The Home Depot At Home Services / poor pay practices

THD At-Home Services is a horrible place to work for. I subcontracted for the Kent Wa branch every job I went to for the 1st 4 months the customers complained of poor customer service. Or they were outright hostle with me due to their poor customer service.
This company wanted me to work for free but charge the customers an arm and leg.
My biggest issue with them is waiting 6 months to get paid for a job that was completed. They paid the wrong contractor I had to prove the other contractor didnt do the job. Then they still did not pay I had to wait another month.
They do not pay for extra work they want us the contractor to do for free. Example they had a fair cost for me to hang wood trim outside $35. That was fair for the labor but the materials usually cost $35. So they paid the labor but not materials.
They charge the customer a less than 3 window charge but that doesnt always go to the contractor. I had a job that was 3 windows. I get to the job 1 window was mis-measured by one of the THD's many unqualified project managers. I put in the 2 that did fit the one that didnt was not my error. I could not get paid a less than 3 charge of $50 because the job wasnt sold that way.
There are alot of cost to the cusomer that does not get paid to us. They charge $40 a window to dispose of the old windows. You can throw them out yourself and save it but we get paid the same either way.
They charge a 2nd story charge for windows above groung floor. We dont see extra.
Dont buy with these guys find you a good dependable local contractor because you will get a better deal than Depot.
And Depot will hire anyone with a lic. & Insurance. Doesnt matter if they are qualified they will send them to your door step.

Te

Comments

• Em
      20th of Aug, 2009

You are a bumbling idiot, and need to get your facts straight. They do not charge to dispose, they do not charge to do second story and so on. Sounds like you were looking for the pot of gold in the Depot and ended up with a bucket of reality.

• Ke
      5th of May, 2011

Having sold windows for THD in the past (left 2 months ago), I can agree with some of these comments, but not most). THD is set up to make the company a profit first. There are areas that the company needs to improve upon. The installers should be paid more for additional work. However, THD absolutely does not charge a "second story" fee. Nor do they charge for haul-away (many companies do). I don't know what the market was in your area, but I have nothing but great things to say about the installers here (Delaware/Maryland Eastern Shore). They are professional and dependable. I have always been proud of the jobs I've sold. They've done a terrific job with installation - as have the project managers. I haven't worked with anyone I considered even marginally unqualified. It sounds as though you weren't clear about your arrangement before starting with THD. BTW, the installers here are paid the same week that the job is complete. Good luck to you.

• Tb
      22nd of Aug, 2011

Home Depot at home services is going down the toilet quick! Management treats employees like trash and then sticks it in your ### for good measure.
    They are good at brain washing you to believe that Home Depot is the only way. Do yourself a favor and escape the HELL that is Home Depot and you will be free at last. Wake up people! You are being told to put in 50-60 hours a week with NO base salary. Get a real job, get paid for your time and be respected. I did! =)

• Aw
      23rd of Sep, 2011

For the most part, All of the complaints I hear here are do to Cheap People buying the cheapest product and then complaining that it is not the best. For what it is worth Premium Quality windows do not cost 450.00. I had windows installed in my rent home and used the American Craftsman PREMIUM window. It is a good window for the money. I also had it installed by Home Depot's Installation services. I paid around 800 a window. This included everything. Permits, fixing a couple pieces of wood and installing the window and had a great experience. I really wanted to have them install the other line of windows but they were more. If it would have been my home I would have installed the Simonton windows. The old saying is you got what you paid for.