Telkom SA SOC / contact problems.
I have joined Telkom mobile last year, when I took out a Hauwei P8 lite phone. They deducted money from my account to verify my bank details and then I had to phones several times for them to deliver the device. When I received the device, I saw that the wrist band which was also in the deal was not in the package which was delivered.
After that, I saw that they now also charged me more for this contract that I was originally supposed to pay.
This year in January I took out 2 Hauwei P9 lite phones at the Telkom branch in Alberton. I told them that I don't want an open line, since these phones would be for my, but would be presents. The guy who helped me that the phones will unfortunately it cannot be limited and would be open for January and February, but as soos as it reaches R500 it would cut off the usage and would not charge more. I then asked him several times if this would not charge me more than the R500 and that the data limit would kick in automatically at the end of February, and he promised me that it would.
I have been charged more than the R500 extra on my account and the data limit never kicked in as promised to my by the person at Alberton Telkom. I then asked for a case to be registered for this problem Case no. [protected], but was told that it was my responsibility to take control of my spend limited, after I was promised that for the first 2 months my Bill will not go higher then R500 and that the open line would be cut after on the first of March without me having to phone in.
Please investigate this. Listen to the first contact's voice recording as well.
Hope to hear from you soon.
More Telkom SA SOC Complaints & Reviews
- Telkom SA - accounts department 
- Telkom - service not just serious it is ridiculous! 
- Telkom SA - slow adsl connection 
- Telkom/ Adsl Line - service and fault non-repairs 
- Telkom Mobile - fraud/identity theft 
- Telkom SA SOC - landline not activated after 12 phone calls
- Telkom SA SOC - telkom line faulty in over a year
- Telkom SA SOC - impossible to cancel
- Telkom SA SOC - wrong billing for no data.
- Telkom SA SOC - billings and inactive internet / wifi line since feb 2018