Tlg Great Fun / unathorized charges

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Class action lawsuit against trilegiant aka tlg great fun

This website below is starting a class action lawsuit against trilegiant. if you were one of the what seems like hundreds of consumers who were duped into this membership then follow this link and add your information. it's about time someone does something about this! it also provides a list of the names they do business under such as tlg great fun.
Http://www.girardgibbs.com/trilegiant.html

I bought a product from a company called ez comfort (personal care products), during my shopping experience I filled out their "rebate eligibility" form. turns out I wasn't eligible for a product rebate but was signed up for this $12.99 monthly entertainment card with tlg great fun. I had no idea and would not have agreed to any such thing as I am living on unemployment and can't even make my mortgage payment!!! and I could admit user error if I had received the card and the charge right away but I ordered from ez comfort at the beginning of february and didn't receive any correspondence or charge from tlg until the beginning of april. seems to me like if this was legitimate I would have received a letter, email or welcome package immediately and my card would have been charged in february or march.

Ez comfort is obviously getting something from trilegiant for this sleazy duping and selling of their customers to them. when I called and explained the situation ez comforts had no comments other than I applied to see if I was eligible for a $20 rebate which automatically entered me in to this card. when I asked her why they would offer a customer a $20 rebate on an order that came to $11.97 with shipping she couldn't answer. yeah, that's not a scam at all.

I called my bank to have the charge reversed but as always chase was looking out for their customers and told me trilegiant would have to authorize the charge cancellation!!! even after I explained I didn"t authorize the membership to begin with!!! i'm guessing there's an affiliation there too!

Trilegiant (aka tlg great fun) canceled my membership and agreed to refund my account but it would take 1-2 billing cycles which means if they follow through (which does not appear to be there usual practice from all the complaints) i'll see that money in 1-2 months.

I have other personal issues going on and need to cancel my bank account now so i'll never see that refund. I tried to explain that to tlg but it fell on deaf ears. i'm out the $12.99 but I signed up for the lawsuit. I suggest anyone else with complaints do the same thing. don't forget to write a complaint about or to the company that gave you up to trilegiant too. orbitz, ez comfort, priceline, etc. they're getting something from trilegiant in order to hand you over like that. I don't know whom i'm more pissed at trilegiant or the company who gave them my card!!! either way both have lost a customer!!

As a side note for the poster who stated they worked for tlg and it was not a scam but customer failure to read the fine print... search the internet, I found 3-4 different sites on my first search devoted to page after page of complaints from customers who did not know they were being signed up, who were charged several months after their original non tlg purchase that led to their membership, and who were charged repeatedly after receiving a cancellation confirmation # from tlg. while I can agree that if you were charged for several months or as one poster stated years before realizing it then that is a personal issue but for the hundreds of other consumers who responded immediately (some of us while the charge was pending) on the basis of a product"rebate eligibility"or"protection" this is a scam!!! or it would be in large bold print that you are being redirected to an entertainment value card and it would happen at the end of your purchase not during it and people would recognize the name on the charge.in that case there would be at the most maybe one page of complaints not more than 13 on this site alone. how does it feel to know you make your living off other peoples frustration, tears, and loss???

Pp

Comments

• Th
      11th of Aug, 2008

took 59.99 out of my account without my permission or authorizion.

• Ke
      19th of Aug, 2008

I believe this is related to Traveler's Advantage. I never signed up with Great Fun.

• Hy
      1st of Sep, 2008

since June, every month from my account unauthorized money comes out.
    every month exactly $11.99 and it is descripted by "PURCHASE 90630826018917944262401 ON 08/26 AT TLG*GREATFN55820695AUG 800-290-8603 CT"
    I need my money back and stop this situation.!!! Right now.

• Sh
      15th of Oct, 2008

I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THIS CHARGE WAS FOR. WHEN I CALLED TLG I FOUND OUT IT WAS FROM SOMETHING I CLICKED ON WHEN I BOOKED A ROOM WITH PRICELINE. I AM VERY UPSET THEY LET MY CC NUMBER TRAVEL ONTO TLG. I DID GIT A CONFIRMATION NUMBER TO HAVE THE $11.44 CHARGE CREDITED TO MY CC ACCOUNT. BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU ROAM AROUND THE SITES YOU ARE ON. YOU JUST MIGHT SIGN UP FOR SOMETHING YOU DONT WANT.

2nd of Nov, 2008

Who the Hell do these people think they are, tryin to charge my card for something I never authorized or have any knowledge about...

• Va
      7th of Nov, 2008

Was sent a postcard stating my credit card would automatically be charged for a membership renewal to Great Fun unless I called the provided number and canceled. I don't remember signing up for the membership so I decided to call and cancel. Received a automated runaround to a recording stating that due to the high volume of calls, my call could not be processed please try later. Tried several times and received the same result.

On Trilegiant's website they listed their affiliates and all their phone numbers. Called Great Fun directly and was able to cancel the membership that way. If you are experiencing the same problem, please try the route that I took for satisfaction. www.trilegiant.com

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the membership was actually canceled.

17th of Nov, 2008

I have been getting unauthorized charges on my account for 11.99

• Va
      18th of Nov, 2008
    Great Fun Site - Unauthorized charges
    Great Fun Site
    greatfunonline.com

I was purchasing an item from Footsmart on -line and while completing an order, I was sent to this greatfunsite.com not realizing it. It was for an offer of 20.00 off my next order which I thought was with FootSmart. I signed up and lo and behold it is a program that charges 11.99 at the time. Now I have a charge of $11.99 a month showing up on my account.

I didn't realize it but notice it on my bank statement. I called the company on Nov. 4th to question the charges and was informed that they have been trying to contact me to send me my great discount card... hello... they have my address which I confirmed at the moment. So I canceled it. They have been receiving $11.99 for the past 6 months. That I have not received no services for.

• Pr
      21st of Nov, 2008

these frauds have been charging my credit card for the service that I never used and heard of.

• Ru
      22nd of Nov, 2008

Great Fun took $12.99 out of my personal bank account without an authorization. I want my money back and never want to have anything to do with this company again. This is rediculous.

• Fr
      30th of Dec, 2008

Charged my credit card without my OK.

• Gu
      31st of Dec, 2008

charges my account every other month

• Gu
      31st of Dec, 2008

When you organize and bring a class action suit let me know.

• Ke
      31st of Dec, 2008

Just noticed a monthly re occurring charge on my American Express credit card. Great Fun for $11.99. This was done via Fandango, and I have complained to them. This is underhanded and not fair. How can they get away with this? I have googled the company, I see I am not the first.

13th of Jan, 2009

How do these folks get your bank info?? This is so wrong. I think it may have been through a purchase I made with Chadwicks. I will never buy through Chadwicks again as they appear to be in cahoots with some sleezy companies.

• Da
      9th of Feb, 2009

I complained to the bank that TLG had been charging $11.99 on my account every month for the past four months. They gave me TLG's number and i called them up and told them to stop charging on my account. They said they would cancel my registry and that they would even refund my money, but they didn't. not only that, they even charged my account this month again.

22nd of Feb, 2009

My wife has patronized both AMC theaters and Loews Theaters, and, magically, she was enrolled in a Great Fun Membership.

As a foreign national, she is not accustomed to the Great American Ripoff, and, as an American Citizen, I know that "Caveat Emptor" does not apply to contractual agreements such as this one.

I am happy to join my voice to yours in this complaint.

Marshall Curson
    New York City

• Pa
      24th of Feb, 2009
    Great Fun - Unauthorized charges
    Great fun?

While viewing AMEX billing statement, noticed $11.00 charge paid to "Great Fun". Looked up "Great Fun" on internet and found many complaints regarding this company and related companies or branches, posting fraudulant unauthorized charges to credit cards. I called today(2/24/09) to dispute charge and inquire about service and cancel. I was told that I signed up for a travel club and was automatically enrolled in "Great Fun", and was sent a packet? The service was free for 30 days, and charges started after that period because I did not cancel?

I believe this was the first charge and was told there will be no further charges. How many millions of dollars have these people aquired in this manner?

Patrick S.

• He
      29th of Apr, 2009

I keep getting billed from Great Fun because I went to Priceline.com and made reservations. I was asked if I wanted additional savings I said yes and they have been taking money out of my account since then. All I wanted was additional savings not additional charges. I don't want this.

• Up
      14th of May, 2009

Can greatfun be sued? I've been having the same issues!!!