Complaints & Reviews

Tristar Products, Inc. — Poor quality / bad business practices

Poor quality and overpriced. Does not perform as advertised on TV. This product has absolutely no support a...

Tristar VacuumsLies

I received phone call from a marketing company saying I filled out a survey and that I had a choice of 3 prizes to choose from. A 3 day 2 night stay at a hotel in Las Vegas/San Fransico...several location choices inside of thier network, a indoor smokeless grill, or $1, 000 to spend online. All I had to do to receive one of these gifts was to allow a vacuum cleaner company to ask me some questions for market research purposes, that I would not be pitched a sale. She said that they don't even sell these vacuums to the general public, they are just looking for feedback on the machine as part of thier market research. I said to myself, if I'm not obligated to buy anything, 30 minutes is a small price to pay for hotel accomodations. So I agreed and a person was scheduled to come the next day. They required that both me and my wife be present.

The gentlemen shows up. Very courteous and nice. He asked us Some questions about our shopping habits, What credit card services we prefer. The survey portion lasted about 10 minutes. He then began to show us the machine, talked about its build quality, how it is made in the US. He demonstrated how it cleans. We were very impressed by the machines ability to clean what we thought was our already clean furniture. He showed us several demonstrations but this lasted for almost 2 hours. Finally after he showed us everything, he asked us that money aside, would this be something we would be interested in purchasing. We said of course, it looks like a machine that can do its job. He then showed quoted us a price of close to $3, 000 for the machine and an air purifier, and a few payment options with added between $700 - $1, 200 in interest on top of the already high price. I did a quick googling online and found some complaints from people. Mainly complaining about the price. I told him we had no intentions of buying anything today, that we thought the visit was for our input. He started to become very pushy. Every time I told him no thanks, he would say but why? I don't understand why you don't want this machine that will clean your house. He was very persistant. He took another 20 minutes to pack up the mess he made in our living room and the whole time was trying to convince us. He ended up calling his HQ and made us an offer. He said we can have a demonstration model for $1, 500. That's a huge price reduction! That made us very suspicious. How can he just cut the price by $1, 500? I continued to decline and he then said I can have a brand new machine for $1, 000.00 for 1 year no interest! A brand new machine for $1, 000! This is crazy! I told him I will sleep on it, and that if it felt right in the morning. I would give him a call back. He swore I would pay full price and that this offer is only good this moment. I never believe those things. I said, I am sure if I call you in a few days, you will give me this price.

He finally gave up and left us a brochure to claim our hotel accommodations. I've been searching online and found a few people selling this machine for much less than $1, 000. Never make a purchase under pressure. My advice would be to sleep on it before committing to a major purchase. If it feels right a few days later, then go for it. I am glad I didn't fall to the pressure. I hope this review helps others before they make a major financial commitment with TriStar

Tristar Products — Won't let you cancel or adjust an order

I purchased the Joan River Great Hair Day powder and the color sent is way off what the customer service...

Tristar ProductsGenie bra

I received my order of genie bra's May14th. I am so disapointed in this producy. As stated in many complaints the bra's are nothing like advertised. I am a DD and their was no support at all. The material is very light weight. I could go without a bra and look the same with or without the bra on. They mention about putting a pad in the bra. How can the company get away with this false advertising. Some one needs to close them down. I'am going to try and get a refund, but I didn't even get a copy of the order in my package. Just more advertisements as to how great their bra's are.
    What a rip off. A VERY DISGUESTED CUSTOMER.

• Jw
        Jweiss Jun 09, 2011

the Genie bras just came and they send me padded when I asked for non-padded and the size looks awfully small compared to what they said it would do and who it would fit!

Tristar VacuumIllegal sales practices

Like many of the others here, I also received a knock at the door by a young man holding detergent. I'd never had a product demonstrated to me before and was actually looking to upgrade my vacuum, so I allowed him in. Big Mistake. Within minutes, he had another man in the house with me and was pitching his vacuum cleaner quite hard. Telling me that the other gentleman was his brother and this was his first sale, and he might lose his job if he didn't sell anything...though the two men looked nothing alike. Pulled out family pictures for me to see, and would NOT take no for an answer. When I told him that I wanted to confere with my father first, he asked me if I needed daddy to make all my decisions for me and became more and more agressive. I ended up buying a 2, 000 dollar vacuum b/c I honestly did not feel safe turning him down as i live alone and he was deliberately using his body posturing and voice to intimidate me. While going over the 30 day "money back" information, he skimmed over most parts and told me that only little old ladies or mentally incompetent people used that clause because most intelligent people knew what they were doing. I just nodded along, signed on the dotted line, and immediately after they left, called the home office and told them I did not want the unit and that they were to come back and get it. This time I made sure they did not step foot in my house. They were extremely mad when they returned and tried to re-enter my house but this time I stepped outside on the porch with them and made sure my neighbors were in the yard without viewing and shouting distance. When they saw that I would not capitulate, they actually started yelling at me, and then threw my old vacuum (that they had taken with them at point of sale) off the back of their truck and onto the ground like a lump of garbage. He started in on the whole "you're going to get my brother fired" crap again even though I specifically found out from the main office that they were NOT related. After they left, I contacted the BBB and the Attorney General's Office for my state and while on that website, I read about illegal sales tactics of door-t0-door salesmen and what customers can do to protect themselves. Every single red flag listed was part of their sales pitch. I read both the site and their paperwork, found the necessary documents, sent my refusal of services notice by registered mail with signature confirmation, and have NEVER opened my door for another salesman again.

Tristar Products — Bad service

The product is shipped with no sales packing slip included. I am dissatisfied with the product and wish to...

Tristar ProductsFraudulent warranty

Bought a Montel Williams Healthmaster blender June 2009. Paid extra to get heavy duty motor. It worked until October and then the engine stopped. The reset key did not work.

I was told I would get a replacement due to lifetime warranty. almost 6 months later still waiting to get a response. When I call them I get "transfered" to someone, I then get "cut off"! 8 times this has happened.

I have received two cards in snail mail from Tristar saying that there is a delay. REALLY?

Be warned! Don't purchase anything from these people and don't purchase this product. it is NOT worth the money.

Tristar — Poor quality

Purchased both the tristar pump 12 ga. shotgun and the camo 20 ga. semi. Both guns held up for a while then...

TristarSales men

Last night we received a phone call about getting a free vacation package if this guy could come out and show us this vacuum. We said no but the lady on the phone said that we were not obligated to buy anything. We were told that it would take only 45 min but it actually took 2 hrs. When he got to our house he was very nice but at the end when we told him that we could not justify spending $3550 on a vaccuum he started to get smart and very rude. He proceeded to tell us that our house is filthy and he almost wouldn't leave. Him and my boyfriend proceeded to argue on the subject for 30min while he continued to put us down. He also said that simple minded people are the only people who cant justify spending that money and instead living in filth. He got a huge attitude and also made sexual comments althrough his presentation, which I beleive to be incredibly unprofessional. We liked what it did but in this economy we are not going to spend that kind of money on a vaccuum. We asked him for his card that way when we were ready to buy one we could call him. He proceeded to tell us that we had to buy one tonight or else could not get one and that he did not a a business card. What kind of "Proffessional Company"(LOL) doesn't give their potential buyers a business card. This business is ridiculous and after reading everybody elses complaints I am so glad that we did not go ahead and purchase one.

09/24/2009

Tristar Vaccum — The truth about tristar

Tristar Vacuums, Calgary AB Tristar Vacums Star Industries Calgary, Alberta Truth About Tristar Thi...

Calgary

Tristar Products Inc.Fooled by fools

I ordered the Air Climber from Tristar Products Inc. which is based in Fairfield, NJ. I know this because I had done a research on the company. But the mistake I made was that I did all this after I was fooled by them. Their product the Air Climber is a total waste of money. It gets you nothing. I ordered it, paid for it through my credit card and was charged the very same day. Well they did not deliver the product on time though. They are punctual when they have to take money but when they have to deliver service it s horrible. This product of there is worthless. I tried it for around 3 months and have not seen any changes. Not even a slight change in my weight, it is totally useless. They advertise it very well but I should have understood that they are good at false advertising. I don't understand how I could believe in these crooks. Their product is nothing but a joke. They talk about so many things about results you will get after using the "Air Climber". Well, I saw none of those. Don't get fooled by these fools!

Tristar Vacuum — Customer service and scam

I'm sorry for the length of this, but I've been searching all afternoon for contact information for...

Belleville

Tristar Vacuum — Tristar vacuum? What a joke!

Tristar? What a joke. One evening my aunt and I were sitting at home, when there was a knock at the door. It...

Tristar ProductsUnauthorized charges

Beware of Jack LaLannes Power Juicer scam on TV by Tristar Products Inc as they will scam you as they did me. They show and price a Classic Model PJ at a price of two easy payments of $49.90 each and an exorbitant S&H of $44.96. When the package arrives you discover that they have invoiced a Deluxe PJ and billed your credit card in the amount of $105.85 with a balance due of $59.95 as the 2nd payment. This amounts to hidden extortion. ($49.90 + $44.96 does not equal $105.85. They say that 'Deluxe' doesn't mean the Deluxe PJ when they ship out a Classic PJ model. If you pay the balance due and complain you can send it back for the same S&H. That amounts to being overcharged $18.99 plus 2-1/2 times the normal UPS charge for shipping. There are several other sites that only charge $14.95 for shipping. I've learned my lesson and will teach others to never buy anything from a TV Infomercial, especially Tristar Products Inc. My brother is a ghost writer for a popular magazine and he will help me spread the word. Always check the Internet before buying anything lest you get ripped off like I did!

• Valerie Oct 09, 2008

The title is true on two counts. I ordered the flat iron because the infomercial indicated that you would not burn your head or ears because the edges remained cool to touch... Not... then the handle became extremely hot - too hot to keep holding on to so I decided to send it back. Well that was back on 7/23/08. After speaking to a representative and waiting a long time for a return label I have still not received my refund of $139.97 less S&H. I have called the company on several occasions and they assure me that my refund will be credited to my card. So far nothing.

One month has passed since my last phone call with a representative who indicated that a refund was on its way. When I called today the recording said that the offices are closed and are opened only from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday - Friday. Well its 2 p.m. on Thursday and no answer. I think I have been had. I will wait about two more weeks or until my next statement... then I'll probably report this to the Better Business Bureau.

• Oh
                  ohlala May 20, 2009

people need to pay attention to what they are ordering READ BETWEEN THE LINES PEOPLE

• Wa
                  WalB77 Nov 02, 2009

They owed me $150 because i order two power juicers didn't get it they owed me a refund amount 0f 150 They giving me a hard time.

• Ly
                  lyott Oct 14, 2010

Four times I have called to cancel my order - Each time promised cancellation was processed and refund would be given. Each time was a lie. In order to stop these people I had to cancel my credit card.

jo1964 May 19, 2011

I ordered Genie bras on March 22 and received them about May 13. They said it would be about 4 to 6 weeks. It was over 7 weeks.
                  I put on one of the Genie bras and wore it for a full day. By the end of the day my breasts hurt!!! I felt like someone had been hanging on them all day. There is ***NO*** SUPPORT whatsoever. I am returning them, but I see no return label in the bag they came in. There was not even a receipt in there.

• Sp
                  spackcricket87 Jul 24, 2012

What you'll need to do, is find the phone number for both Value Plus and Taste For Savings (each has their own phone number, you can find them online) and call up both companies, demand that you cancel and make sure to threaten legal action or the attorney general if they don't - if you do this they'll refund all your money.

Tristar Vacuum — Predatory sales practice

Predatory sales person coerced my elderly mother (78 yrs old) into purchasing this over priced monstrosity...

TristarBogus company

I operate a business next to my house. One day a few weeks ago a guy came by and said he was thinking of doing business in the area, he sold air purifiers, wanted to meet some people, see if his product would do well here. (I'm already skeptical). He hands me a raffle card to fill out for $500 free gas as the grand prize. I did. He asked me a little about my business and left.
                One week later I received a phone call from this company telling me I had won a drawing and I could choose between two prizes, a cutlery set or a free trip. (more skeptical) Figuring the trip was bogus I picked the free cutlery just to see what would happen. They asked if I would be home tomorrow and I said yes, I'd be working next door, they asked if I would participate in a survey about their product, I said sure. No one came.
                Three days later I received a call to 'follow-up' on the survey and they were shocked that no one came out. They showed up two days later to deliver my free trip brochure. I told them that I asked for the cutlery and nothing was said. They asked when my husband would be home to participate in the survey. I told them not until later that evening but he would not participate anyway, if they had something to demonstrate, do it now. They would not demonstrate the vacuum-air purifier in my business, had to be my home. They came back at 6:00 that night and handed me a free vacation brochure (still no knives) and carried in a huge box and started assembling the vacuum cleaner. I told them I was not going to buy one but it didn't matter. I told them I chose the cutlery and it was never discussed again.
                During the demonstration, which lasted 1 1-2 hours, he asked me how much I thought it cost and if I came within 50$ of the price I would win another prize. I guessed 1700$ and he marveled at my guess and said it was 1679$. I never saw my free gift. He explained to me how the price started at 2500$ and the sale price brought it down to under 1700$, if I bought it today he would knock off another 400$ and wrote down several easy payments for me to choose from. I declined all of them. Then he has the nerve to ask me WHY I wouldn't buy one, was business not going well, was my husband working, etc. Rude. I told him that I could not justify buying a vacuum cleaner for that amount of money.
                I found out later that the 'free' trip was also a scam and I would have to listen to another sales pitch once I got there and had to put up 50$ of my own money first.
                There were two people in the car they drove, one person came in and the other left. He had to use my cellphone to call his 'ride' to pick him up and we waited another 20 minutes after the sales pitch for him-her to arrive.
                I am hoping that someone from the company calls to follow up on their visit to see if I changed my mind about buying the vacuum so I can tell them all this. The cutlery set is just a lie I guess, they figure who in their right mind would choose knives over a free three day vacation. It was 1 1-2 hour of my life that I will never get back. Bogus, bogus, bogus.

Tristar — Poor service and parts

I wish to registar a complaint against Tristar. when we purchased our $1800 vacuum we were sold on service...

Tristar VacuumFraud and misrepresentation

I have my phone registered with the do not call registry. Despite this, I received a call from Nickie, at Tristar Industires. She said if
                  I sat through a 10 minture prespresentation, I wouild receive a 250 dollar gas card. This was a total lie. I received a card, that makes you jump through so many hoops, its worthless.
                  The guy came over and stayed well over an hour. I finally kicked him out. He was trying to sell me a 2600 dolllar vacuum. What a joke.

• Me
                      Melissa Jan 20, 2009

Perhaps you should look up the definition of fraud before you complain about it. You did a survey that entitled the company to call you for follow up. Therefore, by doing the survey you gave consent to having your number released. So, nothing illegal there.

Next, the lady who spoke to you on the phone is required to follow a script. The script clearly indicates that a student will be asking for your opinion on the tristar when they drop off the free gift. No surprise there. If they didn't tell you that on the phone, students would be kicked out of houses every time they got there.

Next, the student did the demo for you and you recieved your free gift. Nobody forced you to buy anything, which you didn't.

So please, enlighten me: which part of obtaining your number legally, clearly indicating what will happen when you get your gift when you recieved the call, and reciving your free gift (which you agreed you did recieve) is misrepresentation or fraud?

Angie Caird Aug 08, 2009

I totally agree. What a scam!! I had the guy come to my house and try to sell me a vacuum . He was there for two hours and dropped his price from 3000 to 1500 in a matter or minutes, when I showed no interest.
                      He also promised me things such as I pod shuffle and digital cameras if I would buy this product.
                      So what is it really worth. $3000 or $1500 and some I pods and some cameras?
                      In the end I ended up with no vacuum or no FREE gift to this point. I sent my free gift (2 night accommodation) and it was the wrong address.
                      I have phoned the company [protected] several times but nobody knows the address where they work .LOL. I am still awaiting a phone call from a manager. Maybe he will give me a camera to make me happy or a free I pod instead of his address. LOL.
                      I intend to phone the Better Business Bureau to find out if this company is legit.
                      I promised my kids a 2 night stay in Collingwood, ON. I will make sure they get it.
                      I have OCD.!!!

Talk to you again tomorrow and the next day and the next day!!!
                      Thanks
                      You will know who?

Tristar EnterprisesTired of it

I just read all of these complaints and I did get a good laugh...The word vacuum is spelled with one c and two u's whoever posted the word spelling it "vaccum and vacccum". If you don't want to purchase the unit or sit through a demonstration, don't invite them in. I'm sure they don't twist your arm to make you let them in. The distributors are independent, so they do business how they please. They do not work for TriStar Enterprises.. They take the TriStar product and sell it. I mean if you purchased a Sony tv from Wal-Mart, you wouldn't call and complain to Sony (the manufacturer) about how the sell went or how the person who sold you the tv treated you, or if you wanted to return the tv, you wouldn't call Sony.. You would call Wal-Mart. Also if you do purchase a unit, don't call a year later wanting to return it because you can't pay the bill. You have a 3 day period provided by the government to return the product (in most states). Not all of the distributors are as bad as you think they are. There are some good distributors out there who run there business honestly. And the TriStar unit is a good product!!!

• Ro
                        Robert Elbert Jun 05, 2014

He is right on a 100% . I have never heard of TriStar until a week back when I young man stop by and ask if he could show me a vacuum cleaner and if I set through his sales pitch then he would vacuum and shampoo my carpet ... so I said ok . And after it was all done I was so impress by his vacuum cleaner and how much more it pickup right after I vacuum with my vacuum and I just put a new filter bag in my vacuum cleaner and my vacuum was a $500.00 unit when I got it new a few years back that I bought the one that he unpack in my front room . The days of the door to door salesman is not quite done yet when it comes down to super high quality products with a super warranty and over 50 years of backing !

Tristar Air Purifier — Entering your home under false pretenses

In the last couple of months, yesterday august 5, 2008 being the latest, so called "salesmen" come to your...