Time Warner Cable / picture loss, poor quality
We are having horrible problems with time warner cable loss of signal, pixelation/tiling, loss of sound, and picture freezing.
We are paying for every channel, hdtv, 2 hd-dvr boxes & 2 dvr boxes (lots of $ monthly, in the $100's).
In the past year, we've replaced hd-dvr boxes five, yes, 5 times!! Finally, we got a technician to come look at the signal.
The first technician simply re-set/re-initialized each box.
The second technician checked the signal, said it was weak, and left saying he'd send another technician (that never happened).
The third technician came and checked the signal and the wiring and put in a signal amplifier.
We are still having problems to the point where many channels are simply un-watchable, especially during primetime.
We used to think it only affected the hd channels, but now the problem has "spread" to the other non-hd channels as well.
The worst problems *seem* to be with very popular shows, for example, "survivor" - we haven't been able to watch this program on an hd or non-hd channel on any box in the house for over 3 weeks now. My brother and father are going nuts because the problems occur during the ncaa games!
We are ready to switch to at&t's u-verse service, even though I hate the thought of being an at&t customer.
More Time Warner Cable Complaints & Reviews
- Time Warner Cable Pay Express - online payment is a rip-off! 
- Time Warner Cable - false promotion 
- Time Warner Cable - price lock guarantee and $100 cash back 
- Time Warner Cable - $100 gift cards 
- Time Warner Cable - poor customer service! 
- Time Warner Cable - my bill is too high and keeps going up!!!
- Time Warner Cable - internet speed
- Time Warner Cable - bill increase
- Time Warner Cable - billing
- Time Warner Cable - internet