TracFone / customer service / airtime!

United States Review updated:
1. In Nov. 2006 we were told we had to get a different phone. We purchased the phone & airtime through customer service after not being able to purchase on line. The phone is not "new", but works. After spending a hour on the phone she finally understood what we wanted. We didn't get the promotion they stated. And, our "year expired" on the 15th of Nov so should have been 15 of Nov of next year, but when it came up on the phone it was the 9th ok. Now we're renewing again...We lost another day because we renewed on the 8th instead of 9th, plus when we went to use the Wagner class action pin number on line, we couldn't do it.

Talking with customer service the next day was a disaster. When we started with them in 2001? We were pleased. Not any more.

Comments

Ja
  6th of Dec, 2007
Through Tracfone I bought a Nokia Md#1100 phone in 2004. Service was great other than the fact that it boiled down to an expensive .50 cents a minute. For the last several months I have not been able to add airtime directly into the phone. I would have to call the service reps and go through the multiple code entries to get the airtime added. Each time they would tell me the phone had to be "Reprogrammed". And when I got low on airtime and tried to add directly through the phone the same issue came up each time. I became so frustrated I emailed several complaints. Each time I was issued a case number and each time this issue was never resolved. The last email I sent I told them I wanted to speak to a bonified person about this, not a form mail. I never got a response from them and I ended up going with "iwirelesshome" a division of T-Mobile. It is digital service and not analog like Tracfone. There is a special offered at the Kroger grocery stores here in Memphis. You buy the phone with a 500 minute card inside the box. They give you aa very nice LG color screen phone with voice dial feature and you are actually buying the 500 minute card and getting the phone for free. Service and coverage is pretty good and only .10 cents a minute all day until April 1st 2008. After that it goes to .25 cents a minute between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM and .10 cents a minute all other time. Still less costly than Tracfone and a nicer phone to top it all off. I wish someone would sue the pants off Tracfone and put them out of business for good.

TracFone Wireless Logo TracFone Wireless