believe they want to return these funds due to your withdrawing from there, as the number one recipient of federal financial aid dollars, they would much rather pass you if you can put a coherent sentence together in order to keep you in school and keep milking the billion dollar cash cow.

• Ro
      10th of Apr, 2010

Ohhhhh, so when you sign the Master Promissory Note you didn't realize you where taking out a loan??? That is why you are probably the one who failed a course. Don't worry there are community colleges for you.

• Sh
      17th of Nov, 2010

Wow there ate some long-winded [censor] on here