ToySRus / Fisher Price / defective products!

I bought a fisher price high chair for my grandson at Toys Rus. Took it home and tried to assemble it, went to the store took pictures of theirs and returned home again to try to assemble it. it would not stay upright. Sooo, I'm not putting my grandson in it. returned to the store to give it back and get my money back. Their policy is "once the box is open, all we can do is give your store credit". Just how the hell would i have known the chair was defective if i did not open the box? once i use my credit voucher that will the once and last time in shop at ToysR us. I should have been given my money back and they would not have lost a customer in me and in as many friends as i can tell.

N  21st of Jan, 2008 by
.The return policy at TOYSRUS is the worst of any store I have ever done business with. My son received a Christmas present from a family member that lives out of town. My son had a similar toy, so I explained that we would return it for something else. We don’t live near a store so we made the 30 mile trip to the nearest store, only to be told that if he didn’t have the receipt he couldn’t exchange it. I explained that he didn’t want the money he just wanted to be able to change it for something that he could enjoy. I even offered to buy something of equal or more money. I’m sure the clerk was just following a poor policy; however, she could have at least acted like she wanted to help us. I don’t shop often at Toyrus, However, I can assure you that I will never, nor will anyone in my family ever shop there again. I expect that they are having financial trouble or they would not have such an unpopular return policy.
A  4th of Jan, 2009 by
I completely agree with the comments that have been made regarding ToysRUs. A family member of mine purchased two (2) PSP's and one (1) girls piano. When he dropped the gifts off the piano, which including batteries we found, didnt work. I then made another trip to purchase more batteries, which by that time my family member was clear across town. Brought the batteries home to find it didnt work still. When I intially brought the merchandise back to the store I placed the item at the customer service station, once they found out I had a return, and the cashier instructed me to go get another one. I went back there to find none of them work. When I went back to the service station and informed the cashier of this she says "They probably just need new batteries". All of them. I wasnt taking any chances. I told her I just wanted my money back being that the item is defective, and when I heard that famous phrase "NO EXHANGES OR RETURNS W/OUT A RECEIPT" I was livid. So not only was I going to be stuck with a defective toy that doesnt work, I couldn't even get an exchange on a defective product so I would lose $50 dollars. Selling defective items and a bad return policy is bad business and I am taking mine elsewhere.

Toys Toys "R" Us