The Home Depot At Home Services / poor pay practices
THD At-Home Services is a horrible place to work for. I subcontracted for the Kent Wa branch every job I went to for the 1st 4 months the customers complained of poor customer service. Or they were outright hostle with me due to their poor customer service.
This company wanted me to work for free but charge the customers an arm and leg.
My biggest issue with them is waiting 6 months to get paid for a job that was completed. They paid the wrong contractor I had to prove the other contractor didnt do the job. Then they still did not pay I had to wait another month.
They do not pay for extra work they want us the contractor to do for free. Example they had a fair cost for me to hang wood trim outside $35. That was fair for the labor but the materials usually cost $35. So they paid the labor but not materials.
They charge the customer a less than 3 window charge but that doesnt always go to the contractor. I had a job that was 3 windows. I get to the job 1 window was mis-measured by one of the THD's many unqualified project managers. I put in the 2 that did fit the one that didnt was not my error. I could not get paid a less than 3 charge of $50 because the job wasnt sold that way.
There are alot of cost to the cusomer that does not get paid to us. They charge $40 a window to dispose of the old windows. You can throw them out yourself and save it but we get paid the same either way.
They charge a 2nd story charge for windows above groung floor. We dont see extra.
Dont buy with these guys find you a good dependable local contractor because you will get a better deal than Depot.
And Depot will hire anyone with a lic. & Insurance. Doesnt matter if they are qualified they will send them to your door step.
More The Home Depot At Home Services Complaints & Reviews
- Home Depot Stainmaster Carpet - staineasy carpet 
- Home Depot Credit Card - I urge all of you never to get this credit card! 
- GE Adora - dishwasher won't clean dishes 
- American Craftsman Windows At Home Depot - windows 
- Home Depot Store Employee Complaint - employees 
- Home Depot - high impact windows installation
- Home Depot - service
- Home Depot - appliance delivery crew unprepared and resistant
- Home Depot - delivery of appliances
- Home Depot 4640 Roosevelt Blvd - I am complaining about the poor service I received after placing a special order in