Turkish Airlines

Posted:

avoid turkish airlines at all costs

Turkish Airlines
I bought 2 tickets on 1 Sep 2009 from Johannesburg to Dushanbe on the Turkish Airlines (TA)website. The same day I heard from Tajikistan friends there were problems with our visa application. I went to the TA office in Johannesburg and cancelled the tickets. I was informed there that the penalty would be +- ZAR 1000, but that the refund could only be made by the internet sales department. I phoned the international call centre in Istanbul on 4 Sep at +- 12h00 and spoke to Fatih Colak who also confirmed that the penalty would be +- Euro 90 (approx ZAR 1000). After several emails and a visit to the Johannesburg office, I was eventually refunded my payment but less ZAR 2000. This penalty is double the amount I was quoted by two TA representatives. I have since been told that the penalty is per ticket. But when I look on the TA website nowhere does it state this. The fare notes only state ZAR 1000. If these are the terms and conditions of the sale it should be clear at the time of purchasing the ticket otherwise it constitutes misrepresentation. If TA can show me where it states that this is per ticket on their website I am happy to pay, otherwise they must refund me ZAR 1000.
Complaint comments Comments (3)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Airlines

Comments

N  6th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
I had a bad experience with Turkish Airlines too. In february 2010 my luggage - a Samsonite trolley - got completely damaged during a Turkish Airlines flight from Brussels to Cape Town. I filled in an official document, and after 2 weeks TA in Cape Town offered me a cheap trolley of a minor brand which I refused. No problem, the TA servant in Cape Town told me, and she contacted a colleague in Brussels. Back in Brussels I contacted TA: no answer. After many mails and telephones, it was a Turkish person working for a travelagent who advised me to contact his Turkish friend at the TA desk in Brussels personally, and I immediately got an answer: plz come to our office. But...there they proposed me to replace my Samsonite trolley by a huge ugly suitcase of a cheap Turkish brand. I told her I didn't want a huge ugly suitcase in stead of my nice little Samsonite trolley (handluggage!), and for sure not of this cheap brand. She told me she would contact the TA headquarters in Turkey. Every now and then I sent an email to ask if they were dealing my claim; but I never got a proper answer. To make a very long story short: untill now, this problem isn’t solved yet. This is of course, after almost 9 months, a real shame for this company Turkish Airlines that doesn't really respect its clients. My question to you: what do you advise me to do?
N  9th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
Turkish airlines in the ika-ist-YYZ ticket bought. When we make a flight is delayed 45 minutes Istanbul said. Meanwhile, Turkish Airlines at the airport had been helping me a hostess. This telephone survey with manic hostess gave each other. Then this lady called me and in Canada if I had sordu.Toronto flight. We ate, and later came to take her hotels of my travels came across this a few times we have together. 10.000.-usd wanted money from me. I gave. Then the phone could not reach. I wrote to customer service status of Turkish Airlines, but they gave me such an application if there answer. How will I receive my money back I am.
A  18th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
Hi please avoid travelling with turkish airlines as this is what happened to me my husband and my little boy 8 months old. We travelled on the 02/08/2015 the flight was supposed to be for 4 but we did 5:30 hrs, when we landed my baby's pushchair tyre couldn't be found till 1:10 am. And then we were advised to buy a new one for refund. Up to now there is no email reply from them. This is untrusted and a stressful airline company.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree