TracFone / rip off

I called to reactivate my phone and was told it is no longer usable in my area. They would send me a new phone and what comes in the mail the cheapest model they can send you and it is a reconditioned used model. When I called to complain they told me that my phone I paid 30-40 dollars for is now only worth 14 what a RIP OFF. I was told this is the phone I get and sorry about your luck basically. I will not use them again. I want everyone to know what a rip-off they are find a new company to use.

Va

Comments

• Pe
      1st of Oct, 2008

Here are the people I called, please print them to help other readers:

F.J. Pollak-President

Vice-President's name is Stephan Ritter

Tacfone's Corporate Offices:
    1020 NW 163rd Dr.
    Miami, FL 33169

Head of the refund department:
    Monica
    800-339-9345 ext 3214
    or ext 6673

• Vs
      28th of Apr, 2009

At Tracfone.com, I puchased (3 times) 120 minutes of airtime with an additional 30 free minutes. They billed my credit card 3 x 29.99 . I then did the code entry thing, only to get three invalid codes. I called tech support, got an agent that I could not understand, and was told I would get more airtime. I got no additional airtime. I called the credit dept. at tracfone to get a refund, and I was told that there is no refund because, According to the rep, I was given the airtime, and have since used it up. My call log sure doesn't indicate this, and I got boned $90.00 for 120 minutes of airtime. I didn't even get any of the promos. What a rip off...

• Tr
      9th of Feb, 2010

I had a problem with an LG200C that the screen went
    haywire within three months. This phone had a double minute feature
    for life card already installed on it. It was a part of the purchase
    price. Tracfone decided to replace it under warranty. They sent me
    another LG200C and I sent them the old one back as per their
    instructions. My remaining minutes were transferred (after two extra
    calls to customer service), but when I went to add a new card, I found
    out that they removed the double minute feature. I called again to
    inquire as why the feature wasn't transferred, they said I never had
    it to begin with. I told them that the original phone did have that
    feature as I watched the minutes double several times. It was the only
    reason I bought that phone. They continued to tell me that I didn't
    know what I was talking about. They could tell by the serial number
    that the replacement phone was not a double minute phone, but how
    convenient for them that they couldn't tell that about the original
    phone by it's serial number. Lying ###. This is a well
    established scam by Tracfone. My minutes ran out and I will never buy
    another product from this contemptible company nor will I ever
    recommend them to anyone

• Rs
      8th of Dec, 2010

I have a family plain with tracfone, 3 phones they automatically add min, each month. my phones all worked fine. one did't automatically get my min. for the month so I call tracfone to have them added . they told me what # to punch into phone . It worked great before they had me put the numbers in my phone. after putting in the numbers my phone would no longer work . It would not even turn on . after they had me try a few things and it would turn on they said I would have to buy a new phone . it worked great before they had me punch in there numbers. it was there numbers that disabled my phone and would not replace it.