[Resolved] TXU EnergyEarly Termination fee after 27 Years!

Avoid this company at all costs! My wife and I have been married for 26 years. I was a TXU customer prior to my marriage, then after I was married as well, totaling 27 years straight. About three years ago, I switched our service to another company with a lower rate, then received my final bill from TXU which included a $200 ETF! When I called to question how in the world could I have a $200 etf, the rep told me I had broken my contract. I asked what contract could I be in that last 27 years. The rep said they had called my wife the month prior and advised her my plan had expired? Again I asked what plan was I under that ran out after 27 years and was told we were under a 2 year plan, asked for a manager and was told there was none there and I would have to pay the fee. I didnt pay and never will and have been advising anyone and everyone I know to avoid this company. It amazes me that a company you have done business with for 27 years and paid thousands of dollars to over the years would treat a customer in this manner. They placed it on my credit report, then renewed it again 2 years later. Avoid this company!

• Resolution statement

• TXU Energy Retail Company Customer Care's Response, Oct 03, 2011

I would like to see if I could help. Please email me at [protected]@txu.com so we can discuss.

Thanks
    Greg
    TXU Energy

Comments

• Ta
      Oct 11, 2011

Only $200? Lucky you, I get an added charge of $1029.25 noted average monthly bill balance from TXU. Not even an explanation for this charge. I assumed it's for cancellation because I recently switched over to Reliant upon realizing I was paying at least $100 more each month after talking with my neighbors. This isn't the first miscellaneous charge I've disputed. But I hope it's the last I have to deal with this company. Where are the regulators?!

Oct 01, 2015

I am going through a similar issue with TXU right now after being a customer with them for 15 years. TXU is a bunch of thugs and slugs. I will never sign up with them again. Went to Reliant, and now have energy bills about 60% of what TXU was charging. Avoid TXU, as they will not hesitate to stab you in the back. And where is my security deposit after all of these years? Part of the CEO's bonus plan perhaps?

• Ca
      Sep 13, 2019

I am also experiencing the same problem. I paid my final balance of $183.00 yesterday and today they are calling harassing me about a $450.77 charge still owed. The bill does not state what this is and the customer service reps I have dealt with so far are in, no way, customer service!!! This is very upsetting and has put a damper on my Friday evening with my family!!!

• Ca
      Sep 13, 2019

I like the resolution statement up at the top as well. This is ridiculous. They never try to reach you and if and when they do, they talk to you as if you are a criminal and you stole something. They are the only crooks I see here. Terrible company and will never use them again.