Tissot / watch repair cost

1 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

In April 2008 I bought a mens Tissot T-Touch from a local jewellry store for $Cdn 500. In January 2011 the digital screen went black down the middle & was no longer functional. I got the jeweller to get an estimate for repair since the warranty had expired. Both the jewellry & myself were shocked when Tissot came back with an $Cdn 700 esitimate to repair the watch. Since I can still buy this watch for the same price why would I pay more to have mine repaired? Tissot, should you read this, think about it!!

Comments

• Mo
      3rd of Jan, 2014

completely agree, as i had a similar problems, i would not buy Tissot any more in my life and i will advice it to everyone and everywhere. and i am gathering a community to aware others about Tissot

• Ni
      21st of Jun, 2017

I bought a Tissot Touch in France in 2004 for the whopping price of 450 Euros. Exactly eight years later, all but the time, chronometer, and compass packed it in. I guess I am lucky, having read other accounts from Tissot owners, that my watch still tells the time, 13 years later...

• Mo
      22nd of Jun, 2017

Good to hear that you are lucky. Best of luck

• Bo
      10th of Jul, 2017

Can't believe your watch is still working!!!
    Mine never told the correct time, despite being sent back to manufactures twice within warranty period and then being told it was outside warranty. It's an automatic one and I was told that I wasn't moving enough??????????

• Mi
      23rd of Jul, 2018

I now have 2 broken Tissot watches. My touch watch I thought it needed a battery, instead it will cost me 300 to fix and the watch has zero resale value. My tag huger 1, 000 watch i get 250 at pawn shop. I get zero for my tissot. So why should i pay 300 when it's worthless. Plus my timex and sekio watches are 20 years old still working. At least my other tissot watch work. Wrong all of a sudden the third hand a small hand just went in circles. It's criminal for the price that is paid for your product company should support you product. So I have wasted 2, 000 on your watches and am going on a swear can. the company is despicable there product doesn't last. I guess that explain only 2 year warrenty