Texas Direct Auto / Beware! Texas BBB rating? F

Stafford, TX, United States Review updated:

TEXAS BBB Business Review Reliability Report for Texas Direct Auto as of May 2010
Rating: F

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F. Reasons for this F rating include:

76 complaints filed against business
Failure to respond to 34 complaints filed against business
8 complaints filed against business that were not resolved
Overall complaint history with BBB

Please note that the company claims all cars they sell are sold "As Is". In the State of Texas the Lemon Law covers brand new cars only, not USED cars. If a car is sold "as is" the company has no obligation to repair any item on the car once it is sold. Please check out the following link for information on Lemon Laws in different states http://www.123car.com/lemon/lemonbystate.html

Please have your own mechanic or a service check out the car before you make a purchase. There is no 3 Day Cooling off period for car purchases.

Business Contact & Profile

These agencies may include:
Texas Department of Public Safety [protected]

Texas Department of Transportation [protected]
Customer Complaint History Back to Top

When considering complaint information, please take into account the business's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

BBB processed a total of 76 complaint(s) about this business in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 76 complaint(s) closed in the last 36 months, 27 were closed in the last 12 months.

These complaints concerned:

32 regarding Refund Or Exchange Issues
7 regarding Repair Issues
14 regarding Selling Practices
3 regarding Service Issues

These complaints were closed as:

34 No Response
34 Resolved
21 Assumed Resolved
2 BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.
4 Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
1 Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
2 Resolved
2 The company and complainant did not have any marketplace interaction to warrant a complaint.

8 Unresolved

Comments

• To
      8th of Dec, 2010

I have followed Texas Direct Auto for the past 4 years, even drove out to there location in a old warehouse in south texas. Was I shocked to see what a customer would think after purchasing a vehicle online and driving up here to pick it up. It would have made my heart fall right out of my body, I would have thought I had gotten taken. There were around a 1000 vehicles parked in mud holes, what a sight to see. I could not understand how they were selling so many vehicles. But they were not selling to the drive by customers so in order to keep the cost down this is where they landed. Everyone wants to save money, but the old saying is still true today YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. The reason they can sell cheaper than other dealers is sure volume. I'm sure they loose money on 30% or more of which they sell. But they make it up in numbers so they may have issues now because of there growth. In time corp. america will take over and we will all be purchasing online.

• 12
      13th of Jun, 2011

Was going to purchase from Texas Auto Direct and put down a $500 deposit on the car I wanted. I was told I was allowed to take it to the mechanic of my choice, which I did just to ensure the car was sound. The car failed the mechanics review, so I did not purchase the car. Now they do not want to refund my deposit, even though thier policy states that they will refund the deposit if the car fails a mechanics inspection. Now they are treating me like it is my fault the mecanic did not approve the car, using all sorts of excuses and manipulation in order to not refund my deposit. BEWARE, do not give tem a deposit before you go look at the car and get the mechanic's inspection. They treat you nice when they want your money and extremely rude if you have any issues. I was really excited to get the car but now I am just so disappointed. Whole experiece left a 'bad taste' and I will NEVER go through them again.

30th of Jul, 2013

There are more cars/trucks in there inventory than you can imagine. This is what I noticed when I was there The inventory that the post on the internet, is trash, this how they get you hooked. Then when you get there you realise that the car is **** then your ******. So you have to look at something else, was fortunate in that I found a Mercedes that was in great condition. I looked in the glove box for receipts to tell me if the car was maintained. Called the shop where the work was done/verified it, checked the CARFAX very important.. Even called the previous owner that lived not to far away. She verified that the car was hers. It was a repo. Even looked up the NADA on the car. If you do not do your homework its your fault if you get a lemon. The only way to get your deposit back if there is nothing for you, is to threaten taking to small claims court or a letter from your friendly attorney. GOOD LUCK !!! THIS IS GOOD INFORMATION. IF YOU DONT FOLLOW THESE STEPS YOU MAY JUST GET A LEMON.