Teleflora.com / Undelivered Flowers - Terrible customer service

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

I ordered a funeral spray for my mothers funeral. I called first to make double sure they could deliver the order in time for the funeral and was told that funeral orders take the highest priority, so being reassured, I placed my order. On the day of the funeral - no flowers.
I placed a call to Teleflora, and a rep told me that the person who handles the orders at the florist had stepped out and he told me he would call me back after he was able to speak to her.
No phone call back.
Since it was my mother's funeral, I was too busy that day to call them back.
the next day, I got a computer generated email telling me that the flowers could not be delivered on my preferred date, and to provide them with an alternate date for delivery.
I was appalled and emailed back that my mother did not have an alternate funeral date.
HERE'S WHERE IT GETS REALLY BAD: Teleflora told me that the florist would like to deliver the funeral spray to my house and they would put in an additional $25 worth of flowers to make it up to me.
WHAT? So, basically, they failed to deliver a funeral spray to my mom's funeral and now they want to see if they can keep my money and the order?
I told them that they had just added insult to injury - and seriously, the guy at Teleflora told me that "That was the florists offer, not mine".
since then, I have been round and round with Teleflora about this situation - and every single time, they blame the florist and take no responsibility for the problem.

To any Teleflora defenders / employees who would like to post comments defending them saying that they are simply an order taker - keep this in mind - you are the face of the business - you provide the guarantees, and you are responsible for all florists you choose to handle your orders. Furthermore, when something goes wrong - step up and take responsibility. All a customer really wants is a sincere apology and and effort to make it better.

I have finally fought hard enough to get my refund - but the anguish this has caused me is just so awful.

I will never use Teleflora again, and would advise you all to shop locally with independent small business owners whenever possible - and if not, do your research online before using a big company that doesn't care about one small order.

This was my last opportunity to give an expression of love to my mother and they ruined it completely.

Comments

• Sh
      8th of May, 2011

I am so sorry you had to deal with the crap you dealt with during a hard time for you. How terrible! I SO wish I would have gotten on here before I ordering my Mom's flowers for Mother's Day that she did not receive. I can't believe they got Faith Hill to do their commercials. If she only knew who she was representing. They are just horrible. I just want my money back and you know I'm going to go thru the ringer to get it back.

• Cc
      18th of Feb, 2012

UNDELIVERED FLOWERS & EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

I ordered flowers to be delivered on Valentine's day way in advance. Late afternoon on Valentine's day, I received an email saying that they can't deliver that day. I responded back immediately asking them to try to deliver the flowers asap. Three days later, they sent me a generic email reply saying that they're seeing high volume of emails and will be getting back to me later. THis is ridiculous. Any suggestion on how I can make sure I get my money back from them?