Uhaul / truck rental

Markham, Ontario
Canada
Phone: 905-472-9707
uhaul.com
June 14/08. Exploding Uhaul!
Went on Uhaul website to order a 10' vehicle for June 14th (three weeks prior) Received a confirmation to go to Hwy 48 location and vehicle was available. Received a phone call reiterating that. Went to location to pick up vehicle and they said it wasn't available and we would have to go to another location. This is after waiting 30 mins. Go to second location wait another 20 mins and they don't have a 10' vehicle; only a 17' vehicle. So we take it. We drive 20 mins to where we want to load the vehicle, put the truck in park, turn off the engine, go inside and hear an explosion. Something from the undercarriage of the vehicle has exploded and the vehicle is now on fire. (We have pictures!) Call the 1-800 number and it's in Arizona. They let us know that someone will be calling us in 1/2 hour to let us know what to do next. In the meantime my husband calls the location we rented it from to see what they can do and they have nothing to help us out. An hour later we get a call to say someone will call us in 1/2 an hour. We rent another truck from Hertz- Great service, great company by the way. Leave the Uhaul piece of junk in the driveway with the keys inside. Apparently the idiots at Uhaul are now calling my home phone, not the cell phone number I have just given them. 3 hours later we get a call to say that someone is now coming to pick up the truck. I get home, call customer service complaints number and they say someone will call me in 2 days. Just received their call and they say they can't reverse the charges to my credit card as the account is still open. I mean seriously how many calls do i have to make to close this account. I have called the initial complaint, the markham location, the customer complaints 1-800 number and now a new customer service number. Then, the guy says I'll give you the number of our regional office [protected] in order to close the account. Of course, this number just rings and rings. As it now stands I am considering suing this company for emotional stress and aggravation. The explosion and frustration has had me in a state of permanent shakes for two days. Come on really how is this company still in business?
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country Canada Complaint category Car Rental

Comments

A  8th of Mar, 2010 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I used U-haul one time and never will do again.
I was quoted one price and when it came time to get some of my, deposit back they had tacked on all kinds of expense's that I never agreed to nor wanted.
I was furious. customer service?? What customer service?? I also had to go to another u-haul dealer to pick mine up.Then the day of the move the truck was not their had to sit a wait over a hour for the truck.When you move that is stress enough, but dealing with a bad rental moving truck makes matters worse.

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree