Turkish Airlines / delayed/ lost luggage

1 San Francisco, Turkey Review updated:

I am writing in regards to a recent flight we took on October 6, 2018 with Turkish Airlines (Flight TK 0079) in which our luggage did not accompany us on the plane. Once we arrived in San Francisco we had an attendant inform us that our luggage did not go onto the plane we arrived on and would be delayed until it was put on another flight the following day (a full 24 hours later). This was a tremendous inconvenience for several reasons.

We had no toiletries or clothes
My clientele appointment book for my business was inside my luggage
Phone was nearly dead after flying for 16 hours and was without charger
No car keys to drive home (4 hours away)
We were refused accommodations when asked

I would like to be compensated for the phone charger, cord I had to buy in order to arrange a tow truck to pick us up and tow us 214 miles home until our luggage was returned with all items inside. Total charges were $280.10 (see attached receipts)

Turkish Airlines
Turkish Airlines

Me
Oct 7, 2018

Comments

•   11th of Oct, 2018

I am writing to complaint about the inconvenience and additional unnecessary financial expenses I had to bear due to Turkish Airways’ inefficient handling and delaying of my baggage while travelling from Kathmandu to Houston via Istanbul on 9 th October 2018 by TK 0727 and TK 0033. It never arrived at Houston. If it couldn’t handle the luggage at such short connection, it shouldn’t have booked me in the first place. And when the airline already made the error of not putting it in the connecting flight, it must have sent it in the next immediate available one, which didn’t happen. It arrived only on the second day. Even after arriving to Houston the Turkish Airlines staff never handled the situation gravely. They delayed in handing over the luggage to United Airlines. Delivery was another issue. Nobody I talked to made sure or confirmed the time it was going to be delivered. I had to keep following up to get the update of the situation. While doing this, I had to use someone else’s phone and the balance for more than 6 times. I got so stressed, I had to buy medicines which were already in my delayed luggage. Due to jet lag I lost my orientation and balance and this stress resulted in me getting more sick. I had to buy makeup and stuffs for functions I was supposed to attend on 11 October and 12. I dint have clothes/ towels and toiletries. I haven’t been able to rest peacefully since I arrived on 9th Oct 10:45 pm. Please refund me for the unnecessary expenses and stress suffered.