Time Warner Cable / cable box

1 Raleigh, NC, United States

To whom it may concern,

I have been a customer of your cable company from the past 4 years, so far the services have been impeccable, but recently I encountered some really poor customer service.
After arriving home Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at approximately 9:15pm I discovered my service was interrupted. I placed a phone call asking for an assistance, in restoration of my cable services. I gave the representative my address and informed him of the bundle deal that I pay monthly in my apartment complex. The representative advised that I had a balance due on the account and it had to be paid before service would be restored. I repeatedly asked for a waiver of reconnect fees due to the fact that the TWC representative within my apartment complex only asked how many boxes were needed. He never advised that only two were provided, a third box would cost. I explained that I have no problem paying for a third box, I was clearly not aware that there would be charges and I could not believe that this company would disconnect service over a $9.00 payment. I asked for a supervisor, I informed the supervisor ROB MCWADE that I was not willing to pay a $29.99 reconnect fee plus a $9.00 fee for past due collection. Even after clearly explaining the incident again Rob was not willing to compromise. I asked to speak with his manager and he refused. He provided her name Nancy Baker only. Again I confirmed with Rob that on November 1, 2016 and 9:59 pm on a recorded line you are denying me the right to speak with Nancy Baker or even provide me with her contact information. Representative confirmed and disconnected the call.
My rental contract with North Hills at Triangle Town Center (previously Millbrook Green apartment in Raleigh North Carolina) includes an amount of $45.00 for monthly cable service. There is also and other charge of $3.00. I receive promotional mail from Time Warner Cable frequently which is often thrown in the trash. When boxes were released last year it was not explained that additional charges would apply, I was only asked how many boxes were needed. The boxes were delivered and I set up the channels and equipment on my own.
When contacting another customer care representative Cassie A in department sales, I was assured that the incident was understandable and the reconnect charge would be waived. Cassie also noted that someone was trying to override the additional fees on the account and was unable to get the process to go through. She spoke with her superior and waived the fees with no hassle. Representatives should always aim to please customers upon initial contact to increase the retention of customers within the service area. Poor service as listed above with Rob Mcwade will cause customers to leave and shop for better service extremely fast even if the cost is higher. The worst of it all was that he, Rob McWade was completely unapologetic, not an ounce of sympathy with a dash of care or concern about my issue at hand.
Again, I am very disappointed with the poor service, and am contemplating a change in my cable service provider as soon as I move in the direction of future homeownership. I had received great service earlier, but this incident has really left a bad impression on me. I hope that you look into the matter immediately, and if necessary refund the excessive money I had to pay for restoration of services. I did not anticipate paying a bundle deal to the apartment complex and a separate fee to TWC.
Thank you for your co-operation, and I hope such incidents will not be repeated.

Sr