TheBay.com / Hudson's Bay Company [HBC] / sofa delivery and process

Canada

Hello,

I am writing regarding purchase [protected] 9002308.

I ordered this sofa on Sept. 8. During the ordering process, I was extremely surprised in the day and age of Amazon Prime and Wayfair (free shipping) that not only do you still charge for delivery BUT (at that time) your deliveries were restricted to Monday to Friday. In many working families, NO ONE is home between the hours of 8am-6pm on weekdays. Regardless, I told the CSR that I would make it work to accept delivery from 12-6pm on Friday, Oct. 12.

I arranged for my 20-year-old niece to be at my house during the delivery window. When I returned home at 5:50pm, I was SHOCKED to discover no delivery had occurred. At that time, I called the 1-800 number in the email provided. I was told that ‘Oh...no one called you? The delivery was re-scheduled to Oct. 26 b/c the leather on the couch was unavailable.' THE SOFA IS NOT LEATHER. I ended that phone call rather abruptly. About half an hour later, I received a call from a different CSR indicating that it was her fault. While I appreciate someone taking responsibility, what I do NOT appreciate is what she had to say. She said ‘Oh, we now deliver on Saturdays, and your delivery is scheduled for Nov.3.' When I asked what the window is, she said, ‘We can't give you one.' Really? So I have to wait around the house all day??? Next she indicated that I would be compensated for my time lost, but for that to happen, I HAVE TO MAKE A PHONE CALL TO SOME DEPARTMENT CALLED ERA AFTER I TAKE DELIVERY. Why is it MY responsibility to ensure I get compensated? I think, under the circumstances, HBC should be responsible for ensuring that happens.

I'm a reasonable person highlighting what I believe to be an unbelievably unreasonable process.

Thanks for reading,