Telkom SA / accounts department

1 South Africa Review updated:

Telkom have charged me for a line rental when the telephone was not working,
whilst disputing the accounts record and calling many times I have received a non-existant service and the communication between their technical fault and accounts department has been abismal!

They have now transferred the matter onto a debt collector as they are unable to answer my questions regarding the account.

Such a pity that we have only one Telecommunications provider in SA. We need competition!

Comments

• Ki
      24th of Sep, 2010
    Telkom Sa - I find it unacceptable that Telkom can barely offer me 1MB on my 4Mb line when they are in the process of investigating 8MB lines
    Telkom SA
    telkom.co.za

As and ADSL reseller, I am really *** of with the service I have received form Telkom regarding my ADSL line,

The fault was reported (dropping the line every 4-5min) on Monday 05.10.2009 and a technician (Norman) was dispatched to site, first he was rude and expected to use my laptop and equipment to check the line rather than his own that he had left in his van!!! he changed the port and left, 10 minutes later I had no ADSL at all, typical...

We reported the issue again and the same technician (Norman) was sent to site today Friday 09.10.2009, again he changes the port and told me that the port was fine but no Internet was available on the port. I asked him if he was going to resolve this issue his answer was not going to do anything further and would call me later to see if I had Internet. I find this unacceptable as he has done this once before with no result.

I have now thrown Norman off site and will not allow him back on site due to his rude approach (remember we are the customer) and inability to resolve our problem.

I also find it unacceptable that Telkom can barely offer me 1MB on my 4Mb line when they are in the process of investigating 8MB lines...

28th of Sep, 2010
    Telkom Sa - 6 months and still no ADSL and no feedback
    Telkom SA
    telkom.co.za

I applied for ADSL in March 2009. My phone line was installed within 3 days, but I was informed that a project was underway to upgrade my exchange and that I would only get ADSL in May 2009.

In May 2009 I contacted Telkom and was informed that my ADSL would only be ready in June 2009 (estimated date...) in the beginning of June, the new date was August 2009. In August the new date was January 2010 and now in October, the new date is February 2010.

Who is the project manager at Telkom? I would like to meet this guygal! How do they kick-off their project meetings? Do they stick a calendar to the wall and use darts to determine their project end dates?

I have phoned Telkom and visited the Telkom direct shop a number of times over the last 6 months and NO-ONE can tell me whether the project is underway and if it will ever be finished. I've heard horror stories about Telkom in the past, but I guess you have to experience it for yourself to find out just how poor their service delivery is. The worst part is, I can't give them the finger and take my money someplace else, because they are the only company (at this point in time) who can supply ADSL.

• Ru
      14th of May, 2011

dear sir/madam
    i:m very angry about you guys: i went to westgate mall . i close my account not have service with you about you are still billing me why and what for because i close that account two month ago at westgate mall, sorry fix this thing it make me angry
    0833441111 my telephone no taht you still billing me is 0119886392 because i close it personal that account .my name is rudolf duba id no 7102105580085 phone me if comes to pushbecause iwould pay something that im not using it please

• Ur
      22nd of May, 2011

I am a new client and for 2 weeks a straggel to talk to someone by telkom. All a need is to email my account to me email urshla .[protected]@yahoo.com phone nr are 015 2974956 a need to make a payment please

• Ki
      26th of May, 2011

I am from a telecommunications company that is Telkom independent and can take away your pain. We provide Voice over Internet with excellent voice quality which will save you an average of 30% on your current Telkom monthly bill. We can also provide faster, reliable internet through ADSL and wireless connection and we can also boost your ADSL speed to 4Mb or more. You can call me on 076 186 7161 (Katlego), will be looking forward to hearing from you.
    Guaranteed Quality of service

• Ca
      3rd of Jun, 2011

I am very upset that telkom has listed me on the credit breaux has account handedover, when my bill has been paid in full and nothing is owing to them, they have handed me to lawyers when they made a mistake on the account and incorrectly billed me .my contact details is 084 317 2683 such ignorance is unacceptable and i want my name cleared NOW

• Re
      27th of Oct, 2011

if telkom refuses to refund a credit which their own forensics department has found owing to you, then surely that is an unpaid debt and therefore we can hand telkom over to a credit bureau? i am certainly going to try that avenue.

21st of Dec, 2011
    Telkom SA - Telkom seem to be incapable to handle or resolving this issue.

To whom it may concern,

Ref: 421CRK101111, 397CRK251111, 487CRK071211

This is the Same Fault, which is handled in this manner. I have a very slow ADSL service at 1mb per second. I have a 384 ASDL line and I barely get 1 MB per second download.
    I am appalled by the fact that Telkom seem to be incapable to handle or resolving this issue. All my following up which I have done, seem to be full of promises and lies with no real result from Telkom which result in NO!! Service to me as the client. Yet I am expected to pay for a service either way.
    I have done various tests from my side, as it seems Telkom are unable to resolve or even find the fault.
    The speed does not seem to be the issue, as it shows that there are 200ms + “Latency” which will result in the following. Although the theoretical peak bandwidth of a network connection is fixed according to the technology used, the actual bandwidth you will obtain varies over time and is affected by high latencies. Excessive latency creates bottlenecks that prevent data from filling the network pipe, thus decreasing effective bandwidth. The impact of latency on network bandwidth can be temporary (lasting a few seconds) or persistent (constant) depending on the source of the delays.
    Based on the test which I have done, it clearly shows excessive latency, with signs of compression which means that Telkom have put restrictions on my line.
    Based on how my web pages are displayed and the way it respond, my connection clearly shows that latency to be the issue here.

• Fr
      29th of Apr, 2012
    Telkom - Rude telemarketer
    Malaysia

Dear Telekom,

I have just received your telemarketer about upgrading my streamyx from 2MB to 4MB. After all her explanations about the upgrading, i told her i would comsider and call her back. And you have a very rude telemarketer lady told me she must have a confimed answer NOW. Then I say I may call her back, I ask can you give me sometime to think about it, and she was rude enough to hang up on me just like that. May I know is that how your training center trained them to treat the consumer that way? Please advise.

• Mu
      26th of Jun, 2012

give wrong package phone 100times last month. i told me i have to phone end of may so they give a new package on that day and told me iam not goning pay for wrong package, 0215729126 i now if have right package at all. mushfieka williams

• Do
      18th of Oct, 2012

Good day I would appreciate it if you could open my account I did pay it at 14h00 on 18 Oct 2012. This is a bussiness line so please we can not do business. Thank you M du Toit

• Ro
      17th of Jan, 2013
    Telkom - Cresta - Unhelpful and rude
    TELKOM
    South Africa

Been at telkom in cresta a few times to pay my account, this morning a very unhelpfull lady by the name of nomsa says she cant assist without the statment, first i have not received it second i have been there many times to pay without the receipt, she was rude and unhelpfull. Its very easy to check on the system with the telephone number and pick up the amount due, but she was too lazy to check,

• Ta
      25th of Jan, 2013

I have been trying to get an ADSL line since May 2012, it's now January 2013. They keep giving me excuses, but nobody actually can tell me why they can't install an ADSL line. They say there is no infrastructure in my area, but there are half a dozen businesses across my road, they have ADSL and Wi-Fi spots, so why is it so difficult to get my line installed?

8th of Apr, 2013
    8ta - very bad service
    South Africa

I ordered two cell phones on the 29th Jan 2013, received them eventually on the 27th Feb but the existing numbers had not been ported on to the new phones. This was only done on the 05 APRIL !!
    The service has been the most shocking imaginable. Numerous emails were never responded to nor werephone call returned as promised. I am deeply sorry that I ever heard of 8Ta or got involved with anything to do with Telkom.

• Mi
      9th of Apr, 2013

I don't think Telkom knows what they are doing. They only hire incompetent people as I am also having the same problem and can't get any result from them

• Kh
      18th of Apr, 2013
    Telkom - fraud
    Telkom
    South Africa

There was a promotion happening in October 2012 where consultants who work for Telkom came to Absa life promoting the ADSL package. The consultants told us that once you signed up, you would not be charged for three months for the activation. Two months later, a tecnician was appointed to install the ADSL at my house, but was not done correctly. i called the telkom helpdesk to find out why they keep charging me for something that doesnt work, and no resolution was provided. Now i have been handed over to the attorneys to say i owe R1200 on an coount that never worked. who must pay for such services?
    Iam bitterly dissapointed at this outcome and professionalism of how this has been handled without even finding what the issue is.

• Mk
      21st of Apr, 2013

I first reported the line fault on 7 /4. I was given a ref fault number 860crk050413.
    Repeated calls for a report and or to speak to a supervisor on the fault have fallen on deaf ears. Most frustrating, pathetic service .

• Mo
      16th of Sep, 2015

I had a contract for a mobile rooter for 2 years I was told that close to the time that the contract was due to expire I would be contacted by Telkom to discuss moving forward with the contract or I would be given the opportunity to change the contract. After 2 years the rooter would be mind. I was shocked to fine that in August Telkom deducted R1, 248 from my bank account without telling me. As the contract had expired I was charge the full amount for 5 gb. I immediately went into the Sea point branch of Telkom to sort the matter our. The staff was less than helpful, placed me on a phone here I sat for over 20mintues on hold waiting for a response to the complaint. Eventually a case number was logged. As I had not been contacted by anyone from telecom. After numerous phone calls etc. I was given a refund. I went to the Kenilworth Telkom store filled out the cancellation forms and took out a new contract (chad Daries -sales assistant). I was contacted a few days later by Glory Mashego. She promised that the matter would be sorted out. I then received an sms invoice stating that another R905 would be deducted from my account on the 15th September as my contact was still active. I gain went to Kenilworth store and spoke to Chad and asked for the matter to be sorted out. Less than helpful staff again. he informed me that Glory was the person responsible for sorting the situation out. I emailed glory on the 8th August along with chad and the ceo. I received and email from Glory on 8th August stating she remembered my case and would get back to me as soon as. Today is the 16th September and I still have not heard from anyone from Telkom. I have again sent the CEO Glory and Chad emails. Please can someone in the complaints department sort this matter out. My cell number is 082 449 3019

To
    Chad Daries (C)

CC
    [protected]@yahoo.com

Aug 26

Good day Chad

Trust that you are well.

A reminder that you should please process the request logged by the customer over the weekend.

Customer details are as follows:

103364256, MOIRA'S UNIQUE SPECIALISED TOURS, Business – MSISDN: 0614091768

• Kh
      4th of Oct, 2015

On the 11/03/2015 at 15h03 I called Telkom(10210) from 012 741 6901 number to upgrade my line speed and downgrade the data. A consultant by the name of Thobeka Luthuli upgared my line (order number 117112114A) and she advised me that my total monthly bill will be R469, 00 excluding the outgoing call that i will make. It was to my surprise when i received my bill month end and it was over R2000. I managed to dispute it with telkom and the following month bill was R198, which was also low because there was a service interuption. As i thought maybe the problem was resolved, It all started again and from that time I've been overbilled everymonth. I called again and spoke to Anemarie Swanepoel (Ref: 27578630) who confirmed that I'm supposed to be billed only R469, 00 and she can see on the system that it is a special package for me and she promised that month end it would be resolved. unfortunately i still got overbilled month end and I called again where a conference call was initiated between Sales and Billing department as well as myself (Date: 15/07/2015, Time: 10:30, Consulatant: Thembi Qabashe). They have promised me that the billing error would be resolved and if it doesn't, then I must request for this conversation recording as a proof that there is an error on my account. On the 15 September at 08:50 i called again from 012 741 6901 and spoke to Mr Kelen Naidoo who advised that he is going to inevstigate and came back to me but unfortunately I never heard from him since. Everything month I've been paying R500 and this is becoming a problem becausing it is causing arrears on my account and it will lead ti the suspension of my line. May kindly please go back to the recording and rectify my account. if this is not done, my next step is to take legal action since I've been strugling with this from the first month I have upgraded my line.

12th of Oct, 2015

I ordered a phone online with Telkom two weeks back and an agent called me NOKUBONGA and my order was approved and money debited in my account but I still haven't received my phone till this day.
    their call center is ridiculous I hold for more than 30 minutes I want to cancel the order and get my money back and i'm not updated on the status of my order. please email me [protected]@gmail.com or 0727157034