Toys r us / policy

1 WilkesBarre, PA, United States Review updated:

My husband and I were looking through the Toys R Us flyer a few weeks ago, to begin Christmas shopping for our grandson. I was pleased to see an ad offering 20% off to grandparents. Too bad I did not read the fine print. We drove down to the store to start shopping and to find out how to get our discount, only to find out that we were TOO YOUNG! That's right. The fine print said that you must be a grand parent, at least 50 years old to claim the discount. My husband and I are young grandparents. We met in high school and married young, and our daughter had her son when she was only 21 years old. We love being grandpareents and spoil our Daniel to no end. However, since I am only 43 and hubby is only 45, we are not allowed to claim the grandparents discount! I think that is a form of discrimination, and Toys R Us will not be receiving our holiday dollars this year!

Comments

Li
  5th of Aug, 2009

It's kind of like a senior's discount. You gotta really watch the fine print because they love to stick little tidbits of information in there!