Turkish Airlines / avoid turkish airlines at all costs
I bought 2 tickets on 1 Sep 2009 from Johannesburg to Dushanbe on the Turkish Airlines (TA)website. The same day I heard from Tajikistan friends there were problems with our visa application. I went to the TA office in Johannesburg and cancelled the tickets. I was informed there that the penalty would be +- ZAR 1000, but that the refund could only be made by the internet sales department. I phoned the international call centre in Istanbul on 4 Sep at +- 12h00 and spoke to Fatih Colak who also confirmed that the penalty would be +- Euro 90 (approx ZAR 1000). After several emails and a visit to the Johannesburg office, I was eventually refunded my payment but less ZAR 2000. This penalty is double the amount I was quoted by two TA representatives. I have since been told that the penalty is per ticket. But when I look on the TA website nowhere does it state this. The fare notes only state ZAR 1000. If these are the terms and conditions of the sale it should be clear at the time of purchasing the ticket otherwise it constitutes misrepresentation. If TA can show me where it states that this is per ticket on their website I am happy to pay, otherwise they must refund me ZAR 1000.
More Turkish Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Turkish Airlines - compensation for lost baggage 
- Turkish Airlines - customer relations department 
- Turkish Airlines - missing luggage 
- Turkish Airlines - lost luggage 
- Turkish Airlines - baggage lost 
- Turkish Airlines - flight delayed
- Turkish Airlines - denied boarding, received only economy meals in business, bag delayed 5 days, turned in destroyed - compensation offered: $0
- Turkish Airlines - compensation
- Turkish Airlines - flight cancellation
- Turkish Airlines - ticket refund!!