Toys r us / gift delivered to recipient that didn't include senders name

I received a link to a friend’s baby registry for BabiesRUs and decided to order a $100 gift card to be delivered to her electronically (via email) on 3/26/15. I typed in a nice message, reviewed the preview they presented of the note that would be attached and submitted my order. Shortly afterwards, I received two email confirmations from ToysRUs. One message outlined the message the recipient would receive. This is what it said “Dear, Hooray! has given you an eGift Card from ToysRUs and BabiesRUs.”
I thought it was strange that the recipient’s name, my name and my thoughtful message didn’t appear. I waited a few days and reached out to my friend to see if she’d received it. She said she did but was glad I reached out because the email she received didn’t say who the gift card was from.

I called ToysRUs customer service. After dialing the 800 number I wasn’t able to select 1 from the automated menu “press 1 for existing orders”. Their automated system wouldn’t recognize any command and the system finally routed me to an agent. I explained what happened and the customer service agent said they couldn’t do anything about the problem. The customer service rep could see the message didn’t include the “to” and “from” details and could see their error. They offered to report it to their IT department but they said they couldn’t resend a corrected message.

What if I hadn’t contacted my friend to make sure she had received it? I asked to speak to the customer service rep’s manager since I didn’t feel her answer of “we can not do anything for you” was sufficient. After 12 minutes on hold, I was connected with a manager who thankfully spoke perfect English this time. The manager also said they couldn’t resend the same email but with the “to” and “from” filled in. The manager actually said this isn’t “a major issue” for them since it doesn’t happen very often. They know about it already and don’t think it is a problem?! Not acceptable!

So if you send a BabiesRUs or ToysRUs gift to someone and they don’t acknowledge your gift, maybe the Company didn’t tell them who the gift was from! Next time I’m going to write a check or send an Amazon.com gift card. At least Amazon gets it right. I’m never shopping at ToyRUs or BabiesRUs again.

Li
Apr 06, 2015

Comments

• A
      Oct 13, 2008
    Toys R Us - Decline to sell me a product
    Toys r us
    12901 Hwy 35 Bldg B Austin TX 78753
    Austin
    Texas
    Phone: [protected]

I went to buy a product from Toys r us and then when the manager came to pull stuff from back he told me that he can not sell the product to us.

The reason he said was "As a buisness manager I have rights to decline service to anyone and I am declining service to you".

• Bi
      Dec 28, 2008

too funny... that is true as a store manager we have the right to decline any sale of a product..

• Di
      Jul 21, 2009
    Toys R Us - bike
    toys r us
    bay pkway
    Brooklyn
    New York

i brought a bike for my son birthday june 3 two weeks it fell apart its been almost a month and the bike is not ready it s not right by the time we get it back summer would b over no one has answers i get the run around please help i am also complainning to help me howard toys r us at bay parkway ceasaer bay 11224

•   Aug 30, 2009

You'd think you would have asked for a refund at this point. If they keep giving you the runaround it because they rgd the bike and no longer have it. Get your original sales receipt together or at least a copy and demand to talk to the manager. Tell them you want eith a new bike in the box with the diference for the assembly on a gift card or you just want your money back now, and go else where. Trust me, that origianal bike isnt in the store anymore by now. Plus, bikes are actually really easy to put together. They actually will give you the necsary items to put them together. It's not hard, why else would they have their employees doing it.

• Id
      Dec 10, 2010
    Toys R Us - online order
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    Canada

Ordered all my christmas presents for my son
    All items were available when I placed my order weeks ago
    Now they have cancelled items from my order saying they are no longer in stock and have charged me for shipping as well as the item
    This is not the first time they have scamed me out of the shipping but it is the LAST

• To
    Toys R Us - Bosses
    105 mill road
    Staten Island
    New York

i Worked Over time. And when i was asked to stay later, i stood. i did re-shop all the time. Never had my cellphone out while i was working when other people did. if there camera's really worked theyd see who was working and who really wasn't who was walking out of the store when the lines on the register was empty to have a smoke.. They kept the wrong people and laid off the right.. Fix your dayum camera's and open your eyes.

Jan 01, 2011

So im guessing you were laid off and now your pissed and complaining about it huh?

Jan 01, 2011

Toysruskid IS SO RIGHT!!! I HAD NPS STORES DO THE SAME THING TO ME!!! BOSSES ARE IDDIOTTS!!! They don't know a good employee when they see one and completely miss the slackers!!! Our job was to collect product left laying around and put them back on their shelves. My co-worker walked right past the products on the shelf, without placing the product in her cart where it went. I asked her why and she said, "it's not my isle." She took that item back to the front of the store and put it in the sorting boxes so someone else could go back to that isle and put it away. But she still had a job when I left. A lot of the co-workers had that attitude. I actually did a LOT MORE, but NPS didn't bother to look at results. All they see is if they can see you regularly appear to be working. That girl appeared to be working when she put things in boxes that she could've put back on the isles. But I was out of sight really working and getting more done. SO NPS accused me of disappearing for long periods because they knew I needed to put medicine on in the bathroom at times to work 8hrs on my feet. If you work retail, you're better off going the lazy route!!! Be seen regularly looking like you are working, because they won't bother to leave the customer service desk, check cameras, ask stationairy co-workers what they see you doing, or look at any results of your work. I guess NPS thought the store was cleaning itself when I was the only one working- while I supposably disappeared. My co-workers also got away with reading books, talking on cells in the bathroom when they were supposed to stay in lockers, but I WAS ACCUSED of stealing company time for medicine.

BE SMART. BE LAZY. RETAIL BOSSES ARE IDDIOTTS THAT DON'T APPRECIATE REAL WORK!!! JUST BE IN SIGHT LOOKING BUSY TO KEEP YOUR JOB. SAD BUT TRUE!!!

Jan 02, 2011

Nice Try. But I'm not even the type you think. I'm anything but a back talker. On the contrary I'm probably too docile and submissive. I don't even speak my mind when I know I'm being screwed, except at home with my friends.
    I don't really spell out the facts till I'm writing them in an unemployment form or signing my dimissal papers. Maybe thats why I get walked on. I definately don't look for confrontation and take a diplomatic approach to everything. Makes me great at customer service, but a lot of employers prefer dictatorship to diplomacy. It doesn't matter what's fair to them. They just want to see everyone moving. And they don't want to think you stopped for a second, even if you had a good reason. The insane thing I don't get is how my supervisor could tell someone else who reported a coworker reading on the job; giving the supervisor a chance to catch her--that they should be concerned with themselves and not look into it. Yet that same supervisor told me that my coworkers trash talked me, and that was reason she was on me. There was a lot of double standard going on and I wasn't the only one to notice it. I already mentioned the medicine and there were a few things I couldn't do as well as the men half my age working only 4hrs to my 8. Not really part of the job, but that didn't keep them from adding it on. They were probably looking for an excuse. They probably figured they'd rather keep the ones who didn't need medicine and men who could lift heavy things and push several heavy carts up steep inclines, and climb up high ladders. Plus they never replaced me and downsized a ton of staff even after I left. There's your other reason. Do you think it's better and they were justified? And as for goals, I was putting away not only my isles, but other people stuff since I didn't take it to the sorting boxes and I was catching spills before they were even reported over the loud speaker. But I wasn't in sight doing those things. See what I mean?

Jan 03, 2011

So in other words... Youll talk trash behind someone's back when they cant defend themselves or put in their imput in but not to thier face or make a formal complaint to people higher up to resolve the problem.

Jan 03, 2011

No my coworkers trash talked me apparently. I don't know who or what they said exactly. But there may've been some pots calling me black to the boss, where I couldn't defend myself. making a formal complaint just means ratting people out behind their back. I don't try to make trouble. I resolved little things before. Besides I know the response I would've got, if I went to the employer. the same as the other person who reported the reader who was supposed to be helping me when we were the only two on shift.
    If you want to call it trash talk, the only complaining I did was in how tired I was at the end of the day because I was called for every spill besides the ones I found. And others observed that it always seemed to be my name beckoned on the speakers even when others were on shift and many times not busy when I was. So what was I supposed to do complain to my boss, I think you are being unfair never calling anyone else. why don't you send so and so? They already had the attitude of going to all employees greeting with, "are you working?" and "pick up the pace" and "show me you really want this job." In my state it's AT WILL EMPLOYMENT so they don't need much or any reason; nothing is really regulated. But you're either going to believe me or you don't. It doesn't matter what I say. And if you don't believe me, it must be that you have or had a lot better bosses than I've had. LUCKY YOU. If you have a better boss be sure and thank GOD right now!!! and if you ever think about leaving that job, think again. Because not every boss is that good. A lot of them want to get as much as they can out of one low payed person that they'll exploit you any way they can to increase their profit. Or maybe you don't believe me because you are a boss and don't do that. Hooray if that's true. Tell me where to apply cuz I'd never leave and I'd bend over backwards cuz I know the other half. I'm not saying all bosses are bad. They just seem to be few and far between and maybe have the higher requirements like degrees and things I don't qualify for.
    It even backfired on my one boss that helped let me go. Her bosses higher up increased doubling her responsibilities to do the job of supervisors. So she left too.

Jan 03, 2011

typo- the job of two supervisors. So she left too.

Jan 03, 2011

Sounds alot like you simply enjoy being the whipping post and enjoy having something to complain about. You dont want to stand up for yourself or to scared to or look for another job but even in "at will" states have the EEOC, Department of Workforce, or a Government Assistance program for any abused or mistreated employee. Either stand up for yourself or you lose the right to complain.

Jan 20, 2011

You think I didn't look for another job? I'm still looking for another job. In fact that last employer mentioned they heard I was looking, so that probably was another reason they dropped me. And I told the whole story to Unemployment, but nobody has told me who to talk to to stand up for mysel[censored] Do you have any info? Do you have money to pay for a Lawyer, cuz they won't work for free even if you are being mistreated!!! Only criminals get free lawyers off our tax dollars!!! The most I've ever got offered was talking to legal students and it never went anywhere. The only cases Lawyers take on contingency is accidents. I'd love to stand up for myself, but standing up to the employer at the work place would've just been getting fired sooner or quitting. And it wouldn't help. So what do you suggest? Since you think you have all the answers.

Jan 20, 2011

Boy it looks like nobody thinks a boss can be wrong. I really seem to be on the unpopular side. What happened to Toysruskid? I know I'm not the only one whose gotten the poor end. But I seem to be the only one speaking and getting negative votes. Shannon says I should stand up for myself. This has been my way of doing it, but I'm getting nothing but negative feedback. Since you all think I'm doing everything wrong, tell me what would you do in my place? If you got the Holy grail what is it? I hear a lot of knocks but no answers.

Jan 20, 2011

I didnt say a boss cant be wrong but the fact is you have one of two choices .. point it out to someone higher than your boss and have proof to back it up or move on . complaining about it online doesnt help. I have offered suggestions... EEOC, Department of Workforce, or a Government Assistance programs for both your complaint and a new job. Perhaps you are simply not where you need to be since you see so many things wrong and need to step out in faith and do something different. I cant change your situation for you but I feel your pain. Ive been in your shoes and it is not easy to be the "good worker bee" while those around you do nothing and get the praise. Best you can do is accept you arent going to get that praise and move on to something that will make you happy.

Jan 21, 2011

Thank you Shannon. Finally we're on the same page. You know my employers will say one thing and without proof I got nothing. You're right. they steal and swindle credit they aren't due.
    As for workforce services they haven't told me about any options open to me. If they have any programs, they haven't been helpful in telling me anything. I don't know what EEOC is. If I knew any numbers or departments, I'd be happy to talk to them.
    But I have moved on. It's not like I'm dwelling on it all the time. I just found this site and started speaking my piece cuz someone else said they got a raw deal too.
    I'm certainly not crying about losing that miserable job. On unemployment I may be making less, but I'm not deducting taxes weekly and the food stamps has me eating better than when I make me feel bad 40hrs a week. Our brilliant government assistance has an all or nothing policy. Anyone who can budget themselves half way doesn't need this much in food per month, yet when you work for the lowest wages you can't even get half or a quarter of assistance for aide. But I always make the best of everything as well as I can. And I am doing my best to find something better. So in some ways I look at being fired as a blessing. Don't tell that to unemployment though. LOL

Jan 21, 2011

How do you even find your boss's boss? I can't say I have any experience with going over someones head, if I wanted to dare that. It sounds like a way to make enemies. But I can't say staying friendly has worked so well. I've already concluded myself that I could use some more assertiveness, but the hard question is where do you draw the line? What gets you seen as being a strong assertive go getter and what makes you seen as being difficult and troublesome?

• Wi
      Jan 22, 2011

PSUGUY

ONCE AGAIN ON THE SIDE OF THE CORPORATION LOOK AT ALL HIS POSTS HE IS NEVER ON THE SIDE OF THE LITTLE GUY...TO HIM THE PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN HERE ARE ALWAYS WRONG OR STUPID OR ###S.

WHAT A STOOGE AND A CREEP.

Jan 26, 2011

I would think you call corporate to find out who is really in charge and as for eeoc it is the equal employment opportunity commision or eeoc.gov

They can handle the complaints that you were referring to. Being biased for any reason is just wrong and should be handled so no one else has to go through it.

• Be
      Feb 06, 2011

Being an employee, I totally agree with what toysruskid was saying. I am calling corporate about my store tomorrow, because my store is a crap hole. For the most part, cashiers, sales, and most part time associates are treated like bottom feeders unless they are sleeping with someone. Our store manager walked out midday and the store went haywire. Our new store manager is better, but the "supervisors" are basically ###s that just go on a power trip and think they can boss you around, even though at the tru website the qualifications of this position are almost identical to the "bottom feeders." Yet they give these people managerial priveledges because the managers don't want to be bothered for most of the day. But my breaking point is that after laying off the 100+ seasonal employees, they kept about 50 or so of the WORST POSSIBLE PEOPLE. The other cashier I work with some nights is complete dead weight. I am usually put out on the floor to organize the store and she tends to stay on register. I am more experienced with the toys and placing and it overall makes things more pleasant than ### in a red shirt is unable to answer a basic question. When I am busting my buttocks I am constantly called back to register because she will walk away from her register and purposely act as if she is busy with something. But tonight, I was called to my register four times and every single time I had a guest in my line, she was talking about going out to the club with the Baby department supervisor. When the store closed and it was time to clean, she and this supervisor felt that picking outfits was more important. And I know this supervisor had some sort of say in who was kept in season, so I find its a strange coincidence a dead weight employee is her friend...

Jun 14, 2011
    Toys R Us - Very unprofessionall
    Toys R Us

Bad customer service and staff needs more training. this place is loosing so many customers. i called them regarding an item if it's in stock or not, it took so long to answer back. they put me on hold like forever just to answer me. you go over there they arent busy at all too. this is really bad customer service no wonder hardly anyone goes there.

Jul 10, 2011
    Toys R Us - Never purchase
    Toys R Us

Ridiculous! I ordered an Xbox 360 on Cyber Monday with a FREE extra controller. They ran out of $50 controllers and instead replaced it with a $6 HDMI cable which they didn't even send with the Xbox 360. Customer service says "Oh, too bad." Will NEVER purchase from Toys R Us again.

• Bg
      Oct 09, 2011
    Toys R Us - Terrible service
    Toys R Us

My husband and I spent 3 hours at the store making a registry. When we left they told us we were all set. Got home, went online, and nothing is on the registry. Wasted another 45 minutes of my life on the phone with the store, spoke to 3 different people, and eventually was told "unfortunately there's nothing we can do." I was not offered any coupons, I didn't even here the words "I'm sorry."

• Ro
      Oct 16, 2011
    Toys R Us - No Customer service
    Toys R Us

Ordered all my toys for my son's bday. Paid extra for 2nd day shipping. Toys R US could not deliver by 2nd day. What I paid for. I stated I wanted a refund for shipping. They declined, even knowing that they messed up a time sensitive order. I will be returning. No wonder Toys R Us went bankrupt!

• Go
      Oct 17, 2011

When did they deliver the toys? Did you order it on a Friday or Saturday? More details are needed, otherwise this complaint is invalid

Oct 17, 2011

You do know they aren't the ones actually delivering packages, right? When the item leaves the warehouse it's out of the companies hands. Why are you waiting last minute for a gift?

• Fr
      Dec 17, 2011

Toys r us/baby r us in Broomfield Colorado is the worst store I have ever went to! The so called STORE MANAGER ADAM was not only rude but has no customer service skills. He did not want to even come out from the back REALLY... lazy ### manager who gets paid for doing NOTHING. On top of that had no clue what was on sale, I received and email today from toys r us with items 50% off he could not even find them oh my gosh if he didn't spend so much time in the back office he might know what was on sale. I was there 45min. waiting for him to check on a tablet that I had called and was told the tablet on sale had a camera get there to find out NO CAMERA waste of time!!!

• Co
      Mar 04, 2012

How is it anyone's fault if a computer derps out?

• Co
      Mar 04, 2012

Sweet fancy Moses. Learn some spelling and some grammar.

• Gi
      Mar 04, 2012

I would have rushed to a store nearby and bought a bike tube

Jan 05, 2013
    Toys R Us - 10% back promotion
    toys r us
    Bangor
    Maine

They advertised 10% back on everything during the holdays.after spending 500.00 only got 15$ back as only certain items applied which was found out after 2 hrs on hold with idiotic customer service people very deceitful.

• Bj
      Oct 30, 2013

Placed an order with toysrus, I received a double order and was billed double. I was told not only would I not get my shipping fees returned for the extra order but I also had to pay to have it shipped back. I will never shop at toysrus again!

Dec 29, 2013
    Toys R Us - sexual acts between manager and co worker
    Clive

ive heard thru others that a manager named Tim is having sexual relations with a crew member named Brandi J. Snyder in order to advance up the ladder, and gain promotions or raises.