Texas Roadhouse / had to go away with an empty stomach!
I was in a group of ten that wanted to try your new restaurant. I have been to other Taxes Roadhouse restaurants and was thrilled when you opened in the area, but I was very disappointed with our service last night - January 18th.
Understanding that we had a large group we used your call ahead option.
We called the restaurant at approximately 4:55 for a 6:00 pm arrival time.
We were told that we could experience an additional wait time when we arrived. We were ok with that. At approximately 6:30, our pager/name was called and the hostess informed us it would be 5 minutes.
Again, not a problem. 5 minutes turned into 10 which turned into 20.
We approached the hostess again wanting to know what the hold-up was.
We were told the group occupying "our" table was chatting and as soon as they left we would be seated. After an additional 10 minutes - we were told the same thing. My main problem was, we informed the hostess that our group would split up in order to get us in. There were several groups of 5 that came in after us and were seated before us -- why were we not seated first when we said we would split up? When we pondered this to the hostess we were told that was "our" table and they were waiting for it to become vacant. What I don't understand was when we told the hostess we would be split up why we were not seated but rather bound to the original table assignment.
We ended up leaving without eating after waiting 1.5 hours in the store (total of 2.5 hours including phone in time). So because you wouldn't assign us a different table you lost the business of 10 people last night (18 January). I really wanted to try your restaurant and food, and I was very disappointed to go away with an empty stomach.
Antionette Frazier's Response, Aug 05, 2018
I really didn't appreciate it not one bit
More Texas Roadhouse Complaints & Reviews
- Texas Roadhouse - terrible employees 
- Texas Roadhouse - racist vandalism
- Texas Roadhouse - bad service, bad food 
- Texas Roadhouse - paid for another table's meal 
- Texas Roadhouse - too loud 
- Texas Roadhouse - management, hostess, service
- Texas Roadhouse - food
- Texas Roadhouse - hostess, manager and how we were treated for asking them to accommodate my party, there was 3 handicapped people and 2 more of us.
- Texas Roadhouse - service
- Texas Roadhouse - mixed up meals and lack of concern for the patrons