Telkom SA SOC

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 by

telkom customer complaint against the technicians and call centre

Kraaifontein, South Africa
telkom.co.za
Good afternoon

I am very upset with Telkom...
This is my 52nd email to telkom about my ADSL line problem and still no feedback??
What's the problem with Telkom that that are not able to come and fix my ADSL line and do the job that they get paid for???
I am going to lay a complaint against telkom today at the national consumer commission, ombudsman, SA brands and wherever else I can lay a complaint because I am fed up with you at telkom not being able to come and fix my ADSL line problem.
Everyday they tell me a technician is going to come and fix their faulty ADSL lines and problems.
Did the technician get lost or what???
Because I am here at home every day and all day and no technician has shown up.
I would like feedback on this matter as soon as possible.
Regards
Michael Van De Venter
0711105573 / 0765698888
Complaint comments Comments (7)    Updated: Complaint country South Africa Complaint category Internet Services

Comments

N  28th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
Dear complaints department, I have been a satisfied Telkom internet subscriber for many years but recently I have lost faith in your service. My landline has been down for the past four months due to cable theft and I got a phone call by one of your agents advising me that an alternative solution is being looked into to solve the constant problem of the cable being stolen. For some reason, which no one can explain to me, my internet still works but my phone line doesn't! It hasn't bothered me because the internet works but I got a call from someone trying to sell me a wireless option, after careful consideration that my internet still works I told the person that I don't wan't the wireless option. Today I find my bill reflects that I was indeed signed up with the wireless option, I haven't received the modem or any related equipment which is supposed to come with this package but am being charged for it? I wen't to a Telkom direct office in Clearwater mall only to be told that they can't help me with this and that it can only be done over the phone, so what's the point of these offices? Totally useless. The assistant typed in my phone number on the consul in the shop and soon a consultant phoned me while I was there. I got transferred to five different people who couldn't help me and eventually was told that the relevant department only works during office hours??! So why the hell wasn't I told in the first place that no one could help me today?

I used to be a satisfied customer but not anymore and wouldn't recommend your service.

Stephen Tegner
084 804 3460
N  31st of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have logged a call for intermittent ADSL problems on the 27th of September 2017 (numerous calls was logged for the same issue in the past and never resolved). An appointment for today was made last week and was confirmed with 3 SMS's, and today I took off from work (I am being paid on an hourly basis) to be at home so Telkom can assist in resolving the problem. As to be expected no one came to my house and I lost half a days salary for nothing. If you schedule an appointment I expect you to make the effort to show up.

This is pathetic service to say the least and I want a full refund of last months payment as the ADSL connection is still not fixed.

Dawid Marx
N  9th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
I am so frustrated and so, so disappointed in the Technical service of Telkom. My previous complaint on the Telkom fb page (23 October 2017):
My mother is 83 years young. Living alone and dependent on her telephone if something happens (God forbid!). After severe thunderstorm, the landline is off. We reported it 3 weeks ago and still nothing from Telkom!! She is receiving SMSs explaining that Telkom is working on the problem and they know her frustration!! Well, I’m now frustrated. Would Telkom understand if my mother did not pay her accounts diligently every month before the due date???
Update: The fault was reported 3 times after the first time. On Monday I reported it again, using the same number that has been sent to my mother via sms, numerous times. (So, NO, it is not reported as a new fault!!!) Monday, I was given a new number, because the fault was now placed on a priority list. Today, I inquire about the progress and now Telkom is waiting for a part that is needed to fix the line!! I am waiting for a supervisor to call me back.
I will keep Telkom accountable if something should happen to my mother. I am now fed-up!!
N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
I logged a technical problem 1 November regarding my ADSL Line at home. My account is currently in credit so there no problems with payment. Well after numerous calls to the Call Centre and everyday speaking to a different consultant my line have been tested re tested and tested again. I ask for a Technician to come out to my premises to check what is going on. NO TECHNICIAN YET!!!NO FEEDBACK!!! I have received so many escalation Ref Numbers I don't know where to write it down anymore. If I phone Call Centre and demand to speak to Supervisor there is no Supervisor available to speak to me. I leave messages for then to phone me back...STILL WAITING FOR ANY SUPERVISOR TO PHONE...Pathetic Service...Proudly South African!!! Yesterday when I phoned the consultant informed me there was no Technician logged...wow!!! No I will post on every social network how lousy TELKOM is maybe I will get response...last night my ADSL worked at 00:00 I was wondering who will be using it at that time well I pay for 00:00 as well...this morning it was off again. I am so fed up with TELKOM. Where are there Head Office so I can burn it down!!! Its the 15th November today maybe it will be sorted out Christmas!!! Telkom maybe if somebody professional and with some sense of spark see this please phone me 0118941140 Natasha Grobler. Thank You Telkom!!!For Nothing!!!
N  24th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Good morning, please attend my struggle urgently, my number : 0815355731 I can only call and SMS but I can't receive both ... I have tried to call your customer service but no luck there, my call is not picked up ...please help me
N  2nd of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
I can't blame the call centre agents for the non existence of service. They can only log complaints. I blame the top eschelon of Telkom's management. It all starts at the top and that's where heads should roll first. No service for 10 days now and nobody cares!!! Why? Because they don't need to.
Telkom thinks its giving a service by asking the irate customer to participate in a survey. Which strategic genius in the top eschelon thought up the survey? Question 1. Would you recommend Telkom to any of your friends - are you crazy?Question 2. How would you rate the agents knowledge of our products? Who cares just get my phone line fixed.
Question 3. What was the reason that you rated us at 0? Because I did not have an option to vote you any lower.
Question 4. This is just genius. Were you satisfied with the service you have received? I've just told the them that there is no service and they ask if I am satisfied?
N  5th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
Dear Telkom
I am very frustrated and disappointed in the service I am receiving. On Friday my phone got delivered, i called in and was told the SIM will be activated tomorrow meaning Saturday. i called in on Saturday and was told it will be done on Monday. I called in on Monday after waiting for some time on the line and was then told the agent is going to log a call for the sim to activated, I mean how long does this take.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree