Thrifty Rent A Car / racial issues
I live in Honduras most of the year. My 28 year old daughter was visiting. She lives here part of the time. We booked a car for two weeks. She is traveling with her younger 15 year old sister. When she arrived at your desk they requested her driver's license. She presented her valid Florida driver's license with the birth date July 1989.
The desk agent asked for a Honduran Driver's license. She does not have a Honduran DL since a US license is valid here.
Apparently the rate and conditions for a Honduran is Different?? In Honduras there is No test for a DL. Simply pay $25 and you are good to go.
Now my daughters have been stuck at the airport for hour arranging transportation.
The agent was rude and did not even offer the car at a higher rate. The car was rented in good faith and she was treated like the trashy little Honduran just because her Driver's License was issued in Florida. She also holds a US Passport and has a US Home. Not good enough for Thrifty??
More Thrifty Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- Thrifty Car Rental - $25 admin fee for 0.25 toll charge 
- Thrifty Car Rental - unethical business practices 
- Thrifty Car Rental Romania - overcharged the cancellation fee 
- Thrifty Car Rental - rip off 
- Thrifty Car Rental - drop off charges 
- Thrifty Rent A Car - refund 15/08/18 not received
- Thrifty Rent A Car - cleaning fee - rental agreement - 168636156
- Thrifty Rent A Car - unethical behavior
- Thrifty Rent A Car - extraordinary toll/fine
- Thrifty Rent A Car - rip off with admin fees.