The Room Source Furniture / Simmons Beautyrest Mattress

Posted:

Defective mattress, denied warranty claim!

4.7
The Room Source Furniture
Hello my name is Aaron Munoz I purchased a SIMMONS BEAUTYREST mattress from The Room Source furniture store in 2004. The mattress started to fall apart within 6-8 months of use on the mattress so we contacted the ROOM SOURCE about the mattress and they sent someone out right away to inspect the mattress and found it to be defective and replaced the mattress. I dont remember how long the second mattress took to prove it was also defective but I know that it was only a short period of time. Once again we contacted the ROOM SOURCE about the defective mattress and they said they would give us an option to upgrade the mattress if we paid the difference. We took that option and forked over another 200.00 or so dollars hoping to avoid the same problem. Once again the new upgraded mattress proved to be defective in a short period of time. Keep in mind that these mattresses all have 10 year warranties and were not even lasting 2 years. So we contacted ROOM SOURCE for the third time only to find out that they had so many problems with the mattresses that they were not carrying them anymore and that we had to deal with simmons mattress company. I contacted simmons right away and they said that they would send someone to determine if the mattress was defective. I was at work when the gentleman that inspected the bed came to my home, but he assured my girlfriend that our mattress met the qualifications of a defective mattress and that the dip on my side of the mattress was 1 3/4 inches and only had to be 1 1/4 inches to qualify. About 10 days later after hearing nothing back I contacted simmons about our claim and they told us that our claim was denied and it said why in the letter that we would receive. I received the letter and found that they had denied us because there was a stain on the bed and that there was a warranty clause that says the mattress has to be free of stains for the warranty to be effective. One of the previous defective mattresses had a stain on it and was not even mentioned when The Room Source was handling the warranty claims. So I called Simmons back and I told her that we did not receive any paperwork when we purchased the mattress stating this and she told us that "we should have checked". After being abandoned by the ROOM SOURCE and treated very rudely and denied by SIMMONS I did not know what else to do so I gave up. Then come to find I am not the only one that has been denied my warranty by Simmons, there are numerous reports all over the internet of Simmons not replacing defective mattresses that are still under warranty. I still own the mattress and cannot afford to buy another one, me and my girlfriend both constantly have back pain and aches after sleeping on the mattress. I have had so many back problems that I have stopped sleeping on this mattress and have been forced to sleep on the couch. I hope that you can help me out in any way possible in getting simmons to hold up to their warranty. I will never again by a simmons no matter what the outcome and I urge everyone with a denied warranty claim to contact their local newspapers and tv news stations.
Complaint comments Comments (63)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Mattresses

Comments

A  23rd of Feb, 2007 by    0 Votes
Simmons just pulled a similar move with me. The depressions in my bed, according to them, are "only 1.5". It is total BS. I have remeasured and they are at least 2" in spots. I am considering a class action lawsuit against them.
A  16th of Mar, 2007 by    0 Votes
Sign me up! I just bought a simmons beautyrest after trying it out the same model in the showroom. When the mattress arrived, it was nothing like the showroom model. My 100lb girlfriend sinks so far into it that the top of her body is below the level of the edges.

We both have back pain after sleeping on the mattress for only a week. Simmons refuses to honor their warranty since the mattress only sags when someone is on it(!) This is a clear tactic to avoid replacing defective mattresses.

I would avoid purchasing a simmons at all costs. They really seem to be only out to screw the consumer, and don't care at all about the quality of their products.
N  4th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes
Yes, to class action.
A  9th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes
I've only had my bed for 6 months and it's dipping in the middle. Simmons states this is normal for this period of time. I had a $900.00 bed that lasted longer then this expensive POS. Count me in.
N  12th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have a 4 year old King size Simmons Merastella that sags several inches where my wife and I sleep. We had a rep. out to measure the depressions nearly a month ago and haven't heard back since. Both our backs are sore and in need of constant adjustments. I travel for a living and fortunately get to sleep on beds with better support. My Back is NEVER sore while I'm on the road. Simmons, where is your support, both in your beds as well as customer service???
A  25th of Jun, 2007 by    +1 Votes
My wife and I have the Simmons Alana Vista King we bought for $2,500 from Mancini's sleepworld 2 years ago and is sagging severely as well, at least 1.5" - 2" on each side. We called Mancini's and they had a guy come out from Sleeptek. The guy who came and measured said one side is "clearly has a 2" depression" and would check on the warranty.

A week later, we get a letter from them stating that the bed did have a 1.5" depression, but was not justified to meet the mfg warranty or be deemed defective. No data provided to back up their claim. Just a letter with a very brief explanation.

I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau to see if I can get them to assist, since it's almost impossible to find any contact information on Simmons.

If you guys do a class action suit. Send me an email and I will gladly sign up!
A  3rd of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
We recently received a denial of our claim on our king-sized Dreamscape Denali, stating that there is nothing wrong with it. If there is nothing wrong with it, then why are we tossing and turning, with sore hips and backs? Why doesn't Simmons just sell their beds with body impressions already in them, if this is so "normal" as their letter says? At least then a customer will know what they're really buying.

I did an unsuccessful search trying to find out if there is already a class action suit against them. Even though my search came up empty, I can't imagine that there isn't one.

I wonder if any hungry lawyers search these sites... they'd have a pretty good case already made for them.

Sign us up too!
N  28th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
I had to say I was neutral as far as the complaints I have read. It seems my problem with my Simmons mattress is unique, compared to the sagging problems that others have experienced. I bought my Simmons Napa Firm mattress 8 years ago. It also came with a 10 year warranty. I called Simmons, and told them my problem. My mattress leans on the sides. They sent out an inspector, he did (I guess) the regular check of the mattress. I asked him if he thought that this problem was odd, he said absolutely, it was. About 2 weeks later, I got a letter from Simmons saying that my mattress was not on(what they call) the right bed frame. There is nothing wrong with my bed frame! In the letter the also said, that if I didn't get a different bed frame that my warranty would be voided. As far as I'm concerned, it is all B.S. It is only me that sleeps on this bed, and I weigh about 150 lbs. If there is a class action suit, please let me know about it. Also, I would be interested if any one else has had this type of leaning problem.
A  24th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I got simmons mattress my back started hunting about six month . we went back room source just find out that did not care simmons mattress anymore came with a 10 year warranty. I called simmon and told them about it and nothing has been done 2000 dollars lost. Do you think get together and call news 10 to help us.
A  29th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
My $1500 Beauty Rest "miracle foam" mattress was great at first. Then I noticed dips. I went back to store, but w/o receipt they wouldn't do anything. I only kept receipt for the 30-day return policy. We have very noticeable dips and the mattress is now 4 yrs old, but supposed to last 10 yrs. DO NOT buy a Beauty Rest. I haven't called them directly yet, but I intend to even though seems no one gets positive results. VERY disappointed. Anyone know of a GOOD brand?

Sandy
A  15th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have a Queen Simmons BeautyRest bought 3 months ago and already feel a dip in the middle of the mattress. I called Simmons and they told me to contact the store where i bought it. Of course the store says to bad i bought it as is. I'm just waiting a few days then I'm gonna start calling and writing letters to Simmons. But it sounds like I'm S.O.L
A  17th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have a Simmons Cal King and it is 5 years old and I have sunk into it for 2 or more years. But I do have a stain on my mattress and from what I heard from sales people and from reading on the internet, I am not going to waste my time trying to get it repaired or replaced. I just will not buy Simmons again and will let everyone that I know that the Simmons brand is a poor quality brand that doesn't last. And the Simmons corporation has terrible policies and have poor customer service. Simmons mattresses complaints on the internet should deter many people and maybe in the future Simmons will decide to change their policies.
A  19th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
We bought a king size simmons beautyrest mattress set about 1 year ago. It has deep impressions on both sides which started after only 3 months of use. We have not yet contacted the store or Simmons, and after reading about everyone else's experiences, I probably won't bother. I would like to be included in a class action law suit if someone decides to file one.
A  1st of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
We've had the same experience with our Simmons mattress. Before we had it for a year, we had deep indentations on both sides of the bed. Simmons sent someone out, agreed it was defective, told us that we could go to the store and buy another mattress in that price category. Thinking that the "Back-saver" mattress was defective, we chose another model. Now, a year later, we have the exact same problem with the replacement mattress. At this point we would like to have a refund, but the warranty explicitly states it will only repair or replace defective mattresses.
Count us in on a class action lawsuit--and warn your friends to NEVER buy a Simmons mattress!
N  5th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I believe some people have unreal expectations that a mattress will not show any signs of wear until the warranty period is expired. Mattress will and should show signs of wear in the areas that you sleep. A greater number of "sagging" complaints stem from the king size mattress sets. The reason for this is that a couple on a king will typically sleep on their own sides and the middle does not get the same use and therefore the upholstery does not get the same compression in that area.

As far as stains go...yes they void the warranty. This applies to all manufacturers I am aware of except Tempur-pedic.
A  15th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
We bought a simmons beautyrest from sears about a year and a half ago. Within a few months both sides of the mattress developed large dips. A rep looked at the mattress and determined that it qualified for replacement. We got the same mattress again thinking it had to be just bad luck with that mattress. WRONG! Again within a few months the dips showed up, and after six months they are so bad that most nights one of us ends up sleeping on the couch. This time the rep came back and told us that he would give his findings to sears. Two weeks later sears phoned to inform us that our warranty was void, because there were no center supports. The very same rep came to our house both times, but the first time they replaced the mattress and there were no supports then either! Not one time was it even mentioned by him or by sears! We were not told by the sales person about having center supports. I think this is their way to get out of honouring warranties. Who reads the manual on a mattress? You put it in your bedroom and sleep on the damn thing!! That's it! After a lot of phone calls to sears with no results, we are now stuck with a seven month old mattress trhat we can't sleep on. Simmons mattresses are junk and I would advise you to never buy one. As for sears, their customer service was terrible and this is the last thing we will ever buy there. Count us in to start a lawsuit.
A  22nd of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I'll gladly sign up for a class action lawsuit against this company. $1200 for for a pile of junk that has barely lasted a year.
A  23rd of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I bought a Simmons Beautyrest jubilation only 6 weeks ago and we have huge indentations on both sides. We paid $3,000 this piece of junk! I have an inspector coming out tomorrow. I told him on the phone that my back was killing me due to the sagging-(I sleep on my stomach) and he said that I shouldn't be sleeping on my stomach because of course it's going to put pressure on my lower back. This is the way I have been sleeping for the past 30+years! The $200 mattress I had previously was fine, I should have stuck with it!
I will also gladly sign up for a class action lawsuit should we not get our money back!
A  8th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I had just bough a mattress (Simmons Beautyrest World Class, Ulta Plush Super Pillow Top) from conn's not even 1 month ago, On my side there is already a deep indentations... NOW WE ARE TALKING LESS THAN A MONTH I paid about $2000.00, I went back to conn's to find out that they do not have returns or exchanges on mattress. I am furious... I will also sign up for a class action lawsuit, because this is incredible how they charging this outragous prices for such a poor quality product.
A  14th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Dreamwell Visco Super Pillowtop King. I paid $2,000 which included a frame, delivery and matching boxspring. Within two days I felt that I was sagging into the mattress at least 4 inches. The support was nothing like the queen in the store. I complained to the salesman who immediately agreed that I had a problem and sent the paper work through. Mattress Marshalls came to the home and the first thing he said was "we measure without you lying on the bed". I said how can you tell if a mattress is sagging and has a pillowtop,without lying on it?

In his report he said the mattress was only sagging 1/4 inch which is just rediculous. Mattress Warehouse sent me the report from Mattress Marshalls and said I could complain every 90 days and you bet I will. When I called Simmons they would do nothing because the report said under 1 1/2 inch sagging.

Is anyone having the same problem with their King Dreamwell??? Can they really get away with sending these bogus inspectors into our homes?

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree