Thompson Cigars / unsolicited phone calls!

Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:
4.55

I occasionally order cigars from this company, and have routinely NOT checked the box to receive email promotions. Recently I have gotten a phone call, which started as a "routine customer survey", and immediately became a sales attempt for membership in a Cigar Club, with regular shipments. I immediately told the woman I was not interested, at which time she really stepped up the sales pitch, and said "give it a shot, I'm sure you'll be...", I finally had to hang up, after once again telling her I was not interested.

Unfortunately I will no longer be a customer.

Comments

Ja
  13th of Mar, 2008
I was contacted by Bobby Russ , from Thompson Cigars. He assured me that my name would be taken off their call list, and that the issues I had mentioned will be resolved. I hope so, as they do have great product, and very fast shipping.

James E. Barnes
Da
  21st of Jun, 2008
I had the same experience with the unsolicited phone call. I hung up also and then thought - damn- I didnt tell the salesman to remove me from the list so I called back and asked to be removed. Out of anger I also demanded that the catalogs be stopped. I just did not want anything to do with a company that would call me without permission.
What I could not beleive was that the customer service contact could not remove me from the call list unless I gave her my phone number! I refused, reminding her that all of that information was in my customer file and she could get off her behind and find it.
I ended up talking to her manager who told me the same ### and bull story~ apparantly the right hand has no idea what the left is doing- perhaps because it is too deep into out pockets to check?
I have to say that Thompson sells a good product. Too bad they are ruining long standing relationships with there mercenary attitude toward customer privacy.
No doubt some hot shot new marketing guru geve them the benifit of his wisdom! HA!
Too bad he cost them a lot more then what they paid him for the advice!
Br
  30th of Jul, 2008
Just had the same experience. Been buying sticks from them for years but, no longer.
Ja
  11th of Aug, 2008
i reciently order cigars by mail. two to three weeks i have not received the order. a check was included for the cigars. i talked to a lady today who is to provide a substitute cigar as she said the ones is ordered were out of stock. it would have been nice to know this several weeks ago. this lady wanted me to join the club. after some discussion she finally understood that i was not interested. later the sale day i received a call from another lady who insisted i join the club. i have in the past and will keep ordering cigars when i want them. if i keep getting the push to join the cigar club i will switch to another source to buy cigars. the type of advertising that these people use is almost a insult.

Thompson Cigar Logo Thompson Cigar