Time Warner Cable / digital telephone

1 8951 Knott Ave, Ste K., Buena Park, CA 90610Buena Park, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888 -892-2253

We were solicited by Warner Cable to transfer our telephone service from SBC. We have a Brinks Alarm System which communicates through the telephone. The Brinks Alarm signs are conspicuously posted in the front yard and in the windows. We were assured by Warner Cable installers that will connect the alarm system to work with Warner Cable digital telephone.

Yesterday, we found out that the connection is not working properly. I telephoned their consumer service dept [protected]) and spoke with Ike (code # -06), and he stated that Warner Cable is not responsible for the alarm system hook up. Additionally, he refused to provide me with the name of and address of any one that I could send my complaint to.

Comments

• Ha
      19th of Jul, 2009

You MUST deal with TimeWarner in writing. Do NOT rely on phone calls or email.
    You MUST deal with TimeWarner in writing.
    You MUST deal with TimeWarner in WRITING.

If TimeWarner were a person it would best be described as a pathological liar: They will say one thing and do whatever is most convenient for them.

Follow EACH phone conversation with a snail-mail summary of your conversation to the place you send your bills. Include your name, address, and account number.

I have made a hobby out of rescuing people from TimeWarner. They screwed me out of $1000 so I plan to cost them orders of magnitude more in customer loss.

Send ALL letters to "the office of the president" for your territory.

If you continue to be defrauded by TWC file a FORMAL complaint with the "Public Utilities Commission"

...

remember you CAN also sue them in small claims court. In most jurisdictions the filing fee is about $60. WHEN you win your case you will recoup this investment.

I recovered most of my money from TWC and you can too. I have since upgraded to FIOS. I hope it is available in your area. :)

• Ha
      19th of Jul, 2009

Before I upgraded to FIOS from RoadRunner, getting 50% more bandwith and 100% less problems all for about 45% less money, I canceled the phone portion of my account.

I recommend you shop around for a VoIP (voice over IP) phone provider that has the features- and price you want.

Some top rated providers, some of which I have personally tested include:

viatalk
    voicepulse
    future-nine
    callcentric

TWC is offering the same phone "feature" set as available from the Bells in the late 1970s. That's yet another way they gouge you.

If you are a little adventurous research the feasibility of setting up an asterisk server in your home to save serious cash on your phone costs. A user friendlier option is PBX in a flash. Once you swallow the cost of a server, as little as $300, you can get flat rate incoming calls for as little as $3 per month and outgoing calls billed as little as $0.011/min.