United Airlines / Terrible service!
In 1983 I was flying alone from Oregon to San Diego. I had to change planes in San Francisco. I boarded the plane and settled in for the last leg home. Everyone had gotten on the plane. A flight attendant approached me and asked me to come with her. I did. I asked her 'What's this all about?' She said nothing, but continued escorting me to the front of the plane. When we got there, she pointed towards the gantry-way and said, 'there please.' I exited the plane, turned around and saw another person head past me into the plane. I asked the flight attendant, 'What's this all about?' She smiled and closed the door in my face.
I had no answers and only questions. I headed to the ticket counter and got no explanation either. Finally I asked, 'Did you guys overbook the flight?' The ticket agent just smiled and said, 'I can get you on another flight in 8 hours. It's not already booked.' I was a juvenile at the time (16 yrs old). I asked if that was all they were going to do for me and the ticket agent said nothing. But she did hand me an updated ticket.
I was so ticked off. All they had to do was tell me they had made a mistake by overbooking the flight. But they wouldn't. The booted a juvenile too.
I swore that I'd never give United Airlines a penny of my money as long as I lived. I have kept my promise. I am now a General Manager of a multi million dollar store. I travel each year... sometimes twice. Has United seen a penny of my money? Nope.
You United Airlines people ought to learn something from this.
More United Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- United Air Care - unfinished work and hard-sell tactics 
- United Air Care - air duct cleaning 
- United Airlines - Delayed baggage 
- United Air Care - Unfinished work 
- Continental Airlines - What a pathetic way to run a business! 
- United Airlines - unexpected baggage fees
- United Airlines - united airlines customer service
- Air Canada And United Airlines And Aeroplan - discriminatory and unethical behaviour
- United Airlines - I will never be flying with United again
- United Airlines - complaint submitted on July 29 was never resolved