Tristar Vacuum / fraud and misrepresentation

middleburgh heights, OH, United States Review updated:
I have my phone registered with the do not call registry. Despite this, I received a call from Nickie, at Tristar Industires. She said if
I sat through a 10 minture prespresentation, I wouild receive a 250 dollar gas card. This was a total lie. I received a card, that makes you jump through so many hoops, its worthless.
The guy came over and stayed well over an hour. I finally kicked him out. He was trying to sell me a 2600 dolllar vacuum. What a joke.
Ju

Comments

Me
  20th of Jan, 2009
Perhaps you should look up the definition of fraud before you complain about it. You did a survey that entitled the company to call you for follow up. Therefore, by doing the survey you gave consent to having your number released. So, nothing illegal there.

Next, the lady who spoke to you on the phone is required to follow a script. The script clearly indicates that a student will be asking for your opinion on the tristar when they drop off the free gift. No surprise there. If they didn't tell you that on the phone, students would be kicked out of houses every time they got there.

Next, the student did the demo for you and you recieved your free gift. Nobody forced you to buy anything, which you didn't.

So please, enlighten me: which part of obtaining your number legally, clearly indicating what will happen when you get your gift when you recieved the call, and reciving your free gift (which you agreed you did recieve) is misrepresentation or fraud?
An
  8th of Aug, 2009
I totally agree. What a scam!! I had the guy come to my house and try to sell me a vacuum . He was there for two hours and dropped his price from 3000 to 1500 in a matter or minutes, when I showed no interest.
He also promised me things such as I pod shuffle and digital cameras if I would buy this product.
So what is it really worth. $3000 or $1500 and some I pods and some cameras?
In the end I ended up with no vacuum or no FREE gift to this point. I sent my free gift (2 night accommodation) and it was the wrong address.
I have phoned the company 1-866-515-1818 several times but nobody knows the address where they work .LOL. I am still awaiting a phone call from a manager. Maybe he will give me a camera to make me happy or a free I pod instead of his address. LOL.
I intend to phone the Better Business Bureau to find out if this company is legit.
I promised my kids a 2 night stay in Collingwood, ON. I will make sure they get it.
I have OCD.!!!

Talk to you again tomorrow and the next day and the next day!!!
Thanks