Telkom SA / accounts department

South Africa Review updated:

Telkom have charged me for a line rental when the telephone was not working,
whilst disputing the accounts record and calling many times I have received a non-existant service and the communication between their technical fault and accounts department has been abismal!

They have now transferred the matter onto a debt collector as they are unable to answer my questions regarding the account.

Such a pity that we have only one Telecommunications provider in SA. We need competition!

Comments

• Ki
      24th of Sep, 2010
    Telkom Sa - I find it unacceptable that Telkom can barely offer me 1MB on my 4Mb line when they are in the process of investigating 8MB lines
    telkom.co.za

As and ADSL reseller, I am really *** of with the service I have received form Telkom regarding my ADSL line,

The fault was reported (dropping the line every 4-5min) on Monday 05.10.2009 and a technician (Norman) was dispatched to site, first he was rude and expected to use my laptop and equipment to check the line rather than his own that he had left in his van!!! he changed the port and left, 10 minutes later I had no ADSL at all, typical...

We reported the issue again and the same technician (Norman) was sent to site today Friday 09.10.2009, again he changes the port and told me that the port was fine but no Internet was available on the port. I asked him if he was going to resolve this issue his answer was not going to do anything further and would call me later to see if I had Internet. I find this unacceptable as he has done this once before with no result.

I have now thrown Norman off site and will not allow him back on site due to his rude approach (remember we are the customer) and inability to resolve our problem.

I also find it unacceptable that Telkom can barely offer me 1MB on my 4Mb line when they are in the process of investigating 8MB lines...

28th of Sep, 2010
    Telkom Sa - 6 months and still no ADSL and no feedback
    telkom.co.za

I applied for ADSL in March 2009. My phone line was installed within 3 days, but I was informed that a project was underway to upgrade my exchange and that I would only get ADSL in May 2009.

In May 2009 I contacted Telkom and was informed that my ADSL would only be ready in June 2009 (estimated date...) in the beginning of June, the new date was August 2009. In August the new date was January 2010 and now in October, the new date is February 2010.

Who is the project manager at Telkom? I would like to meet this guygal! How do they kick-off their project meetings? Do they stick a calendar to the wall and use darts to determine their project end dates?

I have phoned Telkom and visited the Telkom direct shop a number of times over the last 6 months and NO-ONE can tell me whether the project is underway and if it will ever be finished. I've heard horror stories about Telkom in the past, but I guess you have to experience it for yourself to find out just how poor their service delivery is. The worst part is, I can't give them the finger and take my money someplace else, because they are the only company (at this point in time) who can supply ADSL.

• Ru
      14th of May, 2011

dear sir/madam
    i:m very angry about you guys: i went to westgate mall . i close my account not have service with you about you are still billing me why and what for because i close that account two month ago at westgate mall, sorry fix this thing it make me angry
    0833441111 my telephone no taht you still billing me is 0119886392 because i close it personal that account .my name is rudolf duba id no 7102105580085 phone me if comes to pushbecause iwould pay something that im not using it please

• Ur
      22nd of May, 2011

I am a new client and for 2 weeks a straggel to talk to someone by telkom. All a need is to email my account to me email urshla .[protected]@yahoo.com phone nr are 015 2974956 a need to make a payment please

• Ki
      26th of May, 2011

I am from a telecommunications company that is Telkom independent and can take away your pain. We provide Voice over Internet with excellent voice quality which will save you an average of 30% on your current Telkom monthly bill. We can also provide faster, reliable internet through ADSL and wireless connection and we can also boost your ADSL speed to 4Mb or more. You can call me on 076 186 7161 (Katlego), will be looking forward to hearing from you.
    Guaranteed Quality of service

• Ca
      3rd of Jun, 2011

I am very upset that telkom has listed me on the credit breaux has account handedover, when my bill has been paid in full and nothing is owing to them, they have handed me to lawyers when they made a mistake on the account and incorrectly billed me .my contact details is 084 317 2683 such ignorance is unacceptable and i want my name cleared NOW

• Re
      27th of Oct, 2011

if telkom refuses to refund a credit which their own forensics department has found owing to you, then surely that is an unpaid debt and therefore we can hand telkom over to a credit bureau? i am certainly going to try that avenue.

21st of Dec, 2011
    Telkom SA - Telkom seem to be incapable to handle or resolving this issue.

To whom it may concern,

Ref: 421CRK101111, 397CRK251111, 487CRK071211

This is the Same Fault, which is handled in this manner. I have a very slow ADSL service at 1mb per second. I have a 384 ASDL line and I barely get 1 MB per second download.
    I am appalled by the fact that Telkom seem to be incapable to handle or resolving this issue. All my following up which I have done, seem to be full of promises and lies with no real result from Telkom which result in NO!! Service to me as the client. Yet I am expected to pay for a service either way.
    I have done various tests from my side, as it seems Telkom are unable to resolve or even find the fault.
    The speed does not seem to be the issue, as it shows that there are 200ms + “Latency” which will result in the following. Although the theoretical peak bandwidth of a network connection is fixed according to the technology used, the actual bandwidth you will obtain varies over time and is affected by high latencies. Excessive latency creates bottlenecks that prevent data from filling the network pipe, thus decreasing effective bandwidth. The impact of latency on network bandwidth can be temporary (lasting a few seconds) or persistent (constant) depending on the source of the delays.
    Based on the test which I have done, it clearly shows excessive latency, with signs of compression which means that Telkom have put restrictions on my line.
    Based on how my web pages are displayed and the way it respond, my connection clearly shows that latency to be the issue here.

• Fr
      29th of Apr, 2012
    Telkom - Rude telemarketer
    Malaysia

Dear Telekom,

I have just received your telemarketer about upgrading my streamyx from 2MB to 4MB. After all her explanations about the upgrading, i told her i would comsider and call her back. And you have a very rude telemarketer lady told me she must have a confimed answer NOW. Then I say I may call her back, I ask can you give me sometime to think about it, and she was rude enough to hang up on me just like that. May I know is that how your training center trained them to treat the consumer that way? Please advise.

• Mu
      26th of Jun, 2012

give wrong package phone 100times last month. i told me i have to phone end of may so they give a new package on that day and told me iam not goning pay for wrong package, 0215729126 i now if have right package at all. mushfieka williams

• Do
      18th of Oct, 2012

Good day I would appreciate it if you could open my account I did pay it at 14h00 on 18 Oct 2012. This is a bussiness line so please we can not do business. Thank you M du Toit

• Ro
      17th of Jan, 2013
    Telkom - Cresta - Unhelpful and rude
    TELKOM
    South Africa

Been at telkom in cresta a few times to pay my account, this morning a very unhelpfull lady by the name of nomsa says she cant assist without the statment, first i have not received it second i have been there many times to pay without the receipt, she was rude and unhelpfull. Its very easy to check on the system with the telephone number and pick up the amount due, but she was too lazy to check,

• Ta
      25th of Jan, 2013

I have been trying to get an ADSL line since May 2012, it's now January 2013. They keep giving me excuses, but nobody actually can tell me why they can't install an ADSL line. They say there is no infrastructure in my area, but there are half a dozen businesses across my road, they have ADSL and Wi-Fi spots, so why is it so difficult to get my line installed?

8th of Apr, 2013
    8ta - very bad service
    South Africa

I ordered two cell phones on the 29th Jan 2013, received them eventually on the 27th Feb but the existing numbers had not been ported on to the new phones. This was only done on the 05 APRIL !!
    The service has been the most shocking imaginable. Numerous emails were never responded to nor werephone call returned as promised. I am deeply sorry that I ever heard of 8Ta or got involved with anything to do with Telkom.

• Mi
      9th of Apr, 2013

I don't think Telkom knows what they are doing. They only hire incompetent people as I am also having the same problem and can't get any result from them

• Kh
      18th of Apr, 2013
    Telkom - fraud
    South Africa

There was a promotion happening in October 2012 where consultants who work for Telkom came to Absa life promoting the ADSL package. The consultants told us that once you signed up, you would not be charged for three months for the activation. Two months later, a tecnician was appointed to install the ADSL at my house, but was not done correctly. i called the telkom helpdesk to find out why they keep charging me for something that doesnt work, and no resolution was provided. Now i have been handed over to the attorneys to say i owe R1200 on an coount that never worked. who must pay for such services?
    Iam bitterly dissapointed at this outcome and professionalism of how this has been handled without even finding what the issue is.

• Mk
      21st of Apr, 2013

I first reported the line fault on 7 /4. I was given a ref fault number 860crk050413.
    Repeated calls for a report and or to speak to a supervisor on the fault have fallen on deaf ears. Most frustrating, pathetic service .

• Mo
      16th of Sep, 2015

I had a contract for a mobile rooter for 2 years I was told that close to the time that the contract was due to expire I would be contacted by Telkom to discuss moving forward with the contract or I would be given the opportunity to change the contract. After 2 years the rooter would be mind. I was shocked to fine that in August Telkom deducted R1, 248 from my bank account without telling me. As the contract had expired I was charge the full amount for 5 gb. I immediately went into the Sea point branch of Telkom to sort the matter our. The staff was less than helpful, placed me on a phone here I sat for over 20mintues on hold waiting for a response to the complaint. Eventually a case number was logged. As I had not been contacted by anyone from telecom. After numerous phone calls etc. I was given a refund. I went to the Kenilworth Telkom store filled out the cancellation forms and took out a new contract (chad Daries -sales assistant). I was contacted a few days later by Glory Mashego. She promised that the matter would be sorted out. I then received an sms invoice stating that another R905 would be deducted from my account on the 15th September as my contact was still active. I gain went to Kenilworth store and spoke to Chad and asked for the matter to be sorted out. Less than helpful staff again. he informed me that Glory was the person responsible for sorting the situation out. I emailed glory on the 8th August along with chad and the ceo. I received and email from Glory on 8th August stating she remembered my case and would get back to me as soon as. Today is the 16th September and I still have not heard from anyone from Telkom. I have again sent the CEO Glory and Chad emails. Please can someone in the complaints department sort this matter out. My cell number is 082 449 3019

To
    Chad Daries (C)

CC
    [protected]@yahoo.com

Aug 26

Good day Chad

Trust that you are well.

A reminder that you should please process the request logged by the customer over the weekend.

Customer details are as follows:

103364256, MOIRA'S UNIQUE SPECIALISED TOURS, Business – MSISDN: 0614091768

• Kh
      4th of Oct, 2015

On the 11/03/2015 at 15h03 I called Telkom(10210) from 012 741 6901 number to upgrade my line speed and downgrade the data. A consultant by the name of Thobeka Luthuli upgared my line (order number 117112114A) and she advised me that my total monthly bill will be R469, 00 excluding the outgoing call that i will make. It was to my surprise when i received my bill month end and it was over R2000. I managed to dispute it with telkom and the following month bill was R198, which was also low because there was a service interuption. As i thought maybe the problem was resolved, It all started again and from that time I've been overbilled everymonth. I called again and spoke to Anemarie Swanepoel (Ref: 27578630) who confirmed that I'm supposed to be billed only R469, 00 and she can see on the system that it is a special package for me and she promised that month end it would be resolved. unfortunately i still got overbilled month end and I called again where a conference call was initiated between Sales and Billing department as well as myself (Date: 15/07/2015, Time: 10:30, Consulatant: Thembi Qabashe). They have promised me that the billing error would be resolved and if it doesn't, then I must request for this conversation recording as a proof that there is an error on my account. On the 15 September at 08:50 i called again from 012 741 6901 and spoke to Mr Kelen Naidoo who advised that he is going to inevstigate and came back to me but unfortunately I never heard from him since. Everything month I've been paying R500 and this is becoming a problem becausing it is causing arrears on my account and it will lead ti the suspension of my line. May kindly please go back to the recording and rectify my account. if this is not done, my next step is to take legal action since I've been strugling with this from the first month I have upgraded my line.

12th of Oct, 2015

I ordered a phone online with Telkom two weeks back and an agent called me NOKUBONGA and my order was approved and money debited in my account but I still haven't received my phone till this day.
    their call center is ridiculous I hold for more than 30 minutes I want to cancel the order and get my money back and i'm not updated on the status of my order. please email me [protected]@gmail.com or 0727157034

• Sh
      4th of Jan, 2016

Hi, our modem was down on Dec.21, 2015. We bought a new modem on Dec.22nd and called 10210 to activate it. With the help on phone, it did not work. We called 10210 on Dec.24th, Dec.26th, Dec. 28th too. We tried different laptops, It never worked out. Finally they gave us a fault number on Dec.28th and said that it was the fault date. In the following days, we called 2-3 times a day. Every time we were told that it was in the queue of being tested. On Jan.2nd, we were told that the test was down and it showed that our cable was also down. They will send a technician to our home to fix after making an appointment. Today is Jan.4th, Nobody call me for an appointment. I tried to call 10210 and always music. I tried to ask help from Telkom chat, I was told that it is in a queue again! My Line number is 011 469 3595. Please solve problems seriously. Do not play game! And you should not charge us since Dec.21! I cannot work at home, make internet calls, do anything on line!

• Br
      26th of Jan, 2016

Good day, my mobile contract with Telkom expired last year in October 2015. I gave 1 month calendar notice to close the line, which was in September last year. I physically went to the Bayside Mall Table view in September to request for cancellation. I then noticed after October, the debit order still went off my account, in fact the new instalment was higher and at no point in time did Telkom call me to ask if I would like to upgrade. I then went for a 2nd time to Telkom which was late November last year, to request for cancellation again. Still it was not done. I then went in a 3rd time to Bayside Mall, on the 12th of December 2015. The consultant noted my complaints and asked for urgent cancellation. When I called Telkom as a follow up call, I was told the consultant sent through the request for cancellation on the 24th of December and from there onwards, it will take another 21 days before the line are cancelled. I noted then to follow up on the 25th of January this year, ...21 days passed. When I called Telkom yesterday, they acknowledged the case number logged, but then said to me that it was logged through the incorrect queue ??
    My point is, I have been paying for a new contract, which in the first place, I was not consulted about whether I would like to upgrade..and secondly paying for something I tried to cancel 3 times. To date no one has called me ...its simple, I can cancel the debit order, but then Telkom will black list me and this would affect my credit reputation. the line that needs to be closed is 0815675124. Case number is 17300478. To call me on 0843000455 to confirm cancellation.

5th of Feb, 2016

I Mr S A Mariah His voice contact expired last October, in September we went into the branch at Trade Route mall to cancel the contract.Up to know this contact is still not cancelled, and also being charged for add on data bundles which we never requested. The last few months Telkom has billed us double.He has called the call centre which says case is being logged and must wait 21 days, then 30 days, its being more than that, this call centre has no idea what they are doing. After speaking nto someone at head office the line gets suspended.On 1st Feb went into Trade Route store again and was told the cancellation was in process, yesterday I called and was told to wait 72 hours for the line is opened before the line is cancel. We requested that the debited order also to be cancelled. While in the meantime telkom is just having fun debited my bank account. How much longer is this going to go on.The way I feel i do not want to keep the data line I have with telkom. They service is disappointing and very unprofessional.
    He urgently need this account to be sorted out and some compensation from Telkom call centre, or he is going to take this higher.

• Ne
      8th of Feb, 2016

Recently i applied for a new contract with telkom and three days later i get call from a consultant from telkom and made me aware that i still owe telkom R1305 which i dont even know about and now i tried to call to but i cant even get through to get help. I've always heard people saying telkom service s*******cks but now i see why people are so gutvol with telkom. How do i owe telkom if i never had a contract with telkom? 0736965583

• Yu
      17th of Feb, 2016

I am also sick and tired of Telkom and its pathetic and lazy employees, I requested a complaint to be logged because I am not getting internet while being in a LTE zone with 77% signal strength.
    My connection constantly "dies"whilst still connected, I get an OOB message and I still have 6 gig of data available.
    Telkom operators don't respond to you when you chat with the online and they haven't called me back for 5 days now. I'm extremely frustrated that I cannot even get a reference number from Telkom on my complaint. I will take this matter further by laying a formal complaint to ICASA and NCCSA. Telkom cannot charge me and not provide service and their rude incompetent employees should stop passing the buck.

• Na
      26th of Feb, 2016

I called a month ago and ask for telkom to come and assist us with a line. They said they will call us for an appointment. After a month they never called back, then I called them again and they said i got an appointment on 22nd februarie 2016. They sms us with all the information to confirm the appoinment and i replied" yes". I needed to get leave for that day because its a full day appointment. But they never showed...and never heard anything from them till today.

• St
      29th of Feb, 2016

Good Afternoon, i bought R50 telkom recharge vouchers amounting to R9600.00 at Telkom Westgate outlet in April 2015 and i only received them in May 2015. upon collection of the vouchers, i noticed that they were all expiring on the 31 October. i then refused to take them and asked for exchange for the later expiring date around 2016. The shop assistant contacted the owner Mr Bharat Kharshan, who gave me an assurance that they can still be used beyond that period and i can contact the for exchange should i experience any problems after collection. Unfortunately after the 31 October i released that all the vouchers amounting to R 7900.00 had expired and i return back them to the shop. since then i have been sent from pillar to post and to date i am still waiting for the voucher. all i get from the shop is just promises and the owner does not to talk to me any more. this is been four months and still not answers.

Please help.
    Khayalethu Stephen Makhaphela
    083 4491141

• Fr
      7th of Mar, 2016

I've logged a fault on the 3rd of February 2016. After a few week on the 22nb of February 2016 the fault was just closed without any resolution or any means of communicating to me at all. On the 26th of February I logged a new fault 632CRK260216 and still waiting for this to be resolved. Every time I phone Telkom they just say its at the testing centre and no technician is assigned. This is getting really frustrating now as Telkom is not helping me in any way to get my service up again.

• Al
      13th of May, 2016

Hi, I hope you are well.
    My Wife was contacted by your call centre with a Friday the thirteenth special (call centre number 0738307500).
    At the time I was not around and she explained to the operator that we needed to consult with one-another, he then agreed to call back within the hour.
    The offer was for a free router with 20 gigs of data for R199.00 per month.
    We never received the call back, we tried to contact the call centre which took our telephone number with the assurance that we would be called back, and that call has also not been returned.
    I tried several other numbers like 081180, they told me to contact 10213 where music simply and frustratingly just continues to play music.
    I would like to know if I can still get the Friday the thirteenth special as our call was never returned and we did everything possible to contact Telcom, but to no avail.
    Kind regards
    Albert Powrie

• Hu
      13th of Jul, 2016
    Telkom - Landline that continuously does not work
    Telkom

The purpose of having a phone, is that it is available whenever it is required, especially in emergency situations. However, with Telkom service, or should I say lack of service, it is as if I don’t have a telephone line. More often than not, the telephone does not work, and thus defeats the purpose of having a phone.Upon complaining to Telkom, three times in the last month, we hear about Telkom’s excuses for not attending to the problem. From the 14022010 to 26022010, I have had a telephone line that did not work:and this is totally unacceptable! At no stage did any technician come to my premises to test the line, yet I am continuously told they cannot find the problem. My concern is that Telkom claim, that they do not have enough technicians to attend to the problem promptly, yet both my neighbour and I have seen Telkom-repair vehicles parading on our street, up to two to three times a day for an entire week. Where is the justification in their complaint? My complaint is legitimate, because I am a female, living alone and totally dependant on the said landline.My point in complaining about this problem, is to ensure that I have a phone that works for longer than a few days.

• Pr
      13th of Jul, 2016
    Telkom Sa - They are dead useless
    telkom.co.za

My ADSL at home stopped working and for over two weeks I have tried to resolve the problem with Telkom. They have identified that there is a problem with ADSL line and have promised countless times to send a technician to fix the problem. They have billed me for the entire month and that is not issue, I am just very used to getting something in return when I pay for it. I also work from home and now I have to spend late nights at the office. They are dead useless.

• Tu
    Telkom - No judgment and lack of interest in business
    Telkom

We are staying in a upperclass complex with 240 flats and a office park being developed and telkom does not want to lay the line that is neccesary to give us a fixed line service. The distance for line to be laid aint even 2km but there is no way one can speak to anyone at Telkom who could assist you on getting this sorted out. You hit a barrier as soon as they see that the complex does not have phonelines and it seems like there is no way for any personal followup hereof.

No lines and no way to get them. If only one could speak to someone who could maybe put in a bit of judgement he would see that this is not so impossible to solve.

• Re
    Telkom - Faulty line
    174 delphinium str, Brackenhurst
    alberton
    South Africa

My phone line went out of service on the 1 St September 2015. I reported it to 10210 and received a logging ref 232CRZ020915 and that telkom will endeavour to resolve as soon as possible. On Saturday 19 September I received a sms that line was retested and to be in order although it was still faulty. I reported it again the same day with ref nr 155CRZ 190915 and was told that they will escalate the problem as soon as possible. I am still waiting and it is the 29 September now, and no word from telkom. I must state that my home security alarm is depended on my telephone line and it is not possible to arm my security system. Please help!!!. I am an ex telkom employer but since I went on pension in 2005 I can not believe it is the same company anymore.

• Ga
    Telkom Mobile - Billing
    Pretoria
    South Africa

I opened my contract with Telkom Mobile on 15 February 2014.

I received my first statement and I was over charged by R595. This was in March.

I spoke to one of the consultants in May, who goes by C. Mavuka.

He refunded my money and gave me two choices. He said I can either be credited the money or be credited. I told him I want the refund and to pill me as usual.

Then when I got my invoices I was credited against my instructions.

I left the country and when I came back I come back to messages telling me that I need to pay R595 or my account will be suspended. This was the beginning of July.

I tried to resolve this but with no luck. I was debited R938 last week Tuesday and that was the last straw for me.

Then on Wednesday (23 July) at about 21:30 my account was suspended after the debit had gone through.

I asked someone to reinstate my account immediately and they did BUT as a result I lost my 3G network. I have been running on EDGE since Wednesday night and I want my 3G restored.

• So
    Telkom - CHARGES FOR UNREALISED SERVICES
    RFS FINANCIAL SERVICES
    South Africa

On the 1st of July 2010 I requested Telkom in writing and personally to cancell the order and transfer of 3 lines which I ordered in apparoximately March 2010. By July no lines were available to me and I had to rent lines from the Office Park where my new offices were situated. Various follow up calls revealed that Telkom were busy woth the staiums for teh Wordl Cup and I must be patient. Telkom charged me for installation and rent on these 'lines' that were never installed at my premises. There are no call charges lodged against these lines because they were not physically connected to my switchboard by Telkom . The whole saga cost me dearly as I am in the Financial Services Industry and I had to organise other lines to utilise. I spent days without having means to correspond with my clients .I received a dispute reference number - 25484314 and were promised by Telkom that the matter would be dealt with . Telkom did proceed to cancell the lines but still hold me liable for the Intallation cost and Rental for R3092.60 plus interest of R 800.00 . They now gave me an ultimatum to pay up or my service on my one line that I have on this account will be suspended. I do not see how I can be held responsible for a service that NEVER MATERIALISED !! Had the lines been at my disposal I could have continued with my business as normal. Please assist .

• Mi
    Telkom - Dont create expectation and not deliver
    Telkom

I place a order for a fixed line and asdl connection. I was told on the call it would take 2weeks. It took 1month after I called to get an appointment. I get confirmation from Rodney Truman who confirmed instalation on the 1804 between 3-6.I got a call on the 1704 to confirm I could expect the techie on the 1804 and he would call.He didnt call.I called&abigail confirmed he would still come.Then Thomas advised he wouldnt make it and got the technie to confirm a time in a conference call for Sunday 8:30. You have already cost me an hours billable time. I literally hit the roof this morning when Pearl phones to ask me about Sunday saying they dont work on Sunday. Please explain to me why you make arrangements, create expectation and dont maintain them. Further explain why I was told to make arrangement and later you dont pitch and I lose billable income time. Lastly why call a techie who confirms he will attend to me on Sunday if he isnt going to pitch??? What the hell is going on and why do I get the impression to coordinate my your visit to do your booked and arrange job, is going to be similiar to finding hen with gold teeth??? I want rock solid confirmation of what is happening

• Je
    Telkomsa.net - dsl
    private
    South Africa

I have reported my adsl for the last week, that the modems internet and adsl light do not come on, did have tecknician at home but no luck cant find problem but still no internet . I have replaced 3modems at telkom and still the same. I went and bought my own modem and it works, did test the modems that are from telkom at frends house and there it works but not at my house, so what must i do.REF NO 153CTK170911, 670CTK140911, 557CTK140911

• Sr
    Telkom - No telephone
    Telephone
    South Africa

We have not had a phone that is operational for over 2 months now, Telkom are not able to fix this problem, we have contacted and reported this over and over to their call centre, they have sent people out who obviously do not know what they doing as they can not seem to resolve this issue. in the meantime we are being charged for line rental etc.. what do we need to do to get our line operational and working??? This is rediculous and unprofessional!

• Qi
    Telkom - Telkom bills for non-existent telephone
    Telkom

We ordered a new line from Telkom. We bought a telephone instrument from Clicks, yet when Telkom's first bill arrived it included a charge of R129 for a telephone instrument! When I queried it the woman answering the phone said I must prove we did NOT get the phone from Telkom. HOW DO YOU PROVE A NEGATIVE? Unfortunately we did not keep the receipt of the Clicks phone, so all I could send her was a photo of the phone together with the instruction manual which made it obvious that it was NOT a Telkom phone. TO DATE NO RESPONSE.

I have since been paying the monthly Telkom bill MINUS R129.

When we wanted to order voicemail the other day Telkom insisted that we first pay the R129! So I paid it to get the voicemail.

MY SOLUTION: Telkom will as usual ignore this complaint. The phone is in my cc's name (nobody signed surety) that is not doing so well. When the cc goes bang one day and I see it's happening, we'll conveniently call all our family and friends in New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kon, Japan, the UK and the USA and say 'Oops' there's no money to pay you Telkom, sorry...

• Hu
    Telkom - Telkom unable to upgrade ADSL any time of month
    Telkom

For some reason, Telkom is wholly unable to upgrade an ADSL account from a 1GB to a 3GB account without charging you for both options for 2 months in a row. According to the store in Tygervalley, I was supposed to call Telkom on the 1st day of the month to cancel my 1GB account and then open a 3GB account. When I tried doing this, I was instead holding the line for 50 minutes on the 1st of March. I again tried today (2 March) and am now told that I was supposed to cancel my 1GB subscription BEFORE the beginning of the month. What I don't get is that the subscription that I need to cancel, is my 1GB March 2010 subscription, WHICH I ALREADY PAID FOR, and according to Telkom, I WILL NOW BE LIABLE FOR THE 1GB APRIL 2010 SUBSCRIPTION ALSO, one WHICH I HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN BILLED FOR YET. And in the mean time, they'll start invoicing me for the 3GB subscription also, so come April 2010, I'll be paying for 2 subscriptions. If this isn't daylight robbery, I don't know what is. I don't want to pay for 2 subscriptions when I will only be using one. And I don't want to wait another month do be able to upgrade because the information provided by 2 Telkom agents differ so vastly! FIND A SOLUTION!