United Airlines / Terrible service!

1 77 W. Wacker Dr.Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

In 1983 I was flying alone from Oregon to San Diego. I had to change planes in San Francisco. I boarded the plane and settled in for the last leg home. Everyone had gotten on the plane. A flight attendant approached me and asked me to come with her. I did. I asked her 'What's this all about?' She said nothing, but continued escorting me to the front of the plane. When we got there, she pointed towards the gantry-way and said, 'there please.' I exited the plane, turned around and saw another person head past me into the plane. I asked the flight attendant, 'What's this all about?' She smiled and closed the door in my face.

I had no answers and only questions. I headed to the ticket counter and got no explanation either. Finally I asked, 'Did you guys overbook the flight?' The ticket agent just smiled and said, 'I can get you on another flight in 8 hours. It's not already booked.' I was a juvenile at the time (16 yrs old). I asked if that was all they were going to do for me and the ticket agent said nothing. But she did hand me an updated ticket.

I was so ticked off. All they had to do was tell me they had made a mistake by overbooking the flight. But they wouldn't. The booted a juvenile too.

I swore that I'd never give United Airlines a penny of my money as long as I lived. I have kept my promise. I am now a General Manager of a multi million dollar store. I travel each year... sometimes twice. Has United seen a penny of my money? Nope.

You United Airlines people ought to learn something from this.

Va

Comments

Je
  18th of Sep, 2013

from Ontario Calif. to San Francisco was suppose to go to Washington DC but their was a ground stop in San Francisco so I ask them about my flight so They send me to Chicago when I arrive they said they don't make stops at GSP SC so they said they would send me to Charlotte NC before we left Captain was late and at Chicago they change gate from H3 to H2 so when I went they said I had missed the flight and I was there so they send me to Philadelphia and then after their was a 1 hour delay and then to GSP SC and all this was at American Airlines because of Untied Airlines could not get me home from 8:00 pm Sunday night to Monday night almost lost my job and no sleep for 2 days