ToysRUs / stay away

I ordered a Fisher Price Smart Cycle for my 4 yr old grandson from Toys R Us on Dec, 2 2007 and received a Fisher Price House Learning Home for a 1 yr old child on December 10, 2007. I called ToysRus and they admitted sending the wrong order but I was told I had to return the item and I would be charged the cost on my credit card until the merchandise received had been returned. I was also told the item originally ordered would be an additional charge to my credit card in the same amount and the item would not be guaranteed for Christmas delivery. I told the "extremely" rude customer rep that those terms were not acceptable to me and requested to speak to her supervisor, I was hung up on. I cannot afford to add an additional $120 to my credit card without an immediate refund from this company. I requested they deliver the correct item and pick up the one they sent in error but that request was refused.

I hope something can be done about this and I am stunned that a company like Toys R Us can adhere to such a shameful customer service policy. After all, the mistake was theirs and I have email documents to confirm my order.

Think twice before you use this company.

Comments

• Am
      Nov 22, 2010

Obviously too late for this consumer, but if anyone else has a similar issue arise, just file a dispute directly with your credit card company. Most of the large CC companies are VERY good at getting action from bad retailers. I had a retailer trying to rip me off, one call from the credit card company to the retailer, and they realized/agreed that the customer service guy was being a complete jerk, and refunded me immediately. Said I didn't even have to return the item because I had tried in good faith to get the retailer's error resolved, and the retailer had refused and said I was stuck with the (error) item. I got my money back (via the credit card dispute process) and was able to buy the right item from another retailer!

Nov 30, 2010

yeah so I'm writing again to wanr anyone away from buying anything from Fisher Price that place is such a goddam ripoff. I bought my kid a pirate ship that [censor]ing broke before I could put it together and they blamed me for braking it. So I called and called them and wrote in everywhere I [censor]ing could and what do you know? They decide to send me another piece of [censor] ship that misisng the mast piece that broke on the first one? Son of a [censor], I am not [censor]ing kidding you. I am so pissed. its such a piece of [censor] company and the [censor]ing stores that sell them do not deal with them they are just [censor]ing with you.