TLG Complete Home / Unauthorized Charge

I found an unauthorized charge on my credit card statement in March and called to get it removed. I was told it was a "third party vendor transaction" and had to call the vendor which turned out to be TLB Complete Homes that I had never heard of before, much less authorized a charge. I called the company and they said I had cashed a $5 check which triggered the "service". (I still don't have any idea what the service is). I said I had not and to remove the charge. They said they would. They said they were affiliated with a company called Norm Thompson.

I checked my deposits and I had indeed cashed a $5 check in January. It was from a company called Sahalie. I had bought some stuff from them Summer of 2008 and had received a check from them saying it was a kind of rebate.

So I called Sahalie and asked them if they were affiliated with Norm Thompson. They said it was a sister company. The check was indeed a come on for the TLG "service". I guess I didn't read all the fine print, but the check did come from Sahalie and said it was a rebate.

This is an obvious scam. How does it get stopped?

More TLG Complete Home Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Di
      13th of Dec, 2008

Tlg has charged hundreds of dollars to my account.

I complain, they take off and the next month, hundreds more in charges show up.

They are part of hsbc which makes this even worse. . . Both are complicit in this crime.