Texas Roadhouse / had to go away with an empty stomach!

I was in a group of ten that wanted to try your new restaurant. I have been to other Taxes Roadhouse restaurants and was thrilled when you opened in the area, but I was very disappointed with our service last night - January 18th.

Understanding that we had a large group we used your call ahead option.
We called the restaurant at approximately 4:55 for a 6:00 pm arrival time.

We were told that we could experience an additional wait time when we arrived. We were ok with that. At approximately 6:30, our pager/name was called and the hostess informed us it would be 5 minutes.
Again, not a problem. 5 minutes turned into 10 which turned into 20.
We approached the hostess again wanting to know what the hold-up was.
We were told the group occupying "our" table was chatting and as soon as they left we would be seated. After an additional 10 minutes - we were told the same thing. My main problem was, we informed the hostess that our group would split up in order to get us in. There were several groups of 5 that came in after us and were seated before us -- why were we not seated first when we said we would split up? When we pondered this to the hostess we were told that was "our" table and they were waiting for it to become vacant. What I don't understand was when we told the hostess we would be split up why we were not seated but rather bound to the original table assignment.

We ended up leaving without eating after waiting 1.5 hours in the store (total of 2.5 hours including phone in time). So because you wouldn't assign us a different table you lost the business of 10 people last night (18 January). I really wanted to try your restaurant and food, and I was very disappointed to go away with an empty stomach.

Va

Comments

• Fu
      17th of Jun, 2010

Tell us about your complaint at texasroadhousesucks.net

1st of Jan, 2017

Texas Roadhouse needs to train it's management better and these type of things would not happen as frequently as I'm now reading on this site. Texas Roadhouse has numerous complaints. I wrote one today myself about a bad experience there. I had a problem once before and they had that particular store manager contact me and offer me a free meal. i don't need a free meal. What is needed is when there is a problem a manager should step in and solve it prior to it getting to this complaint site.

• Be
      13th of Aug, 2018
    Texas Roadhouse - Thomas Burnham
    Orange City
    Florida

Very disgusting unpleasant man ( or woman) I have encountered at a restaurant. When taking our order he was like why are you here. He was rude to all of us and we wanted to leave this pee on. I hope they do something.

13th of Aug, 2018
    Texas Roadhouse - Food/service from mangaer
    Youngstown
    Ohio

We made RSVP for 15 celebrating my son and nephew birthdays wasn't enough room so I ordered food when they bring out it was cold I also placed a to go order of full slab with 2 side kickers of shrimp it was cold also n I was taking that home the manager slams the food back into the bag n walks off very rude and I eat there all the time

• Fe
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Texas Roadhouse - Service
    Monroe
    New York

May 14, 2018 - Waited 1 hour for a table at a Texas Roadhouse restaurant in Middletown NY. There were plenty of tables available for a party of 9...I even asked to be split up.

• Na
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Texas Roadhouse - Texas Roadhouse Ocoee
    Ocoee
    Florida
    texasroadhouse.com

I am appalled to see such activities take place at Texas Roadhouse. I go there with my family and to see such blasphemy just shocks me. I just can't believe it! Its time to remove the management and correct it.

21st of Aug, 2018
    Texas Roadhouse - Hard boiled eggs
    Boonville
    Indiana
    primefoodsinc.com

Your supplier Prime Foods gets their hard boiled eggs from Rose Acre Farms that's recalling 206 million eggs! It's been on every news outlet. If you don't take action you are putting every one of your customers at risk! I have proof of Rose Acre trucks at Prime Foods if you would like proof.

• Al
    Texas Roadhouse - Medium steak ordered
    Pearland
    Texas

Ordered 2 steak plates to go, get home and both steaks were WELL DONE, Dry as can be. We were very unhappy, would of took it back but it's a 15 minute drive back to town. See the attached receipt and steak.

• Ab
    Texas Roadhouse - Food and seating
    Fort Worth, TexaS
    Texas

We have been coming here since I was a little girl and this past time we came here the steaks were way under cooked to what we asked for. Also, the place where they put us is not sanded down correctly. The wood keeps catching onto my jacket. This has always been our #1 place to go and this last time had really dissatisfied us.

• As
    Texas Roadhouse - Military Discount
    Laredo
    Missouri

When did it become custom to only give the military discount only off the military member vs the whole bill. Very cheap of you Texas Road house will never eat here again.

• Ka
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Texas Roadhouse - Rolls
    Oklahoma City
    Oklahoma

I am highly upset with the Texas Road house by my home. I specifically came to Texas Road house for the rolls and they were out, and it just made me very upset because I drove a long way just for these rolls. Also, when we got here, they waited until we were seated and already ordered appetizers and drinks to tell us they were out of rolls.

• Mi
      20th of Sep, 2018
    Texas roadhouse Florence AL - Staff
    Florence al

When going to restroom I had to practically ask 2 employees to please move so I could enter the restroom. They were all hugged up in a very sexual position. They eventually moved. Then while waiting to order I witnessed them sharing the encounter so, therefore I did not order. Left and won't be back.

22nd of Oct, 2018
    Texas Roadhouse - service
    Butler Township
    Pennsylvania

never had issues before. had a party of 7. was put in a small booth. had to ask severl times for rolls. my plate and anothers plate was wrong. had gotten sweet tea. came around to fill up all glasses. she gave us all unsweet.one plate had onions when didnt order. and my plate a steak meal was put on a child size plate. this is uncalled for.

• Bi
      4th of Nov, 2018
    Texas Roadhouse - Service was bad
    Dothan Alabama

Service was bad ordered a onion did not get it did not get one last time I came the waitress was not very good had to wait 15 minutes to get something to drink this is been a ongoing thing