Universal Vacation Club / Timeshare

I have a fixed week timeshare with UVC, at the Villa Del Arco resort in Cabo San Lucas. My wife and I were scheduled to stay our week at the resort, but I had to cancel on the day we were supposed to leave. I called the hotel receptionist four days later, and found out that they had rented my fixed week without telling me. In addition to getting my monthly payment, the hotel profited from my fixed week without telling me. When the receptionist found out it was me on the phone, she freaked out and told me to call my local office. Does anyone know if this is legal? Has anyone had a similar experience?

St

Comments

• Db
      14th of Jan, 2009

Below you will find the letters I sent to the email addresses for the owners of the Villa Group. The Villa Group is the company that builds the hotels in Mexico and should be named on your contracts. They are based out of Mexico (conveinent) but have offices at the same address as UVC and ResortCom international. UVC is just a front and only handles the timeshare portion. We all have exactly the same complaint about unethical sales practices and lack of disclosure. The Villa Group is the party we should be talking to. Urge the people who visit your site to contact the Villa Group and the owners at the following email addresses:

FGONZALEZ@VILLAGROUP.COM

LUZMARIATORRES@PRODIGY.NET

• Db
      10th of Feb, 2009

My complaints against UVC have been resolved. Thank you UVC.