Telkom SA SOC / telkom integrated data sim

South Africa Review updated:

I got my Integrated Data Sim on 5 January 2017 and was told to allow 48 hours for activation of the service. It is now more than a month later and despite several HOURS on the phone to 10210, 10213 and 081180, as well as 4 visits to different Telkom shops I am still not able to use the Integrated Data Sim. Not one of the more than 10 customer service persons that I spoke to has been able to get my Integrated data service to work. They have logged several faults with reference numbers, but 3 weeks down the line I have not had a single feedback message.
My ADSL line is very unreliable and therefore it is important to me to have a failover sim connection available.
The landline number where the ADSL is installed is [protected] and the Sim number is [protected]

An
Feb 6, 2017

Comments

• He
      7th of Feb, 2017

Put your sim into a phone to check for signal. If you don't get any then no activation has been done. If it gives you TELKOM SA you good, but whatever device you put it in needs to be modified . You must create a new APN with the apn named TelkomInternet. That's the only format that works with the capital T and I. Also remember that this sim ONLY works where there are TELKOM towers. It won't work on MTN roaming. You need to go into the device you will use settings to change the APN

11th of Feb, 2017

Thanks for the info, but I did all of that from the beginning. I have 4 bar Telkom 3G signal, so it is activated. The APN has been changed to TelkomInternet (also tied it with small letters and TelkomSAinternet as advised by call operators)
    When I try to connect to internet I get messgage "Out of bundle" despite having used none

• He
      11th of Feb, 2017

@Andre Troskie TelkomInternet should be the only apn. If that out of bundle message comes up it seems they either gave you a normal pre paid sim( thats just stupid). an integrated sim is connected to your adsl profile on their system. go to your nearest shop, ask them : is this connected to my adsl profile? ask them to make sure its not a normal pre paid sim . i use mine and it works perfect.