Telus Mobility

Posted:

very, very unhappy customer!

4.3
As a Telus customer for almost a year, I am very unhappy to say that my phone has consistently been giving me a lot of problems with reception, battery life, display problems, and sometimes I don't even receive calls or messages. When I called Telus on Tuesday July 4, 2006 for the first time, I was put of hold for 15 minutes until I finally hung up. Later that day I called again and talked to another representative, Carol. I told her the problem that I was having and explained that I had already sent the phone to be repaired once before with the same problems recurring.

This cellular phone is under warranty and I am regretting having a Telus phone, I would like someone to review this complaint. As a paying client, I feel as if my concerns are not taken seriously, please get back to me with respect to this urgent matter. If I did not need the use of a cellular phone, I would not have purchased one, I am a very, very unhappy customer.

Regards,
Orel.
Complaint comments Comments (101)    Updated: Complaint country Canada Complaint category Telecommunications

Comments

N  1st of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
OK, Telus decieved me, I signed up for internet and digital TV "Yes, sir it's a 6 megaBit connection" too bad NO, NONE, ZERO, mention was made that it shares bandwidth with the TV, (dropping to 2.7 megaBit or or 270 Kbytes a second) that's like a 28.8 dial up modem from 12 years ago.

Now I'm stuck with this damn connection that is about 1/4 of the 10 Megabit connection (that's 1.2 Megabytes a second) 8 bits in a byte, but it seems most sales people have NO clue! I had with shaw, and NO slowdown if your using the TV.

The only "Good" side is I get 3 months free (and the a $120.00 fee for canceling the contract early) hell considering the Sales people assured me of connection speed, I wonder if this contract could be void?
he doubt that, I'm sure their is some micro-text someplace that says " your speed sucks? while TOO BAD, we sold you the set up "as is".

Bottom Line, Not only should you AVOID telus like the plague, but tell ALL of your friends, Post it EVERYWHERE. I want this company to DIE.

*cheers*
A  10th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I also have a telus cell phone that I have had for a year, and it is the worst phone I have even owned. About a month ago the people at telus hung up on me after putting me on hold and transferring me several times about a problem that I had concerning their services and billing. I have just recently been looking for a new phone, and once I do, I will as well be bocotting them, and if anyone asks my advice, I will tell them to stay away from telus. They have the worst attidudes and are very accustitive, the phones themselves are terrible, and the company in all is a joke. They scam people and I advise anyone with a telus phone to buy a new phone.
A  11th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Check out my Telus complaint it is funny on how they are all relating to the same/similar topics:S
N  12th of Mar, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Well, I can echo much of the same sentiments, including being assaulted outside of a Telus store, by a Telus store representative. After phoning telus about this problem (after originally attempting to have my broken phone warrantied) I was offered a sales pitch of all things, on how they could SELL me something to make up for it. They refused to terminate the contract, and a DM in Calgary office by the name of Deanna advised me before I even mentioned something, to just go ahead and get a lawyer. So I am. And that is what I encourage anyone to do. Don't deal with this company, they are borderline criminal, and to be assaulted by their staff, and still have nothing done about it is testament to their operational concerns
A  12th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree with this complaint. Don't buy or deal with Telus. I had a HTC Touch Diamond. After 4 months it became defective. Not only were they unwilling to help me with this problem, I was followed outside the store by a Telus representative, and assaulted physically outside of my car. After contacting Telus about this, they offered to SELL me something to make up for it... I mean a Sales pitch after being assaulted? After this was unsatisfactory I requested to terminate the contract, and was told, sorry but there's nothing we can do for you about that. Now I am seeking legal representation for this circumstance.

Telus are thieves, and criminals, and they feel they can abuse their customers both verbally and physically and nothing is being done to stop this.
N  19th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I chose Telus' $20 for 200 minute plan in a 3 year contract (and a Motorola Razr2 PCS phone). I also agreed to try out some additional options like web access and text messaging knowing that each time "I used those options" there would be a charge but I wanted these options in case I needed to download updates from the web or if I wanted to send a text message. Unknown to me, simply by agreeing to have web access, Telus took it upon themselves to send my phone web update requests so each time I used my cell phone, it would check the web for updates and simply by agreeing to text messaging, Telus decided to send me daily informational text messages each of which cost me an additional $1.00. I was not a heavy cell phone user but I typically used my phone 3 or 4 times a month and I never sent a text message or checked the web myself but my monthly bills were close to $70.00 for this $20/200 plan. That is gouging the customer.
N  20th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I cancelled my landline service with Telus in on Jan 31, 2009.Since I had a probalem getting the service hooked up in Sept, 2008, took them 14 days took to connect me.I checked to make sure the phone was no longer in service. 11/2 months later I find that I am being charged for a phone that is not in service.I cancell the phone a second time in March, but find out 2 days later they didnt cancell my internet.When cancelling your service dont expect the operators to know that also means your internet.You must also be aware that Telus has fired all their supervisors, as a was unable to speck to one.
The operator all have different stories, so when dealing with a phone probalem try a couple operators.
Mr Yoerger
A  7th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have been a clearnet client then Telus took over. I had glitch and other bad CS experience which is to be expected from big companies. Now a year ago i decided to go with smart phone, which i was going to use fro my work as well, instead of carrying a pda and a cell. The phone work ok for 6 months and the phone started to act on me, BTW it is an HTC S640 do not get that! The only reason i got it was because it was the only one with wifi. Anyway, I started to get business calls dropped, i am freelancer so i need my phone!! I believe i lost 4 potentials because of this stupid phone. Since it was under warranty, i got it change, then the second phone was even worse, then the battery started to not hold the charge anymore! Keep in mind i sign a #$@% contract for 3 years with then and the phone give me trouble in my first 6 to 8 months!! So i go to a few store to get my battery changed, it is on back order... I talk to someone at Telus and i managed to get the head office to courier me a battery ( refurbished!! but a battery anyway) this was a back and forth that took 3 months!! Lucky me i am french so i don't have to wait for ever in queues!! So after all of this the calls still get dropped, teh key (of the new phone) lock the OS, i had to reset the smart phone everyweek at least once, i had to reactivate the phone all the time, and the phone just shutdown by itself!! The last drop was my bill! My bill for the past 9 years is between $45 to $70, my last bill jumped to $205!! WTF! My air time was up the roof! The freakin' phone was not closing calls and everytime it crashed during a call, it looked like it was off, but it was not! So i call the Telus and request to have my phone changed and to fix the stupid bill right away! After an hour of being told that i my probably calling and not knowing that i was calling, the ytold me that my warranty was off... Again after quite some time of politely arguing with the CS my bill was reduced to $140, and i got a $150 "Discount" on phone and service! But now what they don't tell you is that you get a freakin year added to your contract and you get a crappy phone, which is useless for me since now i am back with my pda. They wanted me to spend more cash for their crappy hardware... So now because i needed a phone they got me by the ballz, id not want to spend $300 in a new smartphone with some chances that it will fail in 2 months... Moral of the story i got so screwed by Telus, that as soon as i can afford it ( because the freakin $20 per month lock rape, thank you), i will take my numbers and the 2 phones account that i have and my 10+ years of loyalty that mean nada for them, and go to Virgin... So @#$%^YOU Telus and thanks again, for sucking me dry and making me loosing money!
N  5th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
Wow, what a bunch of whiners that can't take ownership of the misfortunes they have had. Seriously People, this drives me CRAZY hearing this B.S. for the most part. I do believe that most of you are at a muture enough age to call yourself 'adults'? If i am wrong in this assumption, please correct me. All that is being stated here is people are expecting SO much from this SERVICE provider to magically 'fix' everyones problems. Remember folks, TELUS is the NETWORK provider, they in NO way MANUFACTURE these phones. I have had an refurbished phone for 3 years, and have NEVER had an issue...do you know who I give CREDIT to for that...Samsung. Not Telus. I have never had an issue with my text messaging...do you know who I give credit to for that...Telus. bottom line is, you're carrying areound a phone, camera, and PC, all in your pocket or purse>DAILY. BE CAREFUL. If you're not...OWN up to it. SIMPLE.
N  10th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes

Telus &communications&(Ha!) - terrible customer service
TELUS
British Columbia
Canada

2 words for TELUS: NEVER AGAIN!
Communication should be removed from their name.

Talked me into getting the "FREE" for a limited time bundle, said I could cancel at any time, then when I tried to cancel they would not respond to emails and would put me on hold for long periods of time and then disconnect the calls. This happened to me repeatedly over a 5 month time frame.
Today I called and spoke to 4 different people, going throught the whole issue over and over only to get hung up on (after an hour of being on the phone.) This includes "Supervisors-who are always busy according to the phone reps. They disconnect too. They will ask you redundant questions (to appear as though they are trying to solve the problem) such as asking you to repeat your account information; they even asked me for my phone number several times-ha! Then you are transferred and put on hold again & again.
By the way it took them 5 months to remove the bundle($41/month) and I never was reimbursed for this. I just can't face the thought of trying to get my money back...I've wasted too much time already.
GOOD RIDDANCE TELUS...HELLO SHAW!
I consider myself to be a calm & rational person when dealing with problems and have never experienced such immature business practices before in my life.

(For the record this is the only bad review I've ever written...so you can see how steaming mad I am about this.)
A  14th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
AVOID TELUS LIKE THE PLAGUE!

The absolute worst phone company I have dealt with! The customer service wait line is horrendous-- expect to wait for at least 20 minutes to be greeted by snobby customer service representatives who may or may not HANG UP on you (after the horrendous wait time!).

I have a three year contract with Telus, the first two years were fine, however the past few months have been absolutely horrible, and speaking with family and friends-- I am obviously not alone.

I was charged for long distance phone calls that I did not make (I never make long distance nor do I pick up long distance phone calls on my cell phone). After calling Telus to inquire about these suspicious charges, their reply was "maybe you made them and just forgot about them". I didn't want to deal with the absolutely rude customer service rep so I decided to just pay the (fraudulent) $25.00 in LD charges.

A few weeks ago I made a call to Telus to temporarily disconnect my phone for three months as I was going on vacation. After waiting for half an hour for a customer service rep, I asked her how much the vacation disconnect would cost me, and if I could disconnect the service three days from the day I made that call. She completely ignored my inquiries and gave me irrelevant information in addition to INTERRUPTING me to the point where I couldn't help but stop speaking. She eventually hung up on me when I asked for her name and her supervisor!!!

I immediately called back and spoke to someone from a higher department to complain about the hang up; she assisted my call, and told me that my next billing cycle would amount up to $12.00 while the phone is on disconnect. I checked my bill this morning, and it is $52.00. It turns out they messed up my bill AGAIN!!! This is probably the fifth time!

I am NOT looking forward to dealing with the horrendous department Telus likes to call customer service representatives.
N  23rd of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have a Telus Pay & Talk phone. I have been falsely charged, thought the charges were reversed. Also I can not talk to someone on the phone UNLESS I have my phone on speaker-phone! I am curious to know if there is a way to fix this. I rarely use my phone for calls often getting me in trouble with my father. As well as when I am on the phone, everyone can hear my full conversation. I have also had problems recieving text messages...
N  30th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
telus is screwing with the long distance i got when i first got yak long distance they called me and said okay your service will be up and running by the 15th so that was fine and now just recently i called the number to check what provider i had for long distance and it was not yak it was telus like what happend if i never found that out i would have had a large bill and i would have got in ### for it since im not the one paying for the phone but anyhow i called yak and they said that it was inactive so they fixed the problem and said that i will be switch within 3-5 days
A  15th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
TELUS apparently seems to have an excess of business and cares NOT FOR CUSTOMER GROWTH. I had a family plan with 4 contracts (phones) for approximately 6 or more years with telus. My average monthly bill is in the $500 range for all phones per month. I have had ongoing issues with them on numerous occasions. TELUS'S CUSTOMER CARE IS NON EXISTANT. Seeking help, I went through a period of 2 weeks where I was on the phone with them between 6 and 9 pm. daily. I had to repeat the issue, go through all the trials to get the issue solved, and then was told it's been escalated and a manager would call me the next day during business hours. NO CALL. I would call back and the same would happen all over again. I am one day away from the end of my contracts and i CANNOT WAIT.

An IRATE TELUS Customer
N  11th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Telus Mobility - EXTORTION
TELUS MOBILITY
7614 24 st se
Calgary
Alberta
Phone: 403-279-2133

as of Oct. 9th 2009. I payed 300.00 dollars to TELUS MOBILITY. and they said that I would have to pay 250.00 dollars to get my phone back spoke to a woman that said that she was the manager. BUT!!! when I spoke to Juan! he said. and I QUOTE "There is no manager to speak with" So I am very upset that Telus would let me down like this...As I have been with them since 1998. Why would they want to screw a costomer that has been with them for eleven years????????????????????????
N  21st of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Telus/samsung Phones - poor phones, poor service
Telus
Toronto
Ontario
Canada

Telus is the worst, most poorly equipped phone company. Not only they don't have the latest and greatest but their stupid phones all have changed menus to their incredibly ugly telus menu icons, they just could not be worse. Phones are poor, selection is poor. Service is expensive. Customer service is extremely unhelpful. AND MOST OF ALL, BEWARE OF SAMSUNG PHONES, not only from Telus but in general, they are the ugliest, most counterintuitive, user unfriendly, crappy, disfunctional, slow phones this planet has ever seen. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me they say... I will not be fooled twice, no more samsung, no more Telus! THEY BOTH SUCK BIG TIME!!!
A  28th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Ollie said:
My son lived in Vancouver until Nov 2008. He paid his Telus bills on time. He was moving to another place in Vancouver and didn't need the phone. He had to return the Telus Equipment as instructed by Telus emopyees by using Canada post to send the equipment to Telus warehouse in Edmonton. He filled out Tellus paperwork and put it in the Canada Post box. My son got a tracking number on a strip of paper that identified the box. The box was sent and my son assumed that he was free and clear of Telus. He kept getting letters from Telus about the phone equipment and in January 2009, my son phoned and Telus employee said it normally took 6 months to clear the books. My son left Vancouver for a job on the east coast and had his friend forward his mail. He still has not got the mail through Canada post sent in May 2009. There might have been vital information in these mailing that might have changed the course of history. Now to make the story complete, Telus says it doesn't have the phone equipment and sold the cost of replacement to a collection agency. My son is now back in Vancouver to try and sort this out. Telus says the they need the tracking number. They have "stonewalled" him. A small piece of paper, assurance that everything would be OK after six month, moving to the other side of the country, no email communication about the lost item, no tracking number! Implication: my son owes $600.00 to the collection agency, not Telus and because my son's account was given to the collection agency, he is now redflagged and will have a bad credit rating for SEVEN years by the credit bureau. If he goes to apply for a loan, he can expect to pay higher interest rates. Lots of
implications because he lost the tracking number. Telus says if he wants them to track the package, they need the tracking
number. If they somehow found my son's equipment, they would have to admit they made a mistake AND write an official letter to the credit bureau to get my son's name off the "redflag" list. My son tried to ask Canada Post if they had some kind
of cross-reference between the tracking number and my son's name but no go. Smells like a money grab by Telus. Very poor
customer service.

HELP: any suggestions would be appreciated as how to we can resolve this problem and get Telus to listen to my son's side
of the story. An advocate for customer complaints against Telus?? Thank you.
N  9th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am VERY displeased with Telus right now. Firstly, I am constantly getting mixed answers from those who work in the stores to those who work at the customer care line etc. Many times I have been told of a promotion etc. only to find out from phoning Telus that that isn't true.

Lately, however, I have been having horrible service with my text messaging. Many of my texts are not being sent, nor am I receiving very many. This is extremely irritating because I pay good money to ensure that this doesn't happen. I almost feel inclined to ask for some form of compensation because I feel like I'm being ripped off. I pay good money for good service, and instead I get a pot of mud.
N  13th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

Telus Cell Phone - billing and phone centre
Telus
Ontario
Canada

I purchased a Telus cell phone and I activiated the phone on line. I purchased a pay as you go account but since I had given my credit card information Telus has decided to charge me the maximum allowable costs. I had registered to be notifiedn of when I need to add more funds to the account but Telus decided to do it at an extra ordinary rate for me

As well, I spent 2 hours on the phone with thier callcentre and was sent up to their support team - a Melissa disconnected the phone and a simone had absolutley no idea what she was speaking about - in fact I believe they keep you on the phone just to frustrate you

Simone says - I understand how frustrated you are - she is paid to do this and does not know at all what she is doing - this is the responsibiity of Telus
N  19th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

Telus Quebec - coustomer service
telus quebec
Québec
Canada

i have called telus for my phone service they said would cost me 41 a month the said my phone would be in tomorrow .well that is not going to happen they want a deposite thay i do not have .i am sick and need my home phone .i tryed to explain this to the jerk on the phone that i am on a fixed income that i can pay my bill but dont have money for deposites .he wouldnt let me talk just kept cutting me off .and i told him would you let me talk .so i told him again that i cannot pay a deposit he said well i guess you have no phone then right .I have wrote the head office 2 times already and never get an ans they wont pass me to a manager or anything .they are rude and are in need of people skills .inthe mean time i am left with no phone .i have heart palpations asthma and diabetic .and the will not give me my phone what happens if i pass out no phone .what can i do now .Theresa Leblanc

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree