Time Warner / Bridgevine / equipment rebate scam

1 PO BOX 028516Miami, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-561-7659

Beware!! Don"t do any business with bridgeviner or time warner. Time are desperate but these people are a bunch of crooks and time warner is no better because they allow this scam to take place.
I looked on line to get internet service from time warner. I called the number but in reality I was calling bridgevine. They never said they were not time warner. They explained that they were going to charge $114 for the equipment but there was going to be a $100 rebate. I have been waiting since may and it's now august. I have submitted all the paperwork requested but the promotion has been denied many times.
The way it works is like this:you get the cost of the equipment charged to your credit card by bridgevine but to get the rebate you have to submit an invoice for the purchase that you've never received and will never get. (from bridgevine)
So if you have already been scammed by these creepy and dark, blood sucking creatures, call your credit card company and ask to open an investigation immediately. You have 60 days from the date of the charges. It's too late for me I found out today. Good luck!

Mi

Comments

• Br
      8th of Feb, 2011

Time Warner does not require the modem to be purchased, there is a small monthly charge for rental tucked into their normal billing. I know this only because I have found myself in your same position. OfferWire (aka Bridgevine) mis-represented the $50 modem purchase (prior to rebate) as REQUIRED by Time Warner to purchase high-speed internet. This is completely untrue per Time Warner they supply the modems. I am currently refuting the charge on my credit card (the credit card THEY SAID was required by Time Warner to secure credit - I was told point-blank it would NOT be charged, the modem would be billed). What can be done to stop such a frudulent company?

• Ve
      3rd of Nov, 2011

I'm sorry that you are having problems with your rebate. I'm an employee of Bridgevine and may be able to get this issue resolved for you. Please email me your order confirmation number and any other information that you may have and I'll personally look into this matter for you.

Regards