Turkish Airlines / I had to pay for overweight

1 Switzerland

I flew from Zurich (ZRH) to Seoul Incheon (ICN), via Istanbul (IST). My complaint is about the CHF 300 for "excess baggage" I was asked to pay at the Zurich Airport. I disagree with this, since I was misled by the information I obtained from the homepage of Turkish Airlines.

The check-in personal and a representative of Turkish Airways argued that I had more than 20 kg of luggage. This is true. However, I had previously visited their homepage and concluded that my baggage allowance was 2 pieces, each of which not exceeding 23 kg. I came to this conclusion after having arrived at

through links on their homepage. The title of this website is "General Baggage Information", and item number 3 gives a table for the baggage allowance, stating the baggage allowance I mentioned above. (I flew in the economy class.)

Since this is an allowance I am used to, I did not doubt the information. Only now when revisiting the website I realized that after the title of item 3 there is some fine print saying "For U.S.A. and Canada". I find this webpage deceptive, since its title is "General Baggage Information". Consequently, all items refer to a general destination - except for item 3! Why does this item not contain the baggage allowances for other destinations?

Taking into account the time pressure before a flight, I imagine that other passengers are similarly misled. I also found the information about the baggage allowance difficult to find. (The obvious link "You and Your Baggage" on the webpage

does not help, for example.) Furthermore, I didn't receive any information about the baggage allowance by e-mail.

Fa